Welcome F2P! (To the forums)

Amundogus2

From the Recent Updates forums in the RSOF:

Mod Paul M

Jagex Mod

08-Apr-2009 15:59:18

Hello F2P,

Im sure that over the years, many of you have read threads on the forums that youd love to respond to but frustratingly enough, youve not been able to due to not having paid for extra content. You guys make up a large percentage of our great community though and so of course, wed love to know what you have to say too.

Thats why from today, were giving you, the free to play community, a voice in the forums by inviting several thousand of you to post your thoughts, your feedback and your suggestions.

If youre one of those players who can now post, its because youve put a lot of time into RuneScape and clearly have an account with a very respectable level, achieving 12.5million XP tells us that youve totally earned your place on the forums.

If youre still seeing the you cant post message, dont panic! At some point in the not too distant future, well be inviting more of you to post. If you cant wait that long, you know what to do, hit 12.5million XP and then jump in to boast about your achievement!

Were really pleased to have you along and look forward to hearing what you have to say. All we ask is that before you get all creative, you read the forum code of conduct and any rules that are forum specific.

You are of course welcome to post anywhere on the forums but here seems like a pretty good place to start so why not introduce yourself to the forum community right now?

Now pull up a kitten, make yourself comfortable and tell us something awesome.

Welcome!

Paul M

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12.5m xp isn't even equal to one 99. They really need to rethink their version of high levels. F2P has been getting far too many updates recently. As a member with sufficient xp, shouldn't I be reimbursed a few cense every month since I shouldn't have to pay to use the forums now?

quit

12.5m xp isn't even equal to one 99. They really need to rethink their version of high levels. F2P has been getting far too many updates recently. As a member with sufficient xp, shouldn't I be reimbursed a few cense every month since I shouldn't have to pay to use the forums now?

What updates? :shock:

Just because we pay it doesn't mean that we're any--- wait I'm not even arguing this. Trust me, at the end of this post I make a point.

inb4 f2p vs p2p war

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Wow, I've browsed through the topics announcing this and there seem to be a lot of angry people out there... haha :P. At least I'm happy, now I can post there \'.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

This is great news. To begin with, it keeps mass spammers (those that can create throwaway accounts) out, and it introduces truly high level F2P players to the forums. I see this as a step in the right direction.

[i'd also like to keep the flame war out of here...it just doesn't belong.]

Wow, I've browsed through the topics announcing this and there seem to be a lot of angry people out there... haha :P. At least I'm happy, now I can post there \'.

They're angry because they think they pay for the forums, but they don't normally use them anyway. Besides, and I'm really ballparking this, the TCO of a customized forum (including maintenance, upkeep, servers, and initial programmers) probably only cost them about $90,000...Think about that number in comparison to the $5M/month income they take.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What updates? :shock:

Just because we pay it doesn't mean that we're any--- wait I'm not even arguing this. Trust me, at the end of this post I make a point.

inb4 f2p vs p2p war

There should be a rule against that.

So far, I have seen alot of positive welcomes from members and Moderators on RSOF. They really make me feel welcome there. I hope we (F2P and P2P) can change some the ignorant peoples opinions about F2P.

The only person who needs to rethink is you. And they have reimbursed you, you're muted by the looks of it (your rsn).

Forums are a membership benefit!

Were not taking anything away from our members; were providing an extra benefit to a certain number of free players. Our aim in all of this is not to devalue membership but to enhance the forum community. Membership still holds a huge number of benefits that F2P dont get such as extra quests, extra skills, player-owned houses, a vastly increased world to explore, full screen mode and so on.

It's amazing how five dollars can change someone's personality so much. Elitist members are what ruined the forums long before f2p'ers came in.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Hi All

Free to play player can from today post on jagex's Offical Runescape forums.

Viva F2P Viva

I think this is a historic event and will be remembered for a long time, nice one jagex kudos for a job well done now all we are waiting for is the F2P skill.

Ps: I am exited for a lot of my free to play friends

Pss: If u are F2P and Are planing to use the Orsf please don't abuse it, it can be taken away faster than it was given

Being a f2p player, I see this is pretty useless. I mean who really needs the p2p forums when you have TIF <3:

I guess you can make the reqs high so that it won't be cluttered with level 3s asking for free gp pl0x, but i like how the members r celebrating at how "mature" it will be

personally level doesnt make one mature, but that's beside the point. The RSOF is already filled with little, immature 8 yr olds. only difference is that their parents had bought them membership to the game.

Wait.. what? Compfreak hasn't flamed/posted yet?

Something is wrong with the world.

OT: Great. I've had a suggestion for awhile now and I can finally post it - I'm glad I got 13M Hunter Exp before losing membership <3:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

12.5m is a joke, seriously you don't even have to put in 3m in firemaking to reach that level it would be far better with like 50m+ xp or atleast 30m+

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

I'm going to go ahead and assume the first couple days will be all friendly f2pers. Once they settle in they will become roaches and infest the forums like every other 12 yr old that spams it up. Sure am glad I post here more often than RSOF.

xxteargodxx.png

The only person who needs to rethink is you. And they have reimbursed you, you're muted by the looks of it (your rsn).

Forums are a membership benefit!

Were not taking anything away from our members; were providing an extra benefit to a certain number of free players. Our aim in all of this is not to devalue membership but to enhance the forum community. Membership still holds a huge number of benefits that F2P dont get such as extra quests, extra skills, player-owned houses, a vastly increased world to explore, full screen mode and so on.

It's amazing how five dollars can change someone's personality so much. Elitist members are what ruined the forums long before f2p'ers came in.

Amen.

Yay, maybe I'll actually be able to get my hands on a phat now.

Fantastic - Never thought the day would come in which I was allowed to post in the Runescape Official Forums. :lol:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I thought there was enough spam on the forums already :lol:

But to be honest, the main reason why i got members a couple of years ago was to use the forums. The marketing benefits were really good and it was easy to make money. Tipit owns all now....

Having f2p on the RSOF is even more of a deterrant for me now as i know i'll just be stuck in the middle of thousands upon thousands of 9 year old kids asking for teh wildies back.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!