15th July 2009 - PvP Changes

Xecer

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cool with these new updates. More risk, higher costs needed to trick. I just wish there was a better reason for Spite. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

So all PVP/BH worlds after this update will be 1950 76kers, and 50 welfare pkers...

Really, what was the point? I get the 75k part to detter the 26kers, but really, i don't get the point of the whole no protect item thing. Ok the skulling is 'ok', but why having to risk everything? A pker would have already been risking enough to make it so they wouldn't be making massively unstable profits from killing legit, so why do this to them.

And now, we are going to have massivle inflation in rares and non-combat gear, as people will be selling up any combat gear ovr 20m, and buying skills/rares.

One of the first updates in ages i've almost 100% disagreed with.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

ah..ic..Mod mmg wanted to nuke pvp, not 26king.

so pvp worlds are now entirely for 76king...pvping is instead nuked

I don't even know what to say to this but, i have seen a decline in the drops from 26king from the start.

Colossus110 and No 99 - Quittin' On A Prayer

Original lyrics from Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer

Tommy used to pk the worlds

Claws lost on death

Hes down on his luck...its tough, so tough

Gina works to 26k all day

Working for her man, she brings home her pay

For love - for love

She says weve got to hold on to the items we've got

cause it doesnt make a difference

If they smite us or not

Weve got each other and thats a lot

For love - Give d scims a shot!

Chorus:

Whooah, the pjers are scared

Quittin on a prayer

Take my claws and we'll make it - I swear

Quittin on a prayer

Tommys got his six zaros in row

Now hes eating sharks away

To keep his hp from low- so tough, its tough

Gina dreams of running away

She just got frozen from mage

Tommy whispers baby its okay, someday

If they smite us or not

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

Weve got to hold on ready or not

You live for the fight, not about what you've got

Quittin on a prayer

Take my claws and well make it - I swear

Quittin on a prayer

1288581197250-1.jpg

Go have some fun welfare pking guys, in a few days everyone is just going to be praying and teleporting at the first sign of trouble.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

[hide=Lyrics]

Claws lost on death

For love - for love

If they smite us or not

Chorus:

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

If they smite us or not

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

[/hide]

Can't believe I was that bored! Haha!

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Then remove protect from Melee/Range/Mage prayers too.

I already risked 700k+ when I was pking with Whip and most of the time I didn't even pk close to that on each kill.

PvP has NEVER been about having to risk everything, people still risked things before this update so that's not going to change for those people.

It's pointless making people lose more and will draw people away from proper PvP and just leave rushers and 26kers to rule the worlds.

The difference now is that you risk more with a whip, but you have less worry about 1-itemers with D claws and AGS, and you're bound to get legit kills with potentially good drops since the noobs who are earning EPs with one item worth 76k or more, or even coins, are bound to lose them. I would say that you have even lesser chance of losing your whip than before.

The people who rushed before with AGS/Claws etc. kept Protect Melee at all times making them unkillable, this has not changed.

If you can't PK any player using protect prayers, then what kind of PKer have you been? Always having honorable, no food no pray fight?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Claws lost on death

For love - for love

If they smite us or not

Chorus:

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

If they smite us or not

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

Quittin on a prayer

I Lol'd

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I already risked 700k+ when I was pking with Whip and most of the time I didn't even pk close to that on each kill.

PvP has NEVER been about having to risk everything, people still risked things before this update so that's not going to change for those people.

It's pointless making people lose more and will draw people away from proper PvP and just leave rushers and 26kers to rule the worlds.

The difference now is that you risk more with a whip, but you have less worry about 1-itemers with D claws and AGS, and you're bound to get legit kills with potentially good drops since the noobs who are earning EPs with one item worth 76k or more, or even coins, are bound to lose them. I would say that you have even lesser chance of losing your whip than before.

The people who rushed before with AGS/Claws etc. kept Protect Melee at all times making them unkillable, this has not changed.

If you can't PK any player using protect prayers, then what kind of PKer have you been? Always having honorable, no food no pray fight?

If I'm pking with Melee I can't kill people who use protect melee, if I then bring a bow I won't be able to hit them with range and I'll lose food, so I'd have to bring dragonhide which would lose me even more food and make them much more likely to kill me.

If I'm in the middle of fighting someone and someone else runs in and specials me when I'm already low health, how is it fair that I should lose a whip? I can't do anything to stop them doing that unless I use protect melee the whole fight.

I don't pvp at all, but this seems liek a horrible idea...noone will ever use anything decent now, and gaining potential and using brawlers will be extremely difficult now...since you will lose your brawlers, and those can't exactly be rebought....

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

why is bandos armor being affected by this? :wall:

Max Str gear to rush people.

Tbh I think people with faith in their ability to pk will do well theres a 70%ish chance that you will recieve what your opponent loses so if someone does think I can pk, I'll go with claws, free 20M or so when they finally crash and settle.

My concern is still bolters but tbh if they made splashers attackable then pvp would be near enough flawless now

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

wahhh is it dropping or rising??

dropping. people are offering claws for them rofl.

and it won't sell at lowest.

If I'm pking with Melee I can't kill people who use protect melee, if I then bring a bow I won't be able to hit them with range and I'll lose food, so I'd have to bring dragonhide which would lose me even more food and make them much more likely to kill me.

If I'm in the middle of fighting someone and someone else runs in and specials me when I'm already low health, how is it fair that I should lose a whip? I can't do anything to stop them doing that unless I use protect melee the whole fight.

I'll at least give credits to these new-age PJers who at least have the guts to go out with a D claw or AGS knowing full well that they'll lose them 100% on death. Moreover, why would they pick on you, someone in full gear, compared to all the sitting ducks gaining EPs in hotspots with no way to retaliate, now that they always lose enough for a potential drop?

A great improvement from the risk-free PJing of the past. Hmm, the past seems like only a few hours ago. In fact, it is a few hours ago!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Dropping.

Max Str gear to rush people.
I'm assuming he already knew why.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

omfg meh ill keep my sets of bandos [bleep] it no point in selling now

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

omfg meh ill keep my sets of bandos [bleep] it no point in selling now

Ok how much money do you have if you had bandos, arma, claws and an ags?

Players who enter a PvP or Bounty World will now automatically become skulled and unable to use the Protect Item prayer.

Why would they change this? It's been the same since the beginning, you can protect your best item. I predict BH worlds are going to be nearly empty with real Pkers, this will probably cause more people to quit than when they released the first BH. I'm really hoping they change it back because this is the most idiotic update of 2009.

Additionally, on members worlds, your victims must now lose at least 75,000 coins worth of items (increased from 25,000) for your earning potential to be applied to the drop.

That seems fair. But did they nerf the drops so you lose money instead of making a bit or breaking even?

What a stupid update.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I believe the new must be a in a hotzone refers to people who have never visited a pvp world before this update, but don't take my word for it

Please note that you will have to be in a safe area before you can next log into a PvP or Bounty World. You will need to log into a non-PvP/Bounty World in order to move to a safe area. This is to ensure nobody logs in risking more than they are aware of. A message will explain this on login if you try to enter these worlds. This only applies to your next PvP/Bounty World login; from then on, you will be able to log in as normal.
dawnsigblue-3.png

All i can say is i see alot of the players who wanted to fix 26king so badly are now the same ones that are again whining. This update is really good for people you acutally pk on pvp worlds now everyone really is risking items while they are there no worries about skulling everyones skulled. The only down side to this update is Smite can only be used to drain prayer to stop players from praying not much much other reason to use it. I always hated keeping track of prayer now i really have no reason to worrie about it... Haha again to all the whiners out there..