No Hugging, No touching? WTF?!

snowball

Why don't people understand that the main motif behind the whole 'no touching' policy was due to people being kicked in groin and touched in inappropriate areas? That's what it sounds like anyways from the 2nd article.

It's just a coincidence that OP added a giant article about hugging being a friendly gesture before the article about no touching/hugging/horseplay; I highly doubt that the policy was introduced because of people hugging.

Maybe the principal banning every kind of contact was a way of saying "Since you've all been [bleep]s and touched each other's parts and kicked them too, I'm going to restrict you of any contact harhar."

But yeah, don't think main reason why policy was introduced was because people were hugging, which is why it was listed 4th on the list of banned things.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol @ the people hugging like they haven't seen each all summer, but anyways.

Yes, hugging is a form greeting and mostly girls do it.

I for one welcome females hugging me.

This is the reason for Aid and HIV and Hepatitis and Swine Flu.

For real? I wasn't aware hugging led to unprotected sex/people not getting tested and people usually don't hug while they are sick btw. :roll:

Lmao, this is only possible in America.

In Germany they're not allowed to show a swastika in games or movies. Every country has dumb rules. Hell, this one isn't even a law, it's just a few schools.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lmao, this is only possible in America.

In Germany they're not allowed to show a swastika in games or movies. Every country has dumb rules. Hell, this one isn't even a law, it's just a few schools.

A swastika is not quite the same as a hug. But yes, these things are a touchy subject in germany. Though when it comes to sex and everything that could possibly related to sex, america is extremely prude. Hug rules? Not possible here.

Things like this aren't exactly new. My cousin Cathy's middle school had a rule against hugging.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

There's been some pretty screwed up policies implemented in American schools recently, no Dodgeball in some, allowing idiots and cheaters the chance to resit exams and hand in late assignments etc. But this one........well this one just takes the prize.

Wasn't that Canada?

Actually it was implemented here in some American schools as well, at least one of those schools are in my state.

On topic, I never really saw this stuff when I was in high school. Then again, I went to a fairly large school, and you only had a maximum of 4 minutes to get from one class to another, and the classes were sometimes on the opposite ends of the school. So people were more interested in getting to their classes on time than talking to each other.

The no touching at all thing is a little stupid. But obviously the school board isn't even listening to the parental outcry on this one, nevermind listening to what the students think.

Canada is America too. :(

Isn't the patrol between Canada and USA tighter now?

This is the reason for Aid and HIV and Hepatitis and Swine Flu.

For real? I wasn't aware hugging led to unprotected sex/people not getting tested and people usually don't hug while they are sick btw. :roll:

I was being sarcastic ;-;

*Hugs Latinoking*

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I think it's something to do witht he free hugs campaign. Started a lot of people in schools to start up unnofficial free hug days here. Probably spread from that..

That said, I really need a hug :(

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Banning hugging, I'm okay with. I haven't had a hug in uh... actually I can't even remember. What I can't stand is banning touching though. It's like telling people to just shut up through the day. IMO the students should just carry on as usual, after all, the principal of the school can't expel or deal with everyone in the school. Too much work for the teachers, as if they don't already have enough to deal with.

For example, my principal forbade guys to come into an arm's length of a girl, and vice versa because apparently "love" is hindering our studies. So what did we do? Nothing. What did the teachers do? Nothing.

Girls embracing girls, girls embracing boys, boys embracing each other the hug has become the favorite social greeting when teenagers meet or part these days.

Alright, alright. I don't see a problem. Pretty normal stuff, really.

Wait a tic......

...boys embracing each other...

Errrrr.....that's a little weird....

I think it's something to do witht he free hugs campaign. Started a lot of people in schools to start up unnofficial free hug days here. Probably spread from that..

That said, I really need a hug :(

We have random 'Hug-an-asian' or 'Hug-a-ginga' days. :?

Basically someone goes HUG AN ASIAN DAY and attacks me

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Girls embracing girls, girls embracing boys, boys embracing each other the hug has become the favorite social greeting when teenagers meet or part these days.

Alright, alright. I don't see a problem. Pretty normal stuff, really.

Wait a tic......

...boys embracing each other...

Errrrr.....that's a little weird....

It only is if you're insecure in your sexuality.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

It's [bleep] ridiculous how much people hug. My school isn't as bad for hugging as it used to be, the junior campus is awful though. It really does clog up hallways, and it's a pain in the [wagon] to see people hugging, it's really like, nasty, and too personal, and aids.

Heh, when you're me and you catch a couple going at it in the school bathrooms, something's F'd up, and hugs become the last thing to worry about. Besides, hugs are like medicine. ::'

Instead of hugging, there's people making out left and right at mine. :? When teachers walk by, they don't do anything. I suppose that's fair.

j0xPu5R.png

Hugs are good. They always make me feel better. Banning serious PDA I can see, but even just a quick kiss is fine. I personally don't care if I see two people making out, but I can understand people being tentative about that.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I love hugs, though I don't usually give or get any because I know a lot of people are uncomfortable being touched. Banning contact altogether is most definitely the product of someone who hates being touched. I'm just glad that both me and my girlfriend love hugs so I get plenty of them when I'm around her as well as some of my other friends whom I know enjoy hugs.

Flyingjj.png

Canada is America too. :(

Isn't the patrol between Canada and USA tighter now?

Canada is in North America, which means it could be considered "America". America is commonly used to shorten United States of America though and not usually used to describe any other country. However, when mentioning the "Americas" it usually is referring to all of the American countries (every country on the North American and South American continents, not really sure about the Caribbean area).

And who wants to be kicked in the 'groin area'?

This guy. (#6)

I see no problem with hugging in schools. I also see no problem with a school banning physical contact, including hugging. School is for learning, not for hanging out with your friends.

One last thing: NO TOUCHING!

144266584_9e261ed017.jpg?v=0

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I also see no problem with a school banning physical contact, including hugging. School is for learning, not for hanging out with your friends.

Just because it's not the reason schools exist that doesn't make it completely fine to ban. And usually the hugs take place outside of class where you're not learning anything anyways.

Am I the only person who gets tired of these threads that pop up every few months about schools that institute a "no hugging" rule. It just seems like something the media blows totally out of proportion every few months when they need some attention.