Isnt combat skills the best way to go?

TotalTalker

hens are a breed of chicken that lay eggs.

All birds lay eggs. Any birds that do not lay eggs have become extinct because this is how birds reproduce. In fact, it's part of the definition of a bird. All chickens are birds. All breeds of chickens lay eggs. A hen is a female chicken. Hens lay eggs. A rooster is a male chicken. Roosters do not lay eggs.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hens are a breed of chicken that lay eggs.

All birds lay eggs. Any birds that do not lay eggs have become extinct because this is how birds reproduce. In fact, it's part of the definition of a bird. All chickens are birds. All breeds of chickens lay eggs. A hen is a female chicken. Hens lay eggs. A rooster is a male chicken. Roosters do not lay eggs.

Mutations within birds like chickens, causes by human need to feed a growing population can cause a hen not to lay eggs thus making it a chicken for slaughter after 14 weeks. Hence why animal support groups would rather have us buy food from the few existing small family farms than companies that mass produce and breed chicken with the use of drugs to make them fatter.

But this whole thing really just got off topic. Point is combat is what everyone usually start off with, and whatever you use to make money or what have you is what you do best.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I caused a major OT, sorry :P

I guess the chicken and the egg analyses my polarbear, combat basically is the egg and skilling is the chicken. You ususally start with combat first, and it is generally the first 'skill' many new players start training.

Wrong, Woodcutting is first.

(Tutorial island)

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

Wrong again, fishing is first. :lol:

EDIT: I was wrong :wall:

But nerdboy has a point, most new players do start by training combat. At least on their first accounts. As for the debate as to whether or not this is the best route, I would have to say it is. Combat is what drives the game. Without it, there is no use for many skills. People wouldn't need food, potions, armour, weapons, bows, arrows, etc. Thats herblore, cooking, smithing, and fletching right there.

Etecoon.png

Who would you respect more:

A player who spent all his time getting an 99 combat stats, 99 Slayer, and 99 Summoning, but not getting any skilling levels.

A player who maxed out all the skilling skills, but with no combat stats.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

Who would you respect more:

A player who spent all his time getting an 99 combat stats, 99 Slayer, and 99 Summoning, but not getting any skilling levels.

A player who maxed out all the skilling skills, but with no combat stats.

Max combat, you still need money for the gear.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I think combat is the way to go; first of all, skills such as fm, fletching, cooking, etc are pretty much useless to train other than to get total up or cape. Besides, unless youre insanely high for a few select skills, u cant make money skilling, u have to pay money to train your non combat skills, as the recent tip.it article has shown. With combat, its free, simple, and profitable. It isnt about luck either; you can always fight high level monsters with conststent good drops, it doesn't have to be a visage or sigil etc. Besides, skilling was made for combat, and since u can buy materials such as potions and food cheaper than if u actually made or cooked them, combat is the way to go.

Vicfung3.png

I think combat is the way to go; first of all, skills such as fm, fletching, cooking, etc are pretty much useless to train other than to get total up or cape. Besides, unless youre insanely high for a few select skills, u cant make money skilling, u have to pay money to train your non combat skills, as the recent tip.it article has shown. With combat, its free, simple, and profitable. It isnt about luck either; you can always fight high level monsters with conststent good drops, it doesn't have to be a visage or sigil etc. Besides, skilling was made for combat, and since u can buy materials such as potions and food cheaper than if u actually made or cooked them, combat is the way to go.

It's very easy to make a profit by skilling. You fish a fish, it's profit right there. You can cook the fish too, that makes a bit less profit but it's also training without *cost* so to speak. Skilling is far less about luck that combat is too, there's no luck in the fact that when I take 40 pure ess to the nature altar it's going to come out with 40 nature runes. I also think that skilling is cheaper to do, you only need the basic equipment, you don't fork out for food or armour regularly. If you buy your skills, then sure it's going to cost, but skilling without buying things is free, practically.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Combat is of course the easiest skill to show off. If I get level 138 in combat everyone will see it just by hovering with there pointer over my character. I don't need to wear any skill cape for them to see that I have done all this progress.

But just because of this combat isn't the best way to go. The best way to go in my opinion is to train all of your skills as much as possible. Because if you do that people who check you up will see that you have reached as long as you have into the game. Those who don't check you up and just checks your combat will however see that you have come as logn as you have as well, as you train those skills as well.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Combat is generally a good thing to train, but not for any of the reasons you stated. Combat will generally provide the best money makers in the game and is easy for everyone to train.

The fact that you're considering playing Runescape "hard work" and you feel a need to show that off to people who you don't know is a pretty big sign that you should rethink why you play Runescape.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Combat is generally a good thing to train, but not for any of the reasons you stated. Combat will generally provide the best money makers in the game and is easy for everyone to train.

The fact that you're considering playing Runescape "hard work" and you feel a need to show that off to people who you don't know is a pretty big sign that you should rethink why you play Runescape.

this.

Once a game becomes a job, or something like a competitive sport that you aim for professionalism in, it's time to stop. You should keep the game a game. If it becomes a chore, you will quickly boil down to an obsessed, fat 40 year-old doing nothing else than sucking all the life out of the government to fuel there competitive nature.

Sounds bad. Except for the part where you can just play games all day =P~

disturbeda.png

Train whatever you want, it shouldn't make a difference to you how other people feel about your account, it's yours. Not theirs.

:thumbup:

I do enjoy combat, but sometimes it irritates me when I realize combat xp is half of my total xp. But who cares? To be honest most players look at combat and make it directly related to a player's skill. Haven't you seen a 138 though, who can't spell? :lol: :lol: :lol:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I think it's a matter of preference. Most people enjoy combat more because it gives them a sense of superiority over others who are lower combat then them. For instance, take a high level and a low level. They get in a flaming contest, and the high combat player challenges the other one to a duel and wipes him off the floor. True, there are other things other then combat, but I just enjoy combat more. Look at my combat level compared to my overall. I am 96 combat and around 1130 overall. That's low for my combat level.

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

I can admit I'm combat noob since I got maxed combat skills. It allows me to kill everything I want to in most efficient ways which I consider as freedom that I do enjoy. I also don't have any 90+ skills that are not 99 and only a few 80+ skills.

But in contrary, my highest skill is fishing. I also keep wearing my fishing cape everywhere instead of my combat related capes, somehow it just make me to feel proud. "Oo, a level 138 with fishing cape". Whatever they mean with it I like when they say it ^^

And in addition, I got quest cape and all level 3 diary rewards too. For me these things back up the fact I have only 2031 total level while having 138 combat.

In my opinion everyone with 138 combat should have at least one other skillcape (preferrably non-buyable) so they wouldn't be considered as total combat noobs (even if it doesn't bother themselves). It's boring and disappointing to look up stats of level 138 just to notice every other skill on their account suck.

I don't play to impress anyone, and if you are, then maybe you're playing for the wrong reasons. Not even the top 21 players "impress" me. It's only a game.

And just as a friendly note, you shouldn't use "like," as a filler word. It makes it seem like you don't even full-heartedly agree with what you are saying. It's hard to take people seriously when they talk in that way.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png