RS is the worst piece of crap to be the greatest thing ever.

Dizzle229

As a F2Per, I actually found the "repetitive, grinding" parts of the game really fun.

What got me into this game is the hiscores. Some of my friends play RuneScape, and I wanted to get much higher stats than them.

So I decided to skill like mad, and eventually I found the fun side of it.

Really, RuneScape isn't that grinding. Try 100%'ing games like Pokemon, and you'll discover the TRUE side of grinding.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those days of "boring" training as a noob were the best days of RuneScape.

Agreed. That was when all my irl friend still played, and we had so much fun. Especially when making like three or four new accounts every week :lol:

Edit:

Except do all the things you've wanted to do since you started.

Then in a few years RS shuts down, and THEN what you described happens.

And Master, if these are the best times of RS, then this really is a bad game.

You will not understand what he says till you're that level yourself. No offence, it's just the way it is ::'

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

That's what minigames are for.

Why not just try another MMORPG, or just even take a little break from it, at the end of the day, yes, everything eventually becomes a chore, but that's just how it goes. :wall:

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Agreed aswell. Ignorance is bliss - training back then was fun because there was so much variety. Now if I train using a method that isn't the best way there's a small voice in the back of my head saying "wtf go do this the quick way".

There is no game suited for everyone though. If RuneScape isn't for you then leave it - you shouldn't play a game if you don't enjoy it. When you get to the higher up levels, the grinding doesn't even get all that better. Sure, you can do it killing a big ogre in a massive dungeon, or in a crypt killing pink ghosts, but in the end it's all the same.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

True, true....

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Not the first nor am I the last to agree with this statement.

Back then it was so much more enjoyable. I'd get a "You are now able to fish Lobsters" message and I'd be the happiest person on Earth. Also, the joys of standing in a General Store with many others happily anticipating items that were being sold.. is long gone.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Not just runescape, not just mmorpg's, but rpg's in general: you're going to have to do boring stuffs to get good.

If you don't like training, don't do it. Believe it or not, runescape is supposed to be fun.

You're describing all RPG's. If you think Runescape is bad, you haven't played Final Fantasy XI, where the hardest bosses take upwards of 20 hours to kill. That's 20 hours of continuous mmo gameplay. That's with a group, by the way.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sure, you can do it killing a big ogre in a massive dungeon,

He's an ourg

OT:

Maybe i don't qualify as "high" level, but really? Gwd and barrows get old after a bit. When I'm bored I'll go play a minigame, like castle wars(best one ever), or Stealing creation. And if those don't appeal, and training doesn't appeal, I don't know what you can do... Maybe play another game for a bit.

What.

Hey, I've got a good idea - why not petition Jagex to give us all 99s when we create an account that way we can all do anything we want when we start and we will not have people whining because they have to "work" to make their character good.

Hey, I've got a good idea - why not petition Jagex to give us all 99s when we create an account that way we can all do anything we want when we start and we will not have people whining because they have to "work" to make their character good.

Way to not read the thread.

If you don't like training, don't do it. Believe it or not, runescape is supposed to be fun.

That's what I've been saying this whole time, but there isn't much fun to be had. All of those minigames require high skills to be good at, mainly the PvP ones.

And how is that? It's boring and you know it. Looking back at a lower level is like looking back at an earlier grade. You think about how you wish you could go back because now it would be so easy for you. But when you were in that grade, you always hated it.

Edit: Does anyone know a decent TIF populated clan chat? It would probably ease the grinding a bit.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

And how is that? It's boring and you know it.

No, actually I have very fond memories of my early training days.

Mostly because back in the day, things were not about efficiency, but were about having fun.

I remember spending hours using fire bolt and bronze arrows at Al-Kaharid scorpions with my friend talking and training. And many hours at zombies trying to catch up to his combat.

Its only bland if you make it bland, you just have to find ways to enjoy yourself and don't grind to the max.

dawnsigblue-3.png

And how is that? It's boring and you know it. Looking back at a lower level is like looking back at an earlier grade. You think about how you wish you could go back because now it would be so easy for you. But when you were in that grade, you always hated it.

No. I enjoyed those days. All my real life friends still played, and we had lots of fun with each other. Especially pking was fun, because it was low level pking and I was with my friends. God, that was so awesome. Now RS is just a grind, I'm glad I have quit.

2j3qh46.jpg

I think nostalgia plays a huge role in what Latios said about the early days being the best. Our crazy minds want to remember the good memories-- getting our first mil, getting our first "good" drop, and such-- much more than the more frustrating or bad ones. We think of the past times as a time of innocence rather than just a previous time where we couldn't achieve our goals yet. I know that, at least for me, the best time in Runescape is the present, and better times will certainly come in the future.

lalalasig2.png

Strange, I never really got bored when training, except maybe this one time training on Hill Giants a while ago. RuneScape is infact, I would argue, more fun at lower levels.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

The secret to getting high levels in runescape is finding something you can do while you train boring skills that will keep you from going insane. Watch tv online or something while your train. Or better yet, so some homework or read a textbook. you will get high levels and straight As in notime.

All the high level players have a distraction from the monotony of the runescape grind. Did you really think we are actually paying attention the whole time?

Fools_Taco.png

The secret to getting high levels in runescape is finding something you can do while you train boring skills that will keep you from going insane. Watch tv online or something while your train. Or better yet, so some homework or read a textbook. you will get high levels and straight As in notime.

All the high level players have a distraction from the monotony of the runescape grind. Did you really think we are actually paying attention the whole time?

But how do you AFK? I've tried watching some AVGN while mining pure ess, which was slightly successful, but you can't truly do that, because in about 5-20 seconds you need to go back to check on your guy.

How do you do it?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I know what you mean. Grinding is in all MMOs and it isn't fun. Though the leveling process usually isn't grinding, in RuneScape it is. Leveling should be an enjoyable process...which it is at the lower levels. Less exp, levels are closer together, able to do new things sooner, etc. Though after lvl 50ish it gets into a grind. Hours upon hours doing the same thing over for a stat...and that is what kills RuneScape. The grind.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You could always just quit.

or

Find a small challenge or do the most randomness thing ever and most of these random thing usually need no skills! Like me I once timed myself to see how long it would take for me to run from the Mage Arena all the way to Castle Wars without pots, or terrorbird. Lemme check my record. 0:21:42:31

wow 21mins :mrgreen:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg