Maturity and Immaturity

imbackstinkers

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Now here's my two cents

Girls think that they are more mature than guys their age but are they really?

Ive seen some really mature 12 year old guys and some really immature 14 year old girls, but what makes someone mature or immature in your eyes, some people have had to mature very rapidly, people like teenage parents,orphans etc have to mature and fend for themselves.

Immaturity spreads far and wide, the guys in runescape that curse and swear and are perm muted in a week, most people think that they are 11 year olds but immaturity knows no age limits, they are some athlethes who act very immature, such as two soccer players who get in each other's face over a silly little tackle, no one was hurt on injured but they feel the need to talk crap to each other.

It has been said many times that the kids who get in fights are the immature ones who can't seem to walk away, do you agree or disagree with that statement.

Who's more mature guys or girls?

Discuss

On average (yes, average, so individuals don't apply here) girls mature faster. Fact of life. Doesn't necessarily have to correlate with behaviour, but hitting puberty faster and coming out of it faster does have it's reflections on behaviour.

What most said, depends on who and age. though i was fairly mature during my teens, never drank at all, never gave into peer presure, did "That" many dumb things.

Drinking is not a sign of immaturity. It's the "how" and "why" questions that determine immaturity.

@above: there's no correlation between helping and maturity. A 5 year old kid can help his dad, but is not mature at all. Helping people is a sign of "being good", not being mature.

Depends. I see a difference between being mature and being a grown up. Both can be easy or really hard. Being a grown up is turribly difficult for me, as I'm sure many of you've noticed, but being mature isn't all that difficult. Just don't be an [wagon] slice.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It has been said many times that the kids who get in fights are the immature ones who can't seem to walk away, do you agree or disagree with that statement.

Usually, but not always.

I mean if some guys like picking on your friend and you tell him to stop, but he keeps doing it, and it gets really bad and all, tbh it seems more mature to kick his [wagon] for your friends sake.

(unless he's really big....hah)

-Its mature to stick up for your friend but yeah, that wasn't the question.

Hah I'm pretty immature sometimes, mostly because I get bored easily :P But I'm usually pretty mature.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Everyone has a right to a certain amount of immaturity in their lives when they are young, but a lot of times it goes overboard and anyone who is lucky and unlucky enough to have matured before the people that person is surrounded by feels pretty alone. I know a few people like that.

Was I really that bad?

C2b6gs7.png

I have no attention span.I wouldn't call it ADHD simply because too many [wagon] use that term,also,I've not been clinically certified.

I like to have fun,and I can't even absorb stuff if I'm not doing anything.

My mind works in a different way than most.

Classmates are jealous of my mad skillorz.

I know a crapload of crap,and I'm not afraid to use it in something potentially amusing.Like when I was thirteen someone burned a hair on a bunsen burner.

So I guess I am immature.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

What most said, depends on who and age. though i was fairly mature during my teens, never drank at all, never gave into peer presure, did "That" many dumb things.

That's not mature, that's boring. :(

iteme3721.jpg

Yeah,I was all "Shut up and let me pay attention" or "Shut up so I can hear my jazz" back in my preteens.Now I'm "Shut up so you can hear me" or "Shut up."

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Do you meant mature as in "developed"? Because yes, girls mature faster than boys, generally.

But, maturity/immaturity level as in how crazy they can become; it's different for everyone :P We're all immature in our own way. eg Guys tend to say more sexual innuendos which girls can find immature whereas girls gossip/go to bathrooms in groups (bet you've wondered why we do this...) which guys can find immature (?)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

whereas girls gossip/go to bathrooms in groups (bet you've wondered why we do this...) which guys can find immature (?)

Why do you do that? I've always wondered.

Guys go to the bathroom, do their stuff and then leave. No talking in there, especially no talking. It leads to bad things.

spacescenev24.jpg

Do you meant mature as in "developed"? Because yes, girls mature faster than boys, generally.

Damn, why would you steal my thoughts?

Maturity is a loose term that I don't think can ever be properly defined.

But I guess I hope I'm always immature in some ways. I'd hate to live life without the immature, ridiculous sense of humor I have now.

@Pryomancer: I'd always felt the same rule, no talking in the mens room. But since I've turned 18, I've met so many blokes at pubs and clubs while pissing. It's kind of weird, and I thought it wouldn't happen. But apparently, its OK. :P

untitled-1.png

whereas girls gossip/go to bathrooms in groups (bet you've wondered why we do this...) which guys can find immature (?)

Guys go to the bathroom, do their stuff and then leave. No talking in there, especially no talking. It leads to bad things.

:lol: Very secret things.... ¬_¬

I'm guessing the answer you'd like to hear is something dodgy, right? Well...

[hide=The Answer]Haha. I made you look in this box. You sick, twisted pervert. :twss:

Nobody is going to admit to opening this box, right?[/hide]

My lordie, I am unravelling the secret to a giant internet crowd: Generally gossiping about other people/peeing next to each other in cubicles/making sure makeup is applied properly/hair is perfect/make someone feel secure that we're not going to ditch them when they go to the bathroom. xD I wonder if anyone noticed this...

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You are more mature the more you help people. Think about it.

I don't know about that. Naive little kids are quick to trust and quick to try and help. They have the mentality of ">.< Must hlp peepulz nao!".

Whereas with the onset of maturity, there comes farsightedness. We become less trusting, and more aware of the ripples that we make with our deeds. We think about the long-term effects of things.

From my experiences, it seems that children focus more on direct consequences.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

:lol: Very secret things.... ¬_¬

I'm guessing the answer you'd like to hear is something dodgy, right? Well...

[hide=The Answer]Haha. I made you look in this box. You sick, twisted pervert. :twss:

Nobody is going to admit to opening this box, right?[/hide]

My lordie, I am unravelling the secret to a giant internet crowd: Generally gossiping about other people/peeing next to each other in cubicles/making sure makeup is applied properly/hair is perfect/make someone feel secure that we're not going to ditch them when they go to the bathroom. xD I wonder if anyone noticed this...

Nice one there, I know teh secretz nao!!!!

Nice one there, I know teh secretz nao!!!!

Why must you ruin things ;_;

ihu -throws a tantrum-

-pouts- WAHHHH! im tellin my mammy ;_; I'm taking the piss of immaturity.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

How do you measure maturity? How do you measure maturity on two genders, and then compare the maturity? How do you think either gender faces the same problems resulting in the same maturity about each problem, when everything is different? How do you measure maturity on genders, when both genders are different, and the personalities are different as well?

In my mind, maturity is a personal attribute you assign to someone else, based on a set of moral descriptions & attributes.

What everyone is doing now is just assigning whether or not one is more mature than the other, when even the scientific studies don't place a solid, and firm place in what maturity really is.

Statistically, girl mature quicker. The good thing about statistics: you get interesting information. The bad thing: it's generally useless in day-to-day life.

Maturity, to me, depends on a lot of factors. Not just gender, but also upbringing, genetics, surroundings, character and life events. My mother always claimed I was born old; I'm still wondering if it's really a compliment, but I do know that the stuff that happened to me as a child made me grow up a lot quicker than most of my peers.

Also, maturity and immaturity aren't always mutually exclusive. It's perfectly possible to be mature about a number of things and a completely immature [bleep] about others.

Edit: oh come on, I didn't use that strong a curse word... This makes me look immature, wah.

Hmm, I guess one way to judge maturity would be the ability to see outside of the current conditions(see the big picture)

girls do generally mature faster then boys, or maybe boys just have a greater tendency to act like idiots.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.