Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

Quick warning though, Final Fantasy VII has some serious compatibility issues under Windows XP.

Not to mention it's a bad game (oh snap) :P

Try Skies of Arcadia maybe. They had a re-release of it for the gamecube, it's a pretty unique and good RPG. If you're looking for a more D&D inspired game though you could give either Baulders Gate II or Neverwinter Nights a try on the PC. Both great games.

I found LOTR The Third Age to be quite fun, if that was released on GC.

Yeah, that was a pretty good game, in it's own way.

I only bought it because it was an RPG, though it was fairly decent, if a little too easy, except for the final area, I got lost somehow, in a game where you cannot possibly get [bleep]ing lost!

Yeah, and Nadril, as a first introduction to the Final Fantasy series, FFVII is a bad one to choose, I think it only recieved as much hype since it was the first fully 3d one. Though had gaping holes, Aerith dies, yet the characters get beat up, slashed pretty much everything during battle, lose all their HP and a pheniox down works? Why could we not use one on Aerith? All for advancement of the story, I guess.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Dunno, I've never played any FF games. I am aware of the fanboyism behind FF7 though, so I've always been sceptic about it.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I actually just finished LOTR: The Third Age a few months ago. I kept dying at the final boss, but I was able to defeat him on a stroke of luck. It was a pretty enjoyable game and the evil mode was pretty cool.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Dunno, I've never played any FF games. I am aware of the fanboyism behind FF7 though, so I've always been sceptic about it.

Ah, then I don't reccomend starting with it.

It is a good game, in my opinion, though far from the best Final Fantasy.

I'll agree with others and suggest LOTR: The Third Age, since I did find it pretty enjoyable too. Although I did have to look up a guide to navigate the final area.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

And if you haven't found out yet, yes, LotR: The Third Age was released for GameCube.

And if you're not really a fan of LotR, despite the title, the game isn't really that closely connected to the books or movies.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Ok which should I get my Xbox 360 got a 1 red bar hardware failure I'm expecting it to be back in 1 month.

Should I get Funorb Membership for 12 monthes. $36 dollars.

Or a new Ds game that is expected to be about 8.5+ rating. same.

Right I'm getting a new GFX card for my PC soon, so I'll be buying a bunch of games.

I love RPGs, so those are my main interest. I currently have Hellgate: London and Guild Wars Collection waiting for me to be able to play, so I just wanted a BUNCH of RPGs to be recommended to me. No Anime/Japan crap please I can't stand that stuff, also i'd prefer online but if its exceptional like Oblivion or something then offline games are cool too.

Thanks

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Right I'm getting a new GFX card for my PC soon, so I'll be buying a bunch of games.

I love RPGs, so those are my main interest. I currently have Hellgate: London and Guild Wars Collection waiting for me to be able to play, so I just wanted a BUNCH of RPGs to be recommended to me. No Anime/Japan crap please I can't stand that stuff, also i'd prefer online but if its exceptional like Oblivion or something then offline games are cool too.

Thanks

Neverwinter Nights

k9999-crazyarm.gif

I didn't see the sticky for this. /idiot #-o

Anywho, I'm looking for a card duelling game online. I would like it to be free-to-play.

So far I have only found 2 in TOTAL.

Yu-Gi-Oh Online - Pay to play.

Alteil Online - I believe it's Free-to-play.

Any points in the right direction would be most helpful.

Could try battleforge by EA, its a card game tied in with an RTS, no idea how it plays though. Go check it out.

Also to the guy asking about PC RPGS: GOGO Mass Effect.

Battleforge requires you to pay if you want more credits for cards though.

Thanks

More suggestions, please?

Are you looking for just RPG's that are online or are you more in favor of looking for an MMO (probably with a subscription).

Also you realize Hellgate:London is only single player now right, and that their studio went down months and months ago -- so there is no online play in it.

Thanks

More suggestions, please?

Fallout 3 is a must.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

@Nadril; Both really, but if it's an MMO i'd prefer it to have some kinda trial so I can decide whether I really like it or not, but really just RPGs primarily, no anime crap though please.

@Insanity; I have that and Oblivion for my 360 already. ;)

Well I'll be honest and say I don't like any of the current western MMOs on the market so I can't really help you there. You could try WoW like everyone else, and it's probably the most sensible recommendation, but yeah. The only good western MMOs I know are pretty old now and probably not worth playing anymore.

If you'd settle with an eastern game you could try Aion when it comes to the US September. It's an excellent game with a focus on PvPvE and is the most polished MMO to come stateside in years. Of course that's if you could get over it's eastern style ("Anime crap" if you want to say that) even though you can make some very western looking characters, not to mention the actual gameplay is very westernized.

As far as single player RPG's again I can't think of too many good, recent, ones for the PC. I guess you could play Mass Effect like someone suggested. Baulders Gate I and II are both excelent games, as well as the older Bioware and Black Isle games. I guess if you wanted a hack and slash game you could probably pick up Titan Quest and it's expansion over steam for cheap, it's a solid action RPG (think: diablo) that me and ultima are having a lot of fun with lanning (over hamachi because we're dirty pirates).

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, maybe you guy's can help. I'm bored to tears over here still, Aion is a few months away and I can't figure out any games I want to play. I figure maybe you guy's know some good gems.

What I want:

- PC Game.

- Genre doesn't really matter much, but I've been craving a good game like Devil may cry 4. I have a 360 controller so don't worry about that.

- I would sort of prefer something a little more recent, I've seemed to be under a rock almost when it comes to single player gaming on the PC (too many MMO and online stuff). Chances are if it's a really old game I may have already played it.

- I don't think you guy's really want me to sound off a list of stuff I've played, I'd rather you just try and suggest some good stuff. Indie or big budget, doesn't really matter to me. Just looking for some great single player experiences.

Im guessing you have played morrowind and oblivion?

Or you dont like them.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've played both of them. Morrowind I actually didn't really like, not a fan of a large persistent world if it's just going to be single player. I found the actual main quest in that game lacking.

Oblivion was fun for a bit but I've already played it. In the same vein I've already played Fallout 3 too and didn't really like it.