What You Consider Attractive in Men and Women

EarthySun

After reading The Third Chimpanzee, I became very disturbed with the type of women I'm attracted to (more as to WHY I'm attracted to them). I think we're all better off not knowing why someone attracts us, because the answer is pretty disturbing.

I'll therefore give you an indirect hint. The day I read the passage that is disturbing me to this day, my friends came to my house to hang. One by one I asked them to compare middle finger length size with my mother, and sure enough, the one I have a 'crush' on has near identical finger length as my mom. Then, without telling them, I observed their ear structure. Near identical.

You're thinking, "this guy is an idiot". No, man.

We're all instinctively attracted to women that have subtle features shared with your mother and girl cousins. Obviously it's not the defining physical traits that are shared, or else we'd all be going out with younger versions of our mothers. Social taboos steered us away from this, but they did not steer us away from the subtle traits, like the ones I've mentioned above. Nobody is going to do "ewww dude, she has the same ear structure as your MOM". Obviously I haven't put my finger on the exact reason why we're attracted to certain women, but I think it's pretty close. Be warned, the more you think about it, the more you're going to be disturbed by your dating patterns.

Woops, wasn't supposed to share that with you. Oh well ::'

Yeah that's true boys look for "mates" with similar physical properties as their moms, but girls do the same thing but look for boys who have similar physical properties that their dad has.

Why is that disturbing?

edit- ooh I got beat, but he has an article.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

My "Perfect" girl.

-White hair, not old person white, natural white. Short, perhaps with a fringe.

-Blue, brown, or green eyes.

-Slightly shorter then myself.

-Medium sized chest.

-Nice [wagon], not too picky with this one though.

-Hourglass figure.

-Slightly tanned skin.

-Cute and innocent.

-Shy.

-Intelligent.

-Funny.

-More or less same interests as me.

-Polite.

-Loyal.

-And obviously, kind.

Now...

I'll actually settle with any girl I think seems attractive, hair colour is no problem, neithers eye colour. Height will sometimes put me off, same for skin tone. (Not too big a fan of black girls, does this make me racist?) Personality wise I'd like anyone who was kind and caring, and fun to be with.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

After reading The Third Chimpanzee, I became very disturbed with the type of women I'm attracted to (more as to WHY I'm attracted to them). I think we're all better off not knowing why someone attracts us, because the answer is pretty disturbing.

Wow, that's true. :-#

@Reb's post about everyone liking he same sort of women, first off there's a lot of things you couldn't put a finger on about girls you're attracted to, second, most people here are teenagers.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

@Reb's post about everyone liking he same sort of women, first off there's a lot of things you couldn't put a finger on about girls you're attracted to, second, most people here are teenagers.
Yeah, I can only really give an outline of it because well, as you said, there are so many other little factors that are completely different from person to person that could either intensify the attraction or put me off completely.

Works both ways.

Let's see...

My "Perfect" girl.

[hide=perfect]-White hair, not old person white, natural white. Short, perhaps with a fringe.

-Medium sized chest.

-Hourglass figure.

-Slightly tanned skin.

-Cute and innocent.

-Shy.

-Intelligent.

-Funny.

-Polite.

-Loyal.

-And obviously, kind.[/hide]

Now...

I'll actually settle with any girl I think seems attractive, hair colour is no problem, neithers eye colour. Height will sometimes put me off, same for skin tone. (Not too big a fan of black girls, does this make me racist?) Personality wise I'd like anyone who was kind and caring, and fun to be with.

I'm just like you except height isn't a problem(if they arent dwarfs!)

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I'll therefore give you an indirect hint. The day I read the passage that is disturbing me to this day, my friends came to my house to hang. One by one I asked them to compare middle finger length size with my mother, and sure enough, the one I have a 'crush' on has near identical finger length as my mom. Then, without telling them, I observed their ear structure. Near identical.

You're thinking, "this guy is an idiot". No, man.

We're all instinctively attracted to women that have subtle features shared with your mother and girl cousins. Obviously it's not the defining physical traits that are shared, or else we'd all be going out with younger versions of our mothers. Social taboos steered us away from this, but they did not steer us away from the subtle traits, like the ones I've mentioned above. Nobody is going to do "ewww dude, she has the same ear structure as your MOM". Obviously I haven't put my finger on the exact reason why we're attracted to certain women, but I think it's pretty close. Be warned, the more you think about it, the more you're going to be disturbed by your dating patterns.

Woops, wasn't supposed to share that with you. Oh well ::'

I figured this out last year when a girl I liked got her hair cut the same way as my mom and I thought "Holy crap they're the same".

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Let's see...

My "Perfect" girl.

[hide=perfect]-White hair, not old person white, natural white. Short, perhaps with a fringe.

-Medium sized chest.

-Hourglass figure.

-Slightly tanned skin.

-Cute and innocent.

-Shy.

-Intelligent.

-Funny.

-Polite.

-Loyal.

-And obviously, kind.[/hide]

Now...

I'm just like you except height isn't a problem(if they arent dwarfs!)

Really? I'd feel really uncomfortable if the girl towered over me, I'm alright if she's a inch or two taller, but too tall... Well, yeah.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Yeah, I can only really give an outline of it because well, as you said, there are so many other little factors that are completely different from person to person that could either intensify the attraction or put me off completely.

Works both ways.

Meh, fair enough. My point that I don't like reading everyone saying they like "intelligent, easy-going, fun good-looking women" still stands though.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'd like to hop in on the mom thing: [bleep] Freud. He didn't give credit to his assistant: cocaine.

Then again, being attracted to features of my girl cousins, that might work. But I've been told plenty of times, I have good looking cousins. We're just one good looking family.

I'm hopping out now.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I have a fairly bad relationship with my dad. I read that thing about guys being attracted to similar people to their moms, and checked to see if my dad had similar characteristics at all. His ears are totally different, eyes, nose, finger length is slightly similar, his foot size is totally different (dad has small feet, boyfriend doesn't). So I guess this doesn't apply to me.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This thread only caters to half the people in this world. :( EDIT: The thread title has now been editted.

That being said, however, I really can't say what I find attractive in women. Since you can't pick and choose which characteristics come together, it's best to consider each individual person with everything they've got and decide then whether you're attracted to them. :P

Flyingjj.png

In the world. Right? Like 51% - 49%. That's a whole 2% of women left so sad and alone.

The last part, well, watch more 90's movies.

Men are also alot more picky. I wonder how many of each percentage ends up alone for their entire life...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Men are also alot more picky. I wonder how many of each percentage ends up alone for their entire life...

Are you kidding? All men want are boobs and butt. Women are the picky ones, sub-consciously deciding upon males who are stronger, smarter and more masculine than there counterparts. All to do with natural selection, I think.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I like a soccer girl. I like a girl that doesn't know when to shut up, a girl that doesn't know when she's supposed to stop laughing. I like the dark haired ones- I'm blonde enough as it is, don't need more of that. I like a girl that takes too many risks and doesn't mind getting into trouble every once in a while.

You luuuuuv me! ::'

Nah, but I agree with the earlier part of your post, most of the wishes are very generic or a little too specific. We'll learn by experience that looks don't mean much at all (and I have the exes to prove it), and most of us will keep a list of personal traits that we won't negotiate on - such as no substance addictions, no rage/violence and verbal abuse, etc.

Of course there's always a screening process if you're out on a bar looking for someone, but in reality that's not where most people hook up anyway. Schools, work, parties, hobbies, travels, through friends and other semi-social events where you have another activity on the side to keep you busy. That means your filter won't be as active anyway, and you are more likely to be attracted to people that you "normally" wouldn't think you'd like, simply because you also would be judging them by the other activity or their ability to connect with you socially.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Are you kidding? All men want are boobs and butt. Women are the picky ones, sub-consciously deciding upon males who are stronger, smarter and more masculine than there counterparts. All to do with natural selection, I think.

Men look for signs of fertility Women look for signs of power.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

After my last relationship, I feel I have the right to be picky.

- Large, interested eyes.

- Not picky on hair colour, length, or style, just as long as it's well-maintained.

- I tend to prefer pale girls.

- Moderately sized breasts and buttocks. Hourglass figure is the way to go, of course.

- Skinny, or moderate. A large woman would just look ridiculous next to me (I'm very skinny).

- Short.

- Small feet/hands.

- Reasonable sense in fashion, but not designer taste. As long as they know how to match colours.

- Pretty face, of course.

- Good posture. A girl could have all of the above features, but have bad posture, and I probably would not find them attractive.

As for personality:

- Not controlling or needy.

- Well-spoken and polite.

- Not necessarily intellectual, but someone with a good sense of reason.

- Big plus if they have no interest in music whatsoever. I don't know why, I just find fellow musicians to be irritating.

Of course I'm never going to get a girl like that, but I can dream.

Cool.

But just how many women have the ideal boob to butt ratio?

I spend alot of time just walking around here on the East Coast of the States. Maybe it's just America, but I see maybe 1 girl I'm attracted to for every 50 that gross me out.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I spend alot of time just walking around here on the East Coast of the States. Maybe it's just America, but I see maybe 1 girl I'm attracted to for every 50 that gross me out.

I feel the same thing; though its more like 1/100

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.