Tip.It Times: 18 Jan 2009

n_odie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would genuinely like to see you write an article for the times. I reckon it would be interesting and better thought out than many that seem to come through... There's the gauntlet, how do you fancy your chances?! :-) Liked your points there though, good rational thought. =D>

Thank you for the compliment! I admit the idea sounds intriguing, but I feel the Times has already put together a talented staff.

rssig2.png

"It's a Whole Other World Out There" states:

"For others it is a mixed blessing. PvP worlds are for those people that spot at Aviansies that they couldn't find on any other world, for others it has become a method of moneymaking (known as PvP farming). But with the ability to crash whatever people are doing, Clans that lived just to do that are back from the dead as well. Just ask yourself, have you had a chance yet to completely use up your Brawling Gloves?"

What's PVP farming? I've never heard of it...

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

I always loved the Times, and this is no exception.

Great Job :thumbsup: .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I sort of hope that the dragon crossbow would be a 2h weapon, like a real crossbow. That or make it so you can alternate between 1 and 2-handed, 1 handed = wear a shield, 2 handed = better aim/damage/speed. (aim because you hold it steadier, damage because you can aim at weaker spots, speed because you can reload faster.)

ahh, i see, nice idea.

Why does everyone need to know at what age Jagex aims this game? It's about whether you like this game or not, not about whether it's meant for your age or not.

I don't think it's so much that everyone needs to know, it's that they're curious about knowing. Jagex used to seem very overprotective about everything, now they decide to let profanity, albeit mild profanity, in the game.

it really doesnt matter, if i was 10 and wanted to play ANY game, i would. Same if i was 20 or 70 for that matter ffs.

D-Xbow...interesting ideas tbh. i liked the 2nd one best, the 3rd just seems like overkill. i also finally decided to put all of my replies on one "reply"...lolz, im kinda proud of myself for thinking about that, although the number of posts i have doesnt go up. :|

"It's a Whole Other World Out There" states:

"For others it is a mixed blessing. PvP worlds are for those people that spot at Aviansies that they couldn't find on any other world, for others it has become a method of moneymaking (known as PvP farming). But with the ability to crash whatever people are doing, Clans that lived just to do that are back from the dead as well. Just ask yourself, have you had a chance yet to completely use up your Brawling Gloves?"

What's PVP farming? I've never heard of it...

I'm pretty sure its when you farm on a pvp world with farming gloves on...gives you way more crazy exp which is good for hard long skills like farming. especially since u can just log out till it grows and come back later for it w/o really putting yourself in any danger.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Hmm, I thought PvP farming was wide enough a known method that it didn't need explaining... So here goes...

Basicly what people do is stay and do random stuff on a PvP world for a bit and try not to get killed... Then they risk against an opponent who fights back and has food a bare minimum (75k+1 on p2p, 25k+1 on f2p)... This opponent is their friend and they keep switching roles till whenever... The idea is that you risk a very small amount while still having a chance of getting a drop like a D Chain or Statius' Warhammer...

For more information on how drops are calculated, click here

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i thought the one about the dragon x-bow was very well made and i think he should post it on RS forums.... i totally agree with it none the less! <3:

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

Would genuinely like to see you write an article for the times. I reckon it would be interesting and better thought out than many that seem to come through... There's the gauntlet, how do you fancy your chances?! :-) Liked your points there though, good rational thought. =D>

Thank you for the compliment! I admit the idea sounds intriguing, but I feel the Times has already put together a talented staff.

Sorry yeah, just to clarify: I was complimenting you not lambasting the Times staff. Seriously though, if you ever feel like writing a letter to the editor post, I would be very interested to read it! :-)

Those were four very interesting articals. But I want to talk bout two of them.

First, the dragon crossbow. Now, I don't think these things would be necessisary. Rune Crossbows hit extremely well already. Combined with a Dark Bow special, its pretty much an instant k0. With a dragon crossbow, the max hit would be too high.

The way it would be introduced was pretty interesting. MAking it a drop, but non-tradable would be best. Look at the dragon plate and dragon claws.

The other was how people can waste time on PvP worlds skilling or something to get drop potential. Personally, I alch on a PvP world. The place I alch at is very secluded, thus giving me free time. Something has to change, maybe stopping time gained when skilling or alching.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

First, the dragon crossbow. Now, I don't think these things would be necessisary. Rune Crossbows hit extremely well already. Combined with a Dark Bow special, its pretty much an instant k0. With a dragon crossbow, the max hit would be too high.

The way it would be introduced was pretty interesting. MAking it a drop, but non-tradable would be best. Look at the dragon plate and dragon claws.

The other was how people can waste time on PvP worlds skilling or something to get drop potential. Personally, I alch on a PvP world. The place I alch at is very secluded, thus giving me free time. Something has to change, maybe stopping time gained when skilling or alching.

A dragon crossbow does not hit higher than a bronze cbow.

It is the type of bolts that determines the hit.

>>>Split Personalities - Chat Censor (Catherby Curmudgeon)<<<

Who knows, but I know I feel Jagex should take an hour or two and write us up a detailed mission statement of who the game is meant for and how they plan to aim it for that demographic among others, give us a mission statement to understand where you want to take the game.

Jagex have made plenty of statements on RuneScape's demographic...

Geoff Iddison: RuneScape's demographic is from 7 to 18, with a sweet spot being around 13, 14, or 15. It's 85 percent male, but we're keen to get more females into the game. There's puzzles that are aimed at the female audience, as opposed to the PvP stuff, which is more male-oriented....But we've got a lot of people over 40 playing Runescape; we have whole families playing the game. We have granddads and grandmas meeting their siblings, nieces, and nephews within the game. We want to appeal to the whole. For anyone who wants to play RuneScape, there's something in there for them.

Henrique Olifiers: "MechScape, said Olifiers, will take technology beyond what they've done with RuneScape, and is also aimed at an older, more advanced audience (if the "sweet spot" for RuneScape is early teenagers, MechScape is aimed at people in their 20s).

Just as MUDs were the precursors to MMORPGs, Henrique described Runscape as a Junior MMORPG. A great training ground for other MMORPGs.

And in terms of where they intend to go look no further than the July 2008 interview with Andrew:

We will always focus on improving RuneScape and adding more depth to it. That said, a year from now, I would expect more of a focus on multiplayer and teambased gaming. We believe that players would benefit from more social content, and we have some great ideas for this. You won't have to be in a clan to do any of this either - we have plans for match-making scenarios where you could meet other players and team up with those that you like. We see RuneScape as a forum for people to meet and get to know each other... Our aim is to not abandon our older games and their fanbases in any way, which is a real test when you consider that we still cater for their older computers... we are obviously going to keep focused on RuneScape it's our priority to keep updating this massively popular game

More long-term Andrew said back in June that "another graphical update may well be in the works in another four years" (other quotes about RuneScape's future posted here).

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

A dragon crossbow does not hit higher than a bronze cbow.

It is the type of bolts that determines the hit.

You beat me too it.

However, I do agree a rune crossbow is ACCURATE enough.

Btw, whats that about the "hits" to get a gem?

Is a rock predetermined to deliver a gem, irellevant by who mines it?

I thought it was something personal (personal luck), and that a glory makes it happen more often. Also, when I get a gem, I'm pretty sure I get it instantly (been a long time though, not sure here).

Or are you talking about the gem rocks in shilo?

I've got a good one btw:

DID YOU KNOW, cigarette lighters were invented before matches!

(who recognizes this :-)).

First of all, I would like to say all these articles were obviously thought out and very interesting, as well as informing =D>

The thing is that a dragon x-bow wouldnt be that great a step above rune

Using an addy c bow compared to a rune c bow, the difference is very insignificant. besides the fact that you can use rune bolts witha rune c bow, the chances of being more accurate are not that large.

Thus being said, the only way a dragon c bow would make a really big difference is if they made dragon BOLTS to go with it. if they did, then i completely agree that everyone without a dragon c bow would be pretty much doomed unless they have a severe advantage against the ranger.

Also, i think jagex would want to keep the fact that bows can be just as effective as c bows, and the 100+ bonus on a crystal bow would be the only way to do that. making a higher bonus ona c bow would completely destroy any reason to have a bow as opposed to a c bow (with an exception to specs, which would also be destroyed if dragon c bow was introduced)

all in all, however, i think they all did a great job (im looking forward to pt. 4 of War running!)

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

[stats][/stats]

@ dragon cbow

How does he dare to not mention the most sexy ranging weapon there is in the first article? Karil's xbow ::'

A dragon crossbow wouldn't really be neccesary, even though it would be nice if the special would be something like that if you press the special bar that you're 100% guaranteed of the bolt's special effect like dragon bolts e.

@ stormrage's thing

PVP worlds are the best thing ever, I literally live in them. Now I got something to do everytime i log in, when there was only bh , pking was limited for those with maxed stats or maxed med crater stats to make some profit.

The only thing they need to fix is that people can drop their items when you're killing them to come back unskulled and pick them up again.

Didn't read the article about swearing and warring fully. Clanwars in multi are mostly a waste since it's just about who has got most members with the highest stats/gear.

I'd like to point out that RS is under new management. This seems to be a step by the overall management to show the older members that they still care. I, for one, am very pleased with what they've done so far, and I hope they continue this. Oh, and I'd like them to make my name possible to say ingame.

Overall, good job Jagex.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

If a Dragon Crossbow EVER came out, I would be soloing whatever dropped the pieces day and night until I get them, and then I would either be soloing GWD day and night with my new toy, or continuing to solo Dragon Crossbows to sell. I once soloed Zilyana 19 times in 1 trip with my Rune Crossbow. I can only imagine how many I could solo a trip with a Dragon Crossbow. I do find it a bit weird that the mighty weapon used to kill Armadyl and Sara can be bought for a mere 11k. It might cause a bit of inflation in the economy due to the serious GWDers getting faster coinshared Arma and Sara hilts.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

>>>Introducing: The Dragon Crossbow (Necromagus)<<<

I hadn't been on RuneScape in the last couple of days and just glanced at the recent updates after seeing just the title of this.

That made me think that the Seers Achievement Diary included the Dragon Crossbow as one of the rewards... :(

I mean, it would've kinda made sense, especially if you hadn't read what Necromagus was suggesting as a possible source;

Seers' Village is a central hub of things dealing with both wood and Ranged and I could've sworn someone at the Ranger's Guild even mentions Dragon Crossbows.

2dgucz6.png

I only have one problem with the Dragon Crossbow idea.

I don't like how the monster that drops the pieces is exclusively for rangers. What monsters are exclusively for melee attackers? Or Magic users? If they were to release a monster like that, people would soon expect high level monsters that have high-end drops for ONLY melee users or ONLY magic users.

Chaos would ensue, because then the Rangers would complain they couldn't safe-spot some level 200 monster which drops some high selling piece of armor (etc).

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

I only have one problem with the Dragon Crossbow idea.

I don't like how the monster that drops the pieces is exclusively for rangers. What monsters are exclusively for melee attackers? Or Magic users? If they were to release a monster like that, people would soon expect high level monsters that have high-end drops for ONLY melee users or ONLY magic users.

Chaos would ensue, because then the Rangers would complain they couldn't safe-spot some level 200 monster which drops some high selling piece of armor (etc).

I suppose they could be made kind of like waterfiends, with range being far more effective then any other attack style...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To "Dragon Crossbow" article.

You are sorely mistaken if you believe that crossbow is the most overdue dragon equipment. Dragon woodcutting axe was released ages ago, though I'd rather not try to look up the year. Ever since, I have been waiting patiently (less patiently as time goes ad infinitum) for the dragon pick axe.

When they came up with the adze, and had it equivalent to the dragon woodcut axe, but only equivalent to the rune pick axe, I came to the conclusion they're not even considering a dragon pick axe. Who knows why? They could make a sick looking pick, and what will it hurt? Jagex let me down on this one.