What You Consider Attractive in Men and Women

EarthySun

Easy-going, intelligence and optimism (but not utterly naive) I've found are qualities that go a long way with me. Then there's also the obvious "not a body like the blob nor a stick" stuff of course.

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boobs generally, and a nice face.

I'm really quite surprised at this... I appear to have most of the traits that you people find attractive. Though I'd never wear heels; I can wear hockey skates, but no heels.

NO PIC NO PROOF

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

When I get home from school I'm going to make a list of all the things that have been said multiple times and then I'll see what the ULTIMATE FEMALE will be like.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

BOOBS :ugeek:

You are a good person.

No words, just laughs, lots of 'em. Seriously I almost fell off my chair :lol:

EDIT: Now to be useful on this thread.

I have to agree with people preferring shorter girls, not too short, just below average suits me. Not to bothered about hair colour as long as it isn't pitch black or whitey-blonde. As long as they aren't a stick insect or noticeable rotund then I don't really mind about weight, personality is key, they have to be clever and able to make me laugh without trying too hard.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I have to agree with people preferring shorter girls, not too short, just below average suits me. Not to bothered about hair colour as long as it isn't pitch black or whitey-blonde. As long as they aren't a stick insect or noticeable rotund then I don't really mind about weight, personality is key, they have to be clever and able to make me laugh without trying too hard.

Actually I think pitch black hair can look quite good on some girls. However there are a few where it obviously does not suit them -.-

wl7w9j.png

Whereas I believe they shouldn't wear anything.
I see what you did there. If that were the case wouldn't things like family reunions be quite awkward?
Not really, but the problem is if all women wore nothing, you'd see all the things you didn't want to see from all the wrong people that you find unattractive. I'd feel very uncomfortable if I saw an elderly man completely naked and limping around town with his bits flapping about.

You might feel comfortable with going to your family's nude reunion and accidentally bumping into your dads erect penis, but i'm not.

I went back this morning and reread this post. I laughed. Hard.

Look at Emma Watson and there you go. :thumbsup:

I want her to "wingardium leviosa" me irl if you know what I mean. (not a sexual innuendo, I jsut want her to use her 99 magic to make me float) Pervs.

Good runescape joke bro. :thumbsup:

I'm very picky about women. I might think I like a chick one second and then suddenly I notice something and I'm like :|. PPPPPAAAASSSSSSSSSS! LOL, I know it's bad being shallow. :?

A women who can look awesome without makeup is important; i.e. have Natural Beauty. Physically attractive (eyes, teeth, legs, long hair), intelligent, strong mentally/confident (sort of a big one for me, it's an extreme turnoff when some women don't think they are good enough), outgoing, active in sports, good humor, good dancer, knows two or more languages, and good HYGIENE.

You're on a RS fan forum, i think anything with a pulse will do here.

Like the females in Varrock? :twss:

I can't believe I just used the "twss smiley." :thumbdown:

Shallow side:

-shorter than 5'10"

-medium breast

-general hourglass

-large bottom (J Lo, for example)

-nice legs

-small feet

-straight hair, brunette, black, or dyed excentrically

-nice eyes (color is irrevelevant)

-big lips

-white teeth

-good hygiene

Non shallow side:

-ability to hold a conversation worth paying attention to

-knowing when to be "on" and when to be "off"

-intelligent

-good sense of humor

-someone that makes me laugh

-holds similiar interests as myself

-doesn't mind complete fairness and equality in a relationship (like, guy doesn't always pay for dates and such)

-opinionated

-unique and eccentric

-happy when happy, sad when sad, no guessing games

-loyal

-understands that I need some time to myself

That about covers it I suppose

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I think I said this before on the last thread, but generic kinds of sexual attraction does not a good thread make. I find it interesting reading what makes some people here interested in a certain kind of girl, what makes a girl "the one" as opposed to "close to a 10". If all people can list is the same stuff that everyone else is listing, I lose faith in that thing we call "love".

Don't make me lose faith. I hurt people that make me lose faith.

I like a soccer girl. I like a girl that doesn't know when to shut up, a girl that doesn't know when she's supposed to stop laughing. I like the dark haired ones- I'm blonde enough as it is, don't need more of that. I like a girl that takes too many risks and doesn't mind getting into trouble every once in a while. And... and I have a feeling there's a lot more I don't know about what I like. Guess I'll find out later.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If I ever get married, I hope she has practically no family. We're gonna use mine and that's that. Mine's [bleep]ing big enough as it is - I don't need another hundred cousins-in-law.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

-My height or shorter

-Eyes

-Hair

-Structure (sounds weird)

-Intelligence

-Easy-going

-Loudness (but quiet at the right times)

-Open-minded

Not everything that I look for but these are the qualities (in my opinion) that matter most.

edit: Right, I forgot that I like it when I know someone who enjoys American football. So throw that in there as well.

After reading The Third Chimpanzee, I became very disturbed with the type of women I'm attracted to (more as to WHY I'm attracted to them). I think we're all better off not knowing why someone attracts us, because the answer is pretty disturbing.

I'll therefore give you an indirect hint. The day I read the passage that is disturbing me to this day, my friends came to my house to hang. One by one I asked them to compare middle finger length size with my mother, and sure enough, the one I have a 'crush' on has near identical finger length as my mom. Then, without telling them, I observed their ear structure. Near identical.

You're thinking, "this guy is an idiot". No, man.

We're all instinctively attracted to women that have subtle features shared with your mother and girl cousins. Obviously it's not the defining physical traits that are shared, or else we'd all be going out with younger versions of our mothers. Social taboos steered us away from this, but they did not steer us away from the subtle traits, like the ones I've mentioned above. Nobody is going to do "ewww dude, she has the same ear structure as your MOM". Obviously I haven't put my finger on the exact reason why we're attracted to certain women, but I think it's pretty close. Be warned, the more you think about it, the more you're going to be disturbed by your dating patterns.

Woops, wasn't supposed to share that with you. Oh well ::'

hiccup.png

Far out that is creepy. Now that I think of my girlfriend and my mum, the subtle similarities....AHHH. God, I won't be able to look at my mum or the gf for a week.

When I discovered that all my exs sorta look like my mom, she started wearing a small bikini around the house because it's summer and she likes tanning. I swear I was near gouging my eyes out with a clothes hanger when I saw her upper leg width and neck to belly button height. OH MY GOD

hiccup.png

Far out that is creepy. Now that I think of my girlfriend and my mum, the subtle similarities....AHHH. God, I won't be able to look at my mum or the gf for a week.

When I discovered that all my exs sorta look like my mom, she started wearing a small bikini around the house because it's summer and she likes tanning. I swear I was near gouging my eyes out with a clothes hanger when I saw her upper leg width and neck to belly button height. OH MY GOD

God, I would hate that. Glad it is midwinter here, and I would of forgotten this fact by summer.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I've already thought of the similarities between my girlfriend and my mom. It's eerie. It's also a bit scarring, but I try not to think about it. It's not even really physical stuff. It's just life situation stuff. For example, my mom grew up poor but had a very close knit family, especially after her dad died when she was 17. My mom was also the youngest daughter. My girlfriend is growing up more or less bankrupt with an emotionally close family (for the most part anyway) and her dad was recently hospitalized with lung cancer. Which happen to be how my biological grandfather died. Same age ratio. Plus there's a few other subtle personality traits I see in common with the two of them. it's pretty creepy.

But I've already accepted the fact that men are attracted to the same type of person as their mother. Even before I started dating at all. It's a tangent of Freud's theories. She is the first women in your life after all ;)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I read a scientific article about the similarity between one's significant other and their parent a ways back... let me fish it up. Ah, here:

Hot_moms_and_sexual_imprinting

[hide=Short article]Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hot moms and sexual imprinting

Guys: have you got a hot mom? Chances are your wife will be a looker, too. The same goes for daughters of hunky fathers.

Women tend to date guys that look like their fathers, and sons go for gals that look like their mothers, according to a new study of facial similarities between romantic partners and their parents. The paper is published this week in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B (DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2008.1021).

Tamas Bereczkei, a biologist at the University of Pecs, Hungary, and his colleagues mapped the faces of 67 young, long-term couples at their university, as well as each parent, measuring facial proportions such as the ratios of face length to width, nose length to face height, and mouth width to height.

Based on these numbers, Bereczkei's team found that, overall, the face of a woman's boyfriend's more closely resembles her father's than the faces of other males in the study. The correlation was most striking for measurements of the centre of the face, such as the ratios between nose length to face height and eye width to face height.

Men also dated women whose faces more closely resembled their mothers than other women in the study. But here, men seemed to focus on the lower part of the face. The ratios between jaw and face width and lip fullness (height) and width of their mothers and girlfriends tended to match.

These findings hint at a process well documented in animals - and only beginning to emerge from studies of humans - called sexual imprinting. Exposure to adults can bias young animals to pick future mates that resemble their parents.

This could be evolution's way of maintaining adaptations to local environments. Mating with someone too different from you and your parents could compromise such adaptations.

On the other hand, the same process might also dissuade animals from picking mates that look too similar to their parents and even siblings to hold onto a modicum genetic diversity, which could come in handy if environmental conditions change or disease erupts. This is called optimal inbreeding.

And while studies in animals have found the same kind of opposite sex imprinting, "we do not know the precise mechanism of imprinting-like phenomenon in humans," Bereczkei says.

Ewen Callaway, online reporter[/hide]

Heh, when I discovered this I actually sent this to my mom saying how lucky I am. No better compliment than science :) .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.