What do you think will happen to us?

Da_Latios

When the population of Earth goes beyond the resources available to sustain civilization...

Will there be mass genocide? Will there be a halt in human reproduction?

I believe this is something we should be looking into quite carefully.

Discuss ideas and so on.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of us will be dead by then. Thus I am sorry to say that I am not really interested.

They'll just start cloning people who don't require sustenence to replace the dead 'uns.

When there are too many people, of course a little... culling is needed.

By then wouldnt we have made the world into a whole 5 story city thing?

Like houses built over houses built over houses and etcetera?

EDIT: Oh god I suck at explaining stuff.

Wouldnt (by then), places like America, Australia, England etc have a normal land but an elevated land made from like concrete and stuff?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The rich will be getting their Virgin Galactic to live on Mars or wherever and the people in lesser economically developed countries and the working class & people in poverty in places like UK & USA are all going to be stuck in a massive world war where familes fight for food and things basically dissolve into anarchy.

Money is useless if there's nothing to buy.

People will also finally see that homosexual couples not producing children might not be so bad after all, hopefully.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Some form of chaos is likely, but it really all boils down to energy I think. We can build upwards if we run out of room, and grow food and such, but unless we find renewble power sources the [cabbage]'s going to hit the fan big time.

But I may be wrong, and it could be a population issue. That's why the best thing you can do to help Earth is to go on a series of random killings.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Wouldnt (by then), places like America, Australia, England etc have a normal land but an elevated land made from like concrete and stuff?

well, there would either be huuuuge basements, or no, that wouldn't happen, also the agricultural land wouldn't be taken up.

and when you build up, something somewhere goes down, or gets smaller(mountains)

It's called an ecumenopolis.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Either we will have colonized other planets by then or there will have to be regulations on how many kids you can have.

e.g. The law says you can only have one child, but you CAN have two except the government will not do anything to help the 2nd+ child nor will it sympathize with families who have more than one children. Oh, there would be a world government by then, so that law would apply everywhere

hiccup.png

A new disease will come and the gov't would have nothing to do with it. :roll:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon

If you believe there's nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool

It'll be a while. There'll be a rush for moon, Mars, Europa and whatnot colonization. We'll build orbital cities. Floating cities. Urban sprawls. Most of Canada is uninhabited. Seriously not that hard of a problem to consider, we have science fiction bros and broettes. And science fiction is loosely based on science.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Still plenty of undeveloped land. Most of Canada, Siberia, and Australia.

Not physical room. He is speaking of a Malthusian Crisis, when there are too many people than the planet can feed assuming all arable land is utilized to its fullest potential.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Hmm i so geography A level and we wont run out of resources for another 100 or so years as they have found loads of oil and gas somewhere

so we aint got noffin to worry about really we'll be long dead and we probably would of came up wiv new technology so we can live without non renewable sources, or unless the world surcomes to renewable sources of energy which i highly doubt lol

All the thing to do with global warming and that [cabbage] is bollocks as even without us pollutin the atmosphere the world is heating up on its own we're jst basically helping it in the process

:D :D :D :D :D :D

xxamzyxx.png

952a0f472b.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

NASA's prediction for a moon colony is very far off, as is the Mars mission. We won't be living on other planets for a while.

This problem is why I don't like the emphasis that is put on life in western culture. I don't think more people should die, or want to kill people, but when I hear of people fighting so hard for a cause to save a few lives, it just annoys me. They are fighting for 1. Their own happiness, as helping others feel better makes you feel better, and 2. Other people's happiness, while in the long run, they are making the problem of overpopulation worse. I hate to quote Star Trek (just kidding, I love to), but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

snowsigyy7.png

Exactly. And the needs of the future outweigh the needs of the present. If (hypotheticaly), in order to prevent a total collapse of society and possible extinction, we had to cull 3/4 of our population and impose a one-child-per-family law with forced terminations for those who break it, it would be justifiable.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

No idea. The best possible scenario would be that we would have colonised another planet/moon before agriculture and resources hit critical. If we can work out how to control our climate more directly and intentionally, it might be possible to make land which previously would have been impossible to farm into fertile land.

Ideally, we will run entirely on Hydrogen Cells produced from electrolysis of water, and get the electricity required from nuclear power or renewable resources like wind, hydro- and solar. At the moment, this is our best bet in terms of industry, transport and climate.

However, if population controls are required before interplanetary colonisation is possible, expect a one child per family law.

~ W ~

sigzi.png