Next week Dutch, Portugese and Finnish RS forums!

deyan2

Yes you hear it right, next week there will most likely come new forums in other languages on RS.

Discuss your opinion about it, will it split up community's, is it just to help new players or... ?

Exact details about the update I don't know yet, I think it will just be a small forumpart in the allready existing forums.

Btw it will be a hard task for mod Aiko I think, there's only one J-mod that can speak Dutch (as far as I know) and I guess about 15% of the RS-players can speak Dutch...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why they would make one for Portugal but not Spain, but w/e I'm sure this will be much appreciated.

Not sure why they would make one for Portugal but not Spain, but w/e I'm sure this will be much appreciated.

It's not for Portugal, it's for Brazil.

And woo, I'm finnish. I am now forever happy. :|

Uula.png

Makes sense, still though, more people speak Spanish than Portuguese.

That doesn't mean there are more Spanish speaking people on Runescape.

There are twice as many people who speak German than people who speak Dutch, Finnish, Swedish and Danish in total, yet it's not an especially common language heard on RS while the other four I named you see every day.

Uula.png

That doesn't mean there are more Spanish speaking people on Runescape.

There are twice as many people who speak German than people who speak Dutch, Finnish, Swedish and Danish in total, yet it's not an especially common language heard on RS while the other four I named you see every day.

Right you are, point taken.

Its nice that jagex translate the game into different languages so more people can have fun playing it. But why dont jagex make a norwegian one too? :pray: Hmm not going to happen :wall:

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Dutchies ftw :P

It's a nice thing, but I think most of the Dutch forums will be filled with underaged kids asking questions about everything. Most of the people who play RuneScape in my area are like... 10 or something :?.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I think I speak for all dutchies when I say:

Ach wat, we zijn toch meertalig... beter dan de rest van dat gajes :P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think I speak for all dutchies when I say:

Ach wat, we zijn toch meertalig... beter dan de rest van dat gajes :P

Haha, goed punt.

Anyway, to stop talking in Dutch, I don't know about the Finnish and Portuguese, so I won't comment on that, but what the rest has said is true, the Dutch population of the game is really close to [developmentally delayed]ed. I hate playing on Dutch world for that one reason. That and that most Dutch swearing goes through the filter. So yeah, I probably won't use them, I'll stick to the English part before the average IQ on RSOF becomes negative.

That, Sir, is because we have a seperated German server on wich all these people are located, that is why you don't hear it a lot ;)

[Dutch_mode] Hoera, nederlandstalige fora, laat die dt-fouten maar komen :D [/Dutch_Mode]

That, Sir, is because we have a seperated German server on wich all these people are located, that is why you don't hear it a lot ;)

[Dutch_mode] Hoera, nederlandstalige fora, laat die dt-fouten maar komen :D [/Dutch_Mode]

And they have what, 3? 4? underpopulated servers, where most people only speak english anyway. I never saw German ingame before the servers, and the reason they were made was to reach the German audience who wasn't playing RS at the time. Same thing with the French version. They're not made for existing players who evidently don't need their own language servers, but for potential new players who will start playing because there is a French/German option. And I guess Spanish isn't the largest "gaming-language", although it has many speakers.

Uula.png