The NERFED Bandos Agility Course

niperwiper

Well, I'm glad I used the course when it was useful. Now there really is no reason for me to ever enter the bandos throne-room again. I suppose I can also deem the quest quite useless, especially for one to end a series and be the 150th quest. Ohh well.. it was worthwhile for a day.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

low xp? You dont get more than 60k xp per hour at ape atoll if the xp rates he tell are right.

Ape Atoll is like 40-45k xp an hour with perfect laps.

Ape Atoll has been clocked at 54.1k xp MAX per hour.

^ That's accurate and doable. I've had 52k/hr. I'll check this course out, even though I'm betting it blows.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Fun course, xp needed nerfed bad since it was tarnishing one of only two capes that are grueling to master (runecrafting being the other).

I mean come on you got the circus, ape atoll with the world 46 team, and the dorg powerstation to train effectively at.

I can remember running alone for 3 months straight at the ape atoll course to get 99.

My dream for agility since they won't just outright use it as a gatekeeper to rewarding areas would be to merge runecrafting and agility together on a course.

Have an altar (like ourania or soul) in the middle of the course and a npc at the ends who could unote your ess and send your runes to the bank.

rofl at dorg u can get 65k agility and at zmi u can get well over 30k rc xp an hour, fishing is same xp/h as dorg, slayer is slower than both, farming is slowest possible daily gain of any skill and quite expensive if you want any speed whatsoever, mining is around 65k xp an hour if ur good with graite making it same as agility, its just funny to say theres only 2 hard skills to master with one being close to 70k xp an hour

a_final_name.png

Fun course, xp needed nerfed bad since it was tarnishing one of only two capes that are grueling to master (runecrafting being the other).

I mean come on you got the circus, ape atoll with the world 46 team, and the dorg powerstation to train effectively at.

I can remember running alone for 3 months straight at the ape atoll course to get 99.

My dream for agility since they won't just outright use it as a gatekeeper to rewarding areas would be to merge runecrafting and agility together on a course.

Have an altar (like ourania or soul) in the middle of the course and a npc at the ends who could unote your ess and send your runes to the bank.

rofl at dorg u can get 65k agility and at zmi u can get well over 30k rc xp an hour, fishing is same xp/h as dorg, slayer is slower than both, farming is slowest possible daily gain of any skill and quite expensive if you want any speed whatsoever, mining is around 65k xp an hour if ur good with graite making it same as agility, its just funny to say theres only 2 hard skills to master with one being close to 70k xp an hour

I think he means skills that require more patience and endurance. However, if he did, he would also have to include most of the buyables and mining.

I think he means skills that require more patience and endurance. However, if he did, he would also have to include most of the buyables and mining.

You can get 12m farming exp a day you know.

It will cost you, but it's possible.

I was going to do this quest but when Enz told me they nerfed the course I won't bother with it yet. :(

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

I've done the course something like 50 times.

Failed about 5/6, and they all seem to be on the big statue witht he bowl?

I'm either lucky, or it's not nerfed for me ::'

Timed a lap, average time is 31.4 seconds, which is equal to 68k xp/hr! :shock:

(600/31.4) *60 *60 = 68789.8xp/hr

2v8sgvs.png

New exp/lap is about 380...

priest_wiz.png

I know Jagex ruins everything. :D

I know Jagex ruins everything. :D

#-o

2v8sgvs.png

Why did they have to nerf it? So what if it was potentially the best course? Can't there be a new, better way of training agility? They make new weapons, new items that make other skills easier to train, and then when we think we got a new method for agility... It turns out it was a mistake.

Tha's jus MEAN.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I don't understand it. Agility, as it stands, is one of the most annoying to train, most monotonous skills in the game. On top of that, the agility shortcuts alone are NOT enough to make training it past a certain level worth it. So why is it that agility can't have one decent update that at least gets it to that 60k exp an hour mark? I mean, at Ape Atoll, if you are CONSTANTLY paying attention and very closely and almost robotically clicking at the right times for an hour straight, you can make 55k exp an hour. Don't try to combat me on this one, it's true, I have tested, and I have achieved it several times. However, it's a lot of work, and a lot of concentration for a skill that, in the long run, is now useless.

Terrorbirds and Ants have made it so that run energy regeneration is now almost obsolete. With one scroll use, which takes up 1 inventory space and can be stacked, I can regenerate 42% energy. Also, you've got the potions.

So my point being, Agility has very, VERY limited uses. Namely, among these, are the shortcuts. Other than that, good luck other than total level finding a reason to train it beyond maybe level 85.

So with that being said, why not give us a better course to get experience in? I mean, was 60k exp an hour REALLY that bad? I don't think it is considering I can get 360k prayer, 300k+ cooking or fletching, 80k+ melee, 150k+ magic, 300k+ ranged, etc etc exp an hour with methods. I mean, agility has stood one of those hard to train skills for a while, which is great. But it's only hard to train due to the monotony of it and the lower exp gain. Why not put more interest into the skill by increasing the possible exp rate per hour slightly? I think 60, even 65k exp an hour wouldn't be much to ask for.

Bad call, Jagex. This quest and update, on the whole, has made me realize that no matter how much I stand by Jagex and try to understand that they are trying hard, that I am paying money for this, and so are others, and the majority of Runescape at the current moment is not very pleased with what we have been given.

I feel like there's a lot of TALKING of updates and a better year for Runescape, and not so much DOING.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Tha's jus MEAN.

Welcome to Runescape: The Meanest Game on the Net
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This is so stupid. 60k/hr is not much to ask for. Maybe they wanted to keep it hard to keep the 2000 people or so that had it at 99? Yeah, good call. -_-

More importantly, agility courses that aren't better than Ape Atoll / Dorgesh mines are USELESS unless they're accessible and useful before level 65 or so. How did Jagex not learn from the COMPLETELY ABANDONED NEVER USED PENGUIN COURSE?

Has anyone ever seen a soul there? How about at the Werewolf course? Wildy is worse than it was back in PKing times, as Revenants are much more annoying.

Agility is in dire shape; it's been down since summoning came out and really needs a booster shot.

stormveritas.png

no1 seemed to mention ape atoll monkey things you used to chin i mean they *were* nerfed for a lil while i remember people whinging and complaing cause they lost hundreds upon thousands of money banking 99 range in chins but then they were fixed agen in like a week or 2 so meh

kind of quest related to mm

ascensionbysteelsamurai.png

Ascension FA manager

This is so stupid. 60k/hr is not much to ask for. Maybe they wanted to keep it hard to keep the 2000 people or so that had it at 99? Yeah, good call. -_-

More importantly, agility courses that aren't better than Ape Atoll / Dorgesh mines are USELESS unless they're accessible and useful before level 65 or so. How did Jagex not learn from the COMPLETELY ABANDONED NEVER USED PENGUIN COURSE?

Has anyone ever seen a soul there? How about at the Werewolf course? Wildy is worse than it was back in PKing times, as Revenants are much more annoying.

Agility is in dire shape; it's been down since summoning came out and really needs a booster shot.

i like the wild course. even though at 70 it's only ~45k-50k while ape is ~60k it is hotspot for pvp which depending on luck can make you a lot of money(and brawlers <3: )

Y_Z.png

I stopped training agility a while back after I got it's requirements/reccomendations for quests. The only reason I levelled to 65 was from quest rewards and a tiny bit of training out of boredom. Really the only worthwhile way to train agil is wildy course+ agil brawlers. But honestly, 60khp/hr? Agility isn't even worthwhile to train anymore unless you really use taverley dungeon frequently and need the high-level obstacles. A great skill to have for a bit faster run regeneration, but far from being worth training. Several agility courses are deserted because the xp is just not worthwhile.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I stopped training agility a while back after I got it's requirements/reccomendations for quests. The only reason I levelled to 65 was from quest rewards and a tiny bit of training out of boredom. Really the only worthwhile way to train agil is wildy course+ agil brawlers. But honestly, 60khp/hr? Agility isn't even worthwhile to train anymore unless you really use taverley dungeon frequently and need the high-level obstacles. A great skill to have for a bit faster run regeneration, but far from being worth training. Several agility courses are deserted because the xp is just not worthwhile.

And don't forget that we now have Spirit Terrorbirds.

priest_wiz.png

And don't forget that we now have Spirit Terrorbirds.

which you cant use in ape.. dont know about wildy ...

]Gonalo40.png

Terrorbirds and Ants have made it so that run energy regeneration is now almost obsolete. With one scroll use, which takes up 1 inventory space and can be stacked, I can regenerate 42% energy. Also, you've got the potions.

Spirit Terrorbird scrolls restore more energy if you have a higher agility level :).

Stated, it's FLOOR((Agility level)/2), or your agility level divided by 2, rounded down.

So while someone with 60 agility will get 30 energy per scroll, someone with 99 agility will get 49 energy per scroll. This is an added benefit of having a higher level agility, and makes training it worthwhile (well, maybe not to level 99, but to a higher level anyway).

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png