Help test a game in Cambridge

Nukearcher

FANCY yourself as a games tester?

Home - Image from RunescapeWell Jagex Games Studio, the Cambridge-based computer game developer, is looking for a number of 11- to 16-year-olds to test a new update to RuneScape, the worlds most popular free-to-play game.

The volunteers are needed for two or three hours on Saturday August 1 and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their visit.

The testing will take place in Jagexs Cambridge offices and the volunteers will be given game vouchers to thank them for their time.

Runescape2%2Ejpg

If you or your child is interested in applying or wish to find out more email [email protected].

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news ... ?ID=436427

Sounds interesting

EDIT: Mod Mark H posted on rs forums saying the news got age wrong (Quick find code: 16-17-951-59272211)

Hey folks,

I just wanted to point out that part of this advert is incorrect.

The actual age range is 13-18, not 11-16. We've contacted the people involved and we hope the advert will be corrected asap.

:)

~ MMH ~

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait... you mean they actually want REAL PLAYERS to test their stuff for once? OMGWTFBBQ?! Wish I lived in England :( Good to see this happening for once though. It looks like we might get more skeletal wyverns? Hmmm... something near there anyway.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

have they done this before? i dont remember any mention of anything like this in the history of rs and ive played for pretty much the whole ride?

wonder what the impact will be on rs.... i can only imagine the worst.

What the hell Jagex?!? What. The. Hell. Why are you asking for random kids in Cambridge to test your update when you could, far more easily, just ask a few members on the forums? Why not just saunter down to the high level forum and ask? They would, obviously, be the most help testing ANY update. Just have them agree to a confidentiality agreement and there it you are. Done. And it could be done over the internet. Much easier. Instead, they do this.

Ah, well. Now we know that their target group really IS 11-16.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

What the hell Jagex?!? What. The. Hell. Why are you asking for random kids in Cambridge to test your update when you could, far more easily, just ask a few members on the forums? Why not just saunter down to the high level forum and ask? They would, obviously, be the most help testing ANY update. Just have them agree to a confidentiality agreement and there it you are. Done. And it could be done over the internet. Much easier. Instead, they do this.

You just can't be happy about JaGex finally asking players to test some of it's content...? :roll:

You just can't be happy about JaGex finally asking players to test some of it's content...? :roll:

Does it SAY players? No. It says "Jagex Games Studio, the Cambridge-based computer game developer, is looking for a number of 11- to 16-year-olds to test a new update to RuneScape, the worlds most popular free-to-play game." Not necessarily players. It may be IMPLIED but you can't infer anything when it comes to the business world. Furthermore, if they are players, they may be very inexperienced and young. I don't know about you, but I don't want an eleven year old F2P with a 789 skill total telling Jagex what he thinks of an update prior to release and when in a position that gives his opinion more weight.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

There is no way they're going to let people test new content in their own homes. Use your head - it's a security issue - how are they to know that the player they've sent the new version to won't just dump the files for a private server or something. When it's done on jagex turf nothing can go wrong. It's just asking for trouble letting players test over the internet.

Does it SAY players? No. It says "Jagex Games Studio, the Cambridge-based computer game developer, is looking for a number of 11- to 16-year-olds to test a new update to RuneScape, the worlds most popular free-to-play game." Not necessarily players. It may be IMPLIED but you can't infer anything when it comes to the business world. Furthermore, if they are players, they may be very inexperienced and young. I don't know about you, but I don't want an eleven year old F2P with a 789 skill total telling Jagex what he thinks of an update prior to release and when in a position that gives his opinion more weight.

Yeah,I bet some "cool" guy is gonna go test the game that is being made fun of in his school...Of course not!

I find it kind of concerning that Jagex is looking for kids from 11-16. I thought Jagex was looking to focus more on the 16+ audience. The only reason I can think that they would go so young would be that they are working on another version of the Stronghold Of Security.

Yes, High leveled players would be much better suited to do this. But of cource, with the whole security thing and all... but I am SURE there are high leveled players in the Cambridge area. Really makes me wonder what Jagex is planning.

QFT.

I wonder if this has to do with that new tab icon?

Prism_Swords.png

They scraped 13+ when quick chat came, hence why if u put ur age as under 13 ur locked out of anything but quick chat until u are 14.

Sounds some what intriguing and Cambridge ain't far from me, I'd so try and get in if I was just a smidge younger lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds interesting dangit I wish I was near cambridge to see what it is. Most likely the new tab or mechscape testing.

Don't you have to be 13 to play this game?

Guess not...

Exactly what I was thinking!

Same here I was reading this and I was like "Umm...should I report Jagex for encouraging others to break the rules?"

You can start playing at any age but, you have to have a parent watch you while you play and you can only use quickchat until you turn 13.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Don't you have to be 13 to play this game?

Guess not...

Exactly what I was thinking!

You don't need to be 13 to play anymore. But only players that are 13 or older are able to use normal chat, for those who are not even 13... Quick Chat. :mrgreen:

Interesting... Is that game they are testing even RuneScape?

I can imagine kids asking for free gold from jagex or parents asking to buy their children cheap gold for Christmas >.>

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]