Would you rather have BTS or the DD or the SoP?

Drazhor

Prototype BTS:

We got a quest for you this month.

A team based minigame you'll play for a week

Another quest, but bigger and with a city that'll be abandoned in 2 weeks.

And some slayer monster that'll suck.

Happy April of '09

Just quit already, you're annoying.

I was being sarcastic. I meant though they could be a lot more vague about their BTS. The rest was mine. You must admit some of their stuff has been abandoned. *cough* Keldagrim *cough*

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prototype BTS:

We got a quest for you this month.

A team based minigame you'll play for a week

Another quest, but bigger and with a city that'll be abandoned in 2 weeks.

And some slayer monster that'll suck.

Happy April of '09

Just quit already, you're annoying.

I was being sarcastic. I meant though they could be a lot more vague about their BTS. The rest was mine. You must admit some of their stuff has been abandoned. *cough* Keldagrim *cough*

They used to be a bit vague in their BTS, that was fun. And yes, I can't deny that, although the Blast Furnance did pump some life in Keldagrim again, but not enough.

2j3qh46.jpg

If they have a Development Diary at least once a month, I'll like it better. Not exactly like I like the Development Diary itself better than Behind the Scenes, but the lack of BTS adds more surprise to the updates.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I was never a fan of the BTS or DD's.

1. Way too many people 'assumed' too much about updates. They assumed updates would do this or that based on 1 word jagex made (Robin's anybody?), people reading too much into everything jagex say is one of the main reasons for hundreds of rants after every update.

2. I much prefer a suprise update out of the blue that i know nothing about, over the past year or two the BTs have become ever more detailed, they may as well have just been putting up the Update's news post's with the BTS, it ruins the point.

3. People always whine when jagex don't say something in the BTS about an update they have been waiting for, much like Mobilising armies and fixes to other game content, Jagex can't do everything in one instant, at least without the BTS people don't get all worked up.

4. I'll mention people ranting because they assume things about an update again because it jsut got on my [bleep] so much in the last year, DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING ABOUT AN UPDATE THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AND CRY WHEN IT ISN'T TO YOUR TASTES!

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hard... D&Ds aren't very common, the dates they come out is pretty random, and they usually focus on one update, but! they are usually fairly detailed. On the other hand, BTS comes out every month (not anymore). They give you a brief summary of each update they plan to come out with. Only problem is, it's not very detailed.

I would personally prefer bts.

sotw7bar.png

If they started making DD's, I would like them more.

As common as DD's are now, I prefer BTS by a long shot.

Hope they can change my mind.

BTS > DD > Clan Chat

BTS gave us input to look forward to. It was set to a calendar based schedule, and made Jagex accountable for updates. Look back at the first 2 1/2 months of 09. If you retroactively wrote BTS for them, it would be HORRIBLE. This is the downfall of the development diary.

Development diaries are exciting, and give longer lead times for better updates, but also don't put Jagex on the clock. They have underperformed in 09 on new content, as the vast majority of what we've seen is simply a lot of promises and very little in the way of new stuff.

The clan chat update system is -deplorable-, just a terrible thing on many levels.

• [*:3s8q2xv6]It's so random and undocumented that you have no way to validate claims.[*:3s8q2xv6]It is -wildy- egotistical. You have to add the mod, and constantly check his chat. He's making himself into the Wizard of Freaking Oz. If you want to know what's going on, you have to be a card-carrying fanboy and follow him around. Awful[*:3s8q2xv6]It is unchecked, and grossly overspammed with tons of users. Horrific to read through.

The new regime appears to have spent much more time building their own personal popularity in game than actually developing the game itself.

stormveritas.png

I prefer DD's. I hate the anticipation of new updates, and I find having a short term deadline makes that worse than the vague deadlines offered by DD's. Besides, the diaries are far more interesting.

I loved BTS, reading all the silly little jokes and upcoming content. I understand that some players got "over-excited" about some hints and stuff but they really were a great way to start off the month. I don't mind DDs, but we need them to be more frequent. :thumbup:

We haven't had a DD yet (well, no DD since they quit BTS), so a bit early to judge. I never really liked the BTS though. I'd rather have massive updates come out of nowhere instead of Jagex hyping them up and then they turn out to be not as good as expected.

2dvjurb.png

Doesn't matter which one, as long as I get something.

Haha, thats true! And I'm upset as to how we didn't get anythign this month! Not even one thing about the upcoming 150th quest!

I love quests :geek:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Doesn't matter which one, as long as I get something.

Haha, thats true! And I'm upset as to how we didn't get anythign this month! Not even one thing about the upcoming 150th quest!

I love quests :geek:

Quest 150 isn't ready yet. Pay more attention to screenshots ;)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

We haven't had a DD yet (well, no DD since they quit BTS), so a bit early to judge. I never really liked the BTS though. I'd rather have massive updates come out of nowhere instead of Jagex hyping them up and then they turn out to be not as good as expected.
But the BTS did sometimes give massive updates without us knowing. Remember Construction? That BTS told us of a new update that would let us sit on chairs! It was vague, funny, and clever. And DDs can be used to overhype something FAR more than the BTS. Look at all the Summoning stuff for proof.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?