Tip.it Times: 19 July 2009

Mirror

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

Enjoy the articles!

P.S. Also if you notice any kind of grammar/spelling mistakes, please PM me instead of posting on here. Thanks!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

no offence rsw, that "did you know...." is pretty weak :(

first did you know that i didn't know. ...i don't wander around edge much anymore and i didn't even know there was a lever.

Y_Z.png

Not to mention...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=800070

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I'd agree the did you know is very weak

Teleports and switches

All teleport spells cast in Bounty Worlds will now take you to Edgeville, and there is a new switch leading to the high-level Wilderness from the ruined building south of the bank in Edgeville.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1940

It's in the actual main front page news of rs only a month ago...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Teleports and switches

All teleport spells cast in Bounty Worlds will now take you to Edgeville, and there is a new switch leading to the high-level Wilderness from the ruined building south of the bank in Edgeville.

It is VERY hard to come up with things that people here don't know about Runescape :|

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[hide=quotes]

Teleports and switches

[/hide]

It is VERY hard to come up with things that people here don't know about Runescape :|

Next week, have that be the did you know. :lol:

As for the articles, they were both great reads. Keep up the good work.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I didn't like the first article. It basically was: "price manipulation is bad, Jagex should do something against it." I thought everyone knew and agreed on that already.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Teleports and switches

I always know the did you knows, but at least all previous ones we're some what obscure or ooolllldddddd.

This one is pathetic because it was announced on the rs front page, not even patch notes, a month ago. It'd be like next weeks did you know being

"Did you know Faruq in al-kharid sells some useful tools for games?"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did you know it's very easy to bash the DYK, but way harder to actually make them up? Try it yourself before complaining about them.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I never said it was easy to come up wid em.

I just said it was pathetic to have something announced on the front page a month ago as a did you know.

But tbh I could prob come up with atleast 20 did you knows that are fairly obscure if I sat down and thought about it, but my knowledge of rs is geeky and I know waaay more than I should lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I never said it was easy to come up wid em.

I just said it was pathetic to have something announced on the front page a month ago as a did you know.

But tbh I could prob come up with atleast 20 did you knows that are fairly obscure if I sat down and thought about it, but my knowledge of rs is geeky and I know waaay more than I should lol

Well sit down and think about it then PM them to us if you know so many.

Every week people come up and say 'I knew that' but there are a lot of people that read the Tip.It times and there will be SOME people that don't know the DYK.

The almost obsessive knowledge that people have here of Runescape means that it's hard to come up with them because a lot of people know a LOT about Runescape.

Can people discuss the articles please instead of bashing the DYK.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Hey, I didn't know that.

Anyways, I didn't know most of the stuff in the mechscape article, and would like to add that a TIF ninja found that the name "stellar dawn" is TM'd to Jagex, so that may be the name.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

If you have a better DYK then send it to one of the editorial staff. That tip is more of a helpful reminder to all as it can be very useful and is closer to a teleport than the ardy one is. It may have been kind of weak but I do have a DYK that almost noone would noone but then again it would only benifit a few people. It's up n_odie or mirror to decide whether to use it or not. It's tougher than you way seem to find a good DYK that most people won't know and that will effect most people. So again, please send a member of the editorial staff a PM if you think you have a better DYK.

The first article was good and it put things on the table for people who don't regularly read our threads about the subject.

The 2nd article was very good and it gave an explanation to why the updates have been less than amazing this past year.

Good week guys :thumbup:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I thought the articles were decent as usual, though the first seemed obvious like a couple of other people have said. I thought that the little description on the front page was weak... It was odd and I think that it should probably go back to just 'A new issue.' The MechScape one would have been informative had I not known a lot about MS already.

Today's article is good.

Remember on the RSOF (before GE) they had a rule against price manip? It said in the rules you couldn't say "hey all whip owners, lets not sell unless its 40m!" or whatever. They've kinda gotten lax.

top_lel_face.png

People who don't the the first article continues to fail in merch clans.

I'm open to constructive criticism, but have no idea what this means.

It means that they fail at writing out complete thoughts. I can't figure it out either.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

People who don't the the first article continues to fail in merch clans.

I'm open to constructive criticism, but have no idea what this means.

Good job only replying to a thought that wasn't well formed. If you want criticism go to the first page, you'll find plenty there,but instead you decided to mock someone for a mix up,well done.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff