Pray-X....GF Prayer Cape

rhupajiva

Yeah, if you want to totally murder your wrists.

Come on man. I just got 99 mage with an afkable method that was only 100k/hr and it didn't take me that long at all. 240k/hr without paying attention is godly; no pun intended :lol:

Exactly. Getting 99 pray is still incredibly easy.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite pleased I already had 99 banked.

Since the update I am getting 240k+ xp/hour, without paying much attention, and using a tort.

And before the update you could be getting 450k + exp per hour..

I have always heard that mousekey methods made prayer training a lot faster - however, I never delved into that "mystery" and I have never been the kind of person who likes to concentrate fully on one thing for a long period of time (when training Cons without SC hammers I tend to only get 200k/hour rather than the more than possible 250k+), so If I can get over 200k/hour without having to do much whatsoever, I am not going to complain. But I can see why some people might.

Lanthode.png

Come on man. I just got 99 mage with an afkable method that was only 100k/hr and it didn't take me that long at all. 240k/hr without paying attention is godly; no pun intended :lol:

I got 99 prayer the umm.. old way.. and my wrists were fine. Some people that also have 99 didn't have any bother. Prayer's dumbed down, now. Afk skills are stupid. I'm rather dissapointed, as it has ruined things in a way. You go to an altar and you see everyone saying how great it is, give them a few hours and they'll find their getting a lot less exp now than before.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I tested it with normal bones (those are still buyable :/), and did a full run of 42 bones with tort in 142 seconds. You can do that around 25 times an hour, which is 265k xp/hour. That's not bad in my opinion, and I never really bothered to use mousekeys so I bet it's even faster than without pray x for me.

Now I just have to hope bones don't stay at like 2500ea after their initial price rise, or my 90 pray will be a whole lot more expensive :|

2dvjurb.png

I got 99 prayer the umm.. old way.. and my wrists were fine. Some people that also have 99 didn't have any bother. Prayer's dumbed down, now. Afk skills are stupid. I'm rather dissapointed, as it has ruined things in a way. You go to an altar and you see everyone saying how great it is, give them a few hours and they'll find their getting a lot less exp now than before.

One reason I take such a relaxed approach with training is because I have had issues with CTS in the past, even though I have a good mouse and cushioned mousemat. Im sure Jagex is at least partly implementing this semi afk method into a lot of skills in an attempt to cut down on the number of complaints from people/peoples parents about the game being a potential health hazard (as stupid as it sounds)

Lanthode.png

Yeah, if you want to totally murder your wrists

There are people who don't have wrist pains. I barely move my mouse cause of high sensity. I know a few people can't stand prayer or firemaking the way I mentioned in my guide. But there also people who don't care about many clicks or mouse movements. They do care more on high exp per hour.

I think Zarfot is very pleased he got 200m pray before this update.

[404] Signature not found.

One reason I take such a relaxed approach with training is because I have had issues with CTS in the past, even though I have a good mouse and cushioned mousemat. Im sure Jagex is at least partly implementing this semi afk method into a lot of skills in an attempt to cut down on the number of complaints from people/peoples parents about the game being a potential health hazard (as stupid as it sounds)

If it's a health hazard for one to play an Online game, they shouldn't be playing it. Simple as that, and complaining about their child, (who obviously plays to much if it's come to this), to Jagex is just complete stupidity.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

And thus removing the whole point behind training a boring skill. It's like auto-completing an agility course.

No, because you still need to buy the bones, bring them to your altar, light the burners and reload. The clicking frenzy just had no point, next to destroying your wrists. It costs more time now, you're just saving your joints.

Elaborate on the "why" please. I don't see what's wrong with it. It isn't faster, it just removes the clicking frenzy.

Of course you dont see whats wrong with it, you got 99 already.

That's a load of crap. Please keep your arguments to yourself.

My joints are pleased. I have a lot of prayer levels to get still.

35b9enp.jpg

If it's a health hazard for one to play an Online game, they shouldn't be playing it. Simple as that, and complaining about their child, (who obviously plays to much if it's come to this), to Jagex is just complete stupidity.

It seems you don't know a lot about CTS. It is not so much about the time spent performing the action (referring to your statement "who obviously plays too much if it's come to this"), but more so down to the persons posture and mousemat, and the height of their desk chair in relation to the desk. And anyway, why should a parent complaining about their childs health be "stupidity." You confuse me.

Lanthode.png

is ectofungus now faster exp? it is 50% more but i think the trips take a bit longer:/

Well someone earlier said it took 142 seconds per trip with a tortoise to do 42 at an altar...so that's 1050 per hour roughly.

If you can do 918 per hour ecto-ing you are in (not to mention saving over 275k gp per hour).

How many can be done an hour ectoing? Anyone know?

chris_924.png

is ectofungus now faster exp? it is 50% more but i think the trips take a bit longer:/

Well someone earlier said it took 142 seconds per trip with a tortoise to do 42 at an altar...so that's 1050 per hour roughly.

If you can do 918 per hour ecto-ing you are in (not to mention saving over 275k gp per hour).

How many can be done an hour ectoing? Anyone know?

Way less, you gotta fill the buckets, grind the bones and offer them. Altar is still vastly superior.

2dvjurb.png

if u guys want fast d bones, go kill green drags. not that hard really rofl

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

yea i know, but alot of u guys are complaining about getting bones so i just threw that out there. can understand what the prayer-X option is about, but i haven't tested it yet to see how good it is.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

yea i know, but alot of u guys are complaining about getting bones so i just threw that out there. can understand what the prayer-X option is about, but i haven't tested it yet to see how good it is.

It hasn't been released, they're simply saying this....

If they add Prayer-X it will take away the "wow!" from seeing someone with a Prayer cape.

^^ I agree with what they're saying.

Whats all this about "pray x?" I'm guessing that they snuck that in with the other updates today? meh whatever I guess I'll go read the bug fix list...

EDIT: Wellt hat's interesting...offer x, eh? and whats all this about darts? Seems strange of them to get rid of gnomecopters liek that...maybe they'll be adding something new to that area, eh?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I don't get what the problem is.

What would any rational, healthy person choose - faster EXP rates and the risk of carpal tunnel, or slower EXP rates and a (substantially) reduced risk of carpal tunnel?

You have to realize that carpal tunnel is serious business. No one's ever happy if someone gets carpal tunnel over a video game. If you're upset that this now made Prayer tons easier to level, please, explain to me how much easier it is to afford the bones needed for 99 prayer to begin with.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.