Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

It's because the majority of the complainers post stupid complaints like this one:

It's not about patience, it's that many players are getting tired of seeing delayed, half-assed updates that add nothing new to the game.

It's not a complaint, it's an opinion. An opinion I'm sure many would agree with. On another note, it sure is annoying to see all these ass-kissers :thumbup:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I (1) were Jagex and (2) cared about what people said on TIF, I would stop posting BTS and stop informing players when updates would (and would not) occur because of the bs on this thread lol

seriously if you went through all 164 pages of this, how many rage of delayed update posts would there be? my suspicion is that every time an update didn't happen on a monday or tuesday, there were multiple posts of exactly that sort. you'd think after the 5th time you spend an hour refreshing the RS homepage you learn that the expected benefits do not outweigh the considerable waste of time

You're adorable. But your strawmen arguments aside, there are plenty of people here who know exactly the kind of folk I'm talking about when I refer to trolls, and your teen angst on "omfg Omali iz a NAZI Jagsplax apalgist!" you've clearly never read the articles on my website regarding Jagex and some of their policies. I've regularly knocked Jagex for their embarrassing advertisement in India (showing the girl with the enormous breasts from the Poison Arrow update), how Jagex is too soft on their rule breakers, and implying that the new castle wars highest tier armor was made by a sadist who wishes to regress MMOs back into the old stereotype of no-life nerds. I've also used Andrew Gower's threat against Tip.It as an example of the company's true side, and have posted often on TIF about how Jagex is pretty much the only MMO developer to punish their players for creating fansites, and how it wasn't too long ago that they were dishing out permanent bans for mentioning "google."

That is interesting. I suppose I will recant some of what I said. Though, I don't think you realize when in your usual habbit of making sarcastic comments, such as 'the drama level in this thread has gone up' during important/serious discussions (I seem to call you making sarcastic comments quite often), how people like me might be lead to believe that you are trolling us. I am not saying we can't have fun but if comes across that way. And by no means am I of the opinion that Jagex always wrong or anything. I have defended them quite often in the past but at times like these I do feel legitimately frustrated.

By the way, I did breifly check your site a while back. ;)

When it is a string of delays without warning there are legitimate minor complaints. I think DJL summed it up perfectly on another forum:

Jagex established a precedent a long time ago of updating early in the week. Because of this, many people get up extra-early so they can be the first to try out an update either because they have school/work later or because they want to get to it first in case the update's rewards are unbalanced and they can benefit from Jagex's oversight before it is nerfed. What really pisses a lot of people (including me) off is that Jagex PLANNED to release it late in the week, with no warning beforehand (other than the notifications late in each morning that there is no update that day). If they had said on Monday "We are planning to release this week's update later in the week" there would be less fuss. Many people feel "strung along" because of this.

I'm aware that Jagex expects Tip.It to sell its soul for platinum status, so any comment of mine made towards such status should be considered highly sarcastic towards Tip.It.

My mistake then, I didn't catch the sarcasm. I don't mind Jagex recognizing sites or getting involved, by all means they should. It is just the manner of how they got involved. Smaller sites have to put up with absurd demands such as removing adverts to competitors(even though Jagex themselves have WoW adverts time from time) which provide substantial revenue without any compensation. Then of course the matter of indirectly control critical comment with the threat of removal of status. Meh, whole thing is a mess. RS wiki is a prime example, though that was hijacked a bit sooner because of the various folks that moderate on RS Wiki AND Runescape(clear conflict of interest).

Its so interesting to read all of these helpful posts with loads of tweets by Jagex!

Oh wait....

Let me post something that's actually relevant to this thread.

Introducing the Jagex Store Combo Packs! Save up to $26.98 per pack with these amazing #RuneScape #merchandise offers http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/aqNXQ6

Someone mentioned that Jagex employees don't like to work past their normal shedule anymore or anyless than the average person. (i personally love working past my hours, even when i hate the job so much i could kill myself)

I wonder then if noone at Jagex wants to work late, then noone of them have joy in their work, otherwise working an extra 1-2 hours every day wouldn't be a problem.

That might be the case why most updates are unfinished, noone there has joy in what they do.

I'm just saying if it's really the case that noone wants to works late then the head should look for better employees.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Someone mentioned that Jagex employees don't like to work past their normal shedule anymore or anyless than the average person. (i personally love working past my hours, even when i hate the job so much i could kill myself)

I wonder then if noone at Jagex wants to work late, then noone of them have joy in their work, otherwise working an extra 1-2 hours every day wouldn't be a problem.

That might be the case why most updates are unfinished, noone there has joy in what they do.

I'm just saying if it's really the case that noone wants to works late then the head should look for better employees.

They do often work past thier normal hours and come in in middle of night to fix things.

They can't do it all the time though, the company won't allow it as it can't pay them and at the end of the day unless its reallllllly important to get done right then and there, even if you LOVE the job you're not gonna stay and do it without getting paid, unless its only gonna take like 5 - 10 minutes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You have no idea how crappy working in game development is do you?

Edit: Just wanted to also mention, I doubt anybody would work in game development if they hated. I would say considering they are working in game development, they DO love making games.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I figure Tip.It will never make gold status until we can get through a week without having a gigantic sob fest about an update being a few days late, and until TIF starts banning some of the people who are here simply to troll Jagex.

Ban people who express dissatisfaction towards the product? What a moronic idea. As if apologists couldn't already get any more excessive around here. Expression frustration is hardly trolling, often when said frustrations are justified. You feel embarrassed for Tip.it? I feel embarrassed for Tip.it too--but for different reasons. Ever since Andrew threatened legal action against Tip.it and the subsequent take down of a particular article, this place lost its collective [cabbage] and ever since nothing that Jagex done can be ever examined critically otherwise one must fear the wrath of the apologists. And now we are at a stage where people are advocating others be banned for their opinions. How wonderful? Mind you there are still a lot intelligent and articulate people here but they are often overshadowed by apologists like you. I know you put a spin on your words to insinuate that only the trolls should be banned but inside their there is the implicit assumption that they anytime people have any complaints in regards to delays, we must be trolling, or as you put it engaging in 'sob fests'. It is as if to you, there is never a time when people are with legitimate qualms, it is as if people are just always sobbing.

The whole Platinum status is another thing to worry about, people anticipated that once they unleashed something of this sort, there would be conflicts of interests where people like you would be more interested in getting some silly little control mechanism, er I mean status instead of actual discussion. "Lets not talk about certain things like complains because Jagex might not give us the next status or revoke our current one, we can't have that now can we?".

Sorry that I'm going off topic, but could someone tell me what happened so that Andrew wanted to put legal action against this site? I'm kinda curious. :s

I figure Tip.It will never make gold status until we can get through a week without having a gigantic sob fest about an update being a few days late, and until TIF starts banning some of the people who are here simply to troll Jagex.

You do know Tip.it has been platinum for a few weeks now?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Pictures? Where?

Check the "Update Teasers" sticky. It's something of an Occult dungeon sliding puzzle.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sorry that I'm going off topic, but could someone tell me what happened so that Andrew wanted to put legal action against this site? I'm kinda curious. :s

It was ages ago, back on scape board. I have no idea if what im saying is the right names or not but I wasn't around back then. :P (Before 2005)

Was an article criticizing Jagex or something about something. Sorry, dont have the details. :P

It was a Tip.It Times article about something or other, and Andrew came on the forums and threatened Tip.It with legal action for (presumably) slander or whatever.

That was a long time ago, though :P

Anyway, on topic. I'm not too fussed about the new floors yet, but I'm awaiting the new rewards to see if there's anything good in there that will get me Dunging again. Dungeoneering 1.75 here I come.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

8 Min sys update, just btw

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Coming this week (via Facebook)

41211_473380036728_59261801728_6340114_8065934_n.jpg

Notice the shield slot of the player.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato