Bad word choice by Jagex?

chazzycaz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just deepends my disgust with political correctness.

Seriously i wish they hadn't changed it and just let that incredibly small minortiy keep whining untill they cant whine anymore.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It's only offensive if you take it as offensive. And you've got to be really reaching to find that offensive. Geez, I didn't know that people were so sensitive.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Niggle

Noun

1. a small worry or doubt

2. a trivial objection or complaint [scandinavian]

No...

Look at #2.

HOW [bLEEP]-ING IRONIC. Niggling about niggles, the RSOF reminds us that they are a bunch of crybabies with absolutely nothing to do.

Absolutely nothing to do... And we're the one's talking about what they do.. hmm =P~

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

We need to change christmas crackers then,too. I'm deeply offended :roll:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Honestly, cmon no one cares; not even the majority of black people I bet.

*S[racist term]s*

Just sad

this remind my so bad of a southpark episode, we're are white people we can NEVER ever understand the pain or felling that runs thry a black mans heart and mind when he hears the n word, remember that you are white you can't say it don't matter, cause we simply can understand it.

stands word:

i get it, i finely get it, i don't get it, i simple can't get it, and the black kids saids he is right, he can't know how he feels at all ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Honestly, cmon no one cares; not even the majority of black people I bet.

*S[racist term]s*

Just sad

this remind my so bad of a southpark episode, we're are white people we can NEVER ever understand the pain or felling that runs thry a black mans heart and mind when he hears the n word, remember that you are white you can't say it don't matter, cause we simply can understand it.

stands word:

i get it, i finely get it, i don't get it, i simple can't get it, and the black kids saids he is right, he can't know how he feels at all ;)

I'm not white, I'm asian

It's not the same word, should s[racist term] be removed from the dictionary because it has the N word in it?

Discrimination is pretty much gone anyway in formal terms; I mean, a black man (may be only half but similar) is about to become president, this is a better society.

Niggle

Noun

1. a small worry or doubt

2. a trivial objection or complaint [scandinavian]

No...

The objective of the post wasnt to question the meaning of the word, which as I stated earlier is perfectly proper. The objective is that if Jagex keep recieving comments such as the ones I posted, will they bow down and change the comment....

Why should they change it? They aren't saying anything racist or suggestively racist, you wouldn't ask them to change a quest cutscene where your character discovers a [weakness] in his/her armour due to some evil magic because it is racist would you...

I find that especially stupid. No one's going to think: "OMG THERE'S A CHINESE PERSON IN MY ARMOUR!" A ch?ink is a small, narrow opening or a light ringing sound as far as I'm concerned. I don't see how words can be racist anyways. How can a racist term be any worse than a general term? How is cracker any worse than Caucasian person, or ch?ink any worse than Chinese person, for example? A load of nonsense.

[sarcasm]Why don't we censor cracker, too? After all, cracker is a racist term for Caucasian people. It doesn't matter than crackers are a commonly-eaten food, just like it doesn't matter that ch?ink refers to a small narrow opening or light ringing sound.[/sarcasm]

I hope programming language keywords don't become racist. We won't be able to use the 'class' keyword because it's racist, by excluding all data types that are not classes. [sarcasm]Hopefully there will be censors built in to operating systems to prevent the characters c, l, a, s and s appearing in sequence.[/sarcasm]

In my opinion, they should have given the RSOF morons the middle finger and changed nothing. For one, 'niggles' isn't even a dual-term like ch?ink or cracker - it's not racist at all. Something that sounds similar isn't the something. If an elephant (yeah, I was originally gonna put a person's name but you'll probably whine) walks around on the floor, there isn't an earthquake occurring just because it sounds like it. Too much waste comes from peoples' mouths, and too much gas from their ears, these days.

Racism is arguably one of the most idiotic concepts ever invented by mankind, along with war and people of different religious groups not leaving those of other groups alone.

!Xobile the African is a human.

Vassili the Caucasian is a human.

Chang the Asian is a human.

Jose the Hispanic is a human.

etc.

It makes no difference. There is absolutely nothing on this planet where race makes a difference, except visual recognition. And we don't even need race there. Take the French, for example. Their law enforcement is forbidden by law (I believe) to make any references to race. They say something like "dark skin complexion" instead of African, for example. Excellent idea. The French are intelligent - start listening to them. COUGH UNITED STATES + METRIC SYSTEM COUGH.

If this post made absolutely no sense to you whatsoever, please send me a PM saying "hello" in Russian. Thank you. The Russian word for hello is ?????? (privet). Pronounced sort of like "priv-yet".

Well, I'm off to go slip my dagger through some ch?inks in some creatures' chitins, and land vicious blows.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

You guys do know that this kind of stuff happens in the RSOF every day right? If you think this niggle uproar was something big, it's nothing compared to what the RSOF delivers on a daily basis.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

We need to change christmas crackers then,too. I'm deeply offended :roll:

ME TOO! :evil:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Learn something new everday. Heh, didn't even know that word existed.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

It's funny that Jagex has changed it because of those who can't read properly. On a side note, "black demon" means exactly the same as that racist term when translated literally into Cantonese. Post this on the RSOF and get 10k "omg racist Duradel!!!111one111" replies.

I'm assuming niggles is more of an English word, so not knowing the real meaning beforehand, I found the whole situation somewhat amusing. :)

That, and the word niggles itself is just a funny word. :P

This is once again an example of Jagex giving in to the Politically Correct [bleep] and their lapdogs. :wall: It sickens me...

You know those "symbols" in various dungeons? They used to be pentagrams. They were then changed to "demonic symbols" which were changed to what they currently are.

There are other instances of the PC Cult and their lapdogs getting things changed, too... For example, Zanik's examine used to say "She kicks H.A.M. [wagon]" but they changed it because of those whining sacks of [cabbage].

I wish these people would just shut the [bleep] up already, suck it up, and leave well-enough alone.

td2sig.jpg

Ok, all words starting with "ni" are racist from now on. And anyone who doesn't agree with me is a racist aswell.

Seriously... this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen by Jagex. Epic fail.

Discrimination is pretty much gone anyway in formal terms; I mean, a black man (may be only half but similar) is about to become president, this is a better society.

OT: I hear a lot of black kids where I live comment that Barack Obama isn't black enough, that he's only HALF black. So apparently they're still complaining about not having a black president. Then the ones that say he IS good enough go around and push others around in a taunting manner.

On-Topic: I thought that the people on RSOF were just making fun of the word 'niggle' because it sounded funny? I didn't realize there was actually a huge rant on the forums that made Jagex change the word out of fear of a lawsuit.

This is pretty ridiculous. I made a thread in Varrock Library that kind of makes fun of the whole situation. Niggles... hehe :P

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Dragon 10h? :lol:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

OT: I hear a lot of black kids where I live comment that Barack Obama isn't black enough, that he's only HALF black. So apparently they're still complaining about not having a black president. Then the ones that say he IS good enough go around and push others around in a taunting manner.

On-Topic: I thought that the people on RSOF were just making fun of the word 'niggle' because it sounded funny? I didn't realize there was actually a huge rant on the forums that made Jagex change the word out of fear of a lawsuit.

This is pretty ridiculous. I made a thread in Varrock Library that kind of makes fun of the whole situation. Niggles... hehe :P

8_rap_music_50-cent.gif

DIS MAH PERSSIENTIST! HE BLACK YO! HE SHOOT YO DAWG! HE BLACK ENOUGH YO! KKK FOR CHICKEEN!

Ok, all words starting with "ni" are racist from now on. And anyone who doesn't agree with me is a racist aswell.

Seriously... this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen by Jagex. Epic fail.

So, basically the Knights who say Ni are in for it.

I really do wonder, if there was a deadly plague that was transferred through contact with the RSOF, how much would the average IQ of humanity go up...

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif