Stealing Creation - Do you earn your own clay?

XxTearGodxX

The topic title is really quite simple and I'll explain in detail a bit below, sit back relax and enjoy the topic.

I was recently in some Fast Stealing Creation games and I noticed TONS of people asking (I prefer to say they are begging) for clay from other players.

I am a player that EARNS my own clay, and by that I mean I start with the level 1 clay make a tool and work my way up to level 5 tools that I can use throughout the game to play.

Most players I see asking for clay are the ones that run straight to the level 3 to 5 Clay Areas and try and get it quick and instead they end up sitting there for 5+ minutes without clay and they get angry and frustrated when people don't give them clay and when they don't get none.

When I asked people in the game "Why don't you earn your clay?" they all through a huge fuss and got into some sort of rage and instantly began flaming me cussing at me calling me a "whining nerd" told me I was going to be banned from "Fast SC" games for a week.

So my question is to you, do you earn your clay? Or do you ask (beg) for it?

--Tear.

xxteargodxx.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I earn mine but help out when I can. After all, it is a team game.

It's nice of you to help but why should you have to pick up the slack for those lazy players, wasting your own time when they ask you to give them clay or to make them a tool?

xxteargodxx.png

yes because when you have a good tool clay can come fast. would you prefer somebody not helping in the game or a chunk of clay. if players ask me i won't give but if i see somebody struggling to get clay i better get them caught up to speed.

It's nice of you to help but why should you have to pick up the slack for those lazy players, wasting your own time when they ask you to give them clay or to make them a tool?

Don't you get points for doing so?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Do you get points for helping people out and giving them stuff? I don't know.

xxteargodxx.png

I give clay to those that ask, if i have it spare. If I'm gathering clay from a resource and I've got plenty in my inventory I'll give enough so everyone can make a tool from it. And if they can't, I'll make it for them. I don't see any problem whatsoever with people asking for clay... from their team mates. As that's what the game's all about afterall, team work. If I give them clay, they too can do they same with giving and collecting. Therefore making the whole process for everyone more efficient and hopefully ending up that my team is the winning one.

Nothin' wrong with beggars, either. ;)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Do you get points for helping people out and giving them stuff? I don't know.

Not directly, but yes. It increases the speed at which they gather clay, which increases the likelihood of your team winning.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Oh c'mon now, there's no shame in asking for clay at the onset of the game to get tools. It's a team effort; helping the team > helping yourself.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No, I do not. However, I readily give it to those who ask provided I have clay to spare. It's all for the team, seeing as how it is a team game.

cliffside1ra5.png

It's a team-based game that is played by a clan that tries to play as efficiently as possible. Giving someone a few clay speeds up the game and doesn't really affect your overall score.

It's not really a big deal, but it definitely does speed up games. What irks me is when people can't grab a rag (level 1 clay) and make and wield a bow at the beginning of the game.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I think it's ok to help people if they need it. When I did play SC, I needed help higher level axes or harpoons. I just doing have the smithing level to make them -.-

I fell that is ok, but for someone to ask for...mabey a full armor set, or clay to make arrows, runes, potions ect... that when it should stop.

All I can say to this is play the how you want to play. If you want to help someone out, then do it, if not then don't.

EDIT:

Oh c'mon now, there's no shame in asking for clay at the onset of the game to get tools. It's a team effort; helping the team > helping yourself.

This is how I fell about it basiclly :lol:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well I can collect from all sources, and make every item, so I can earn my own. However normally I play with Fast Sc (I am a leader there) and it is based on team work. First person to a good resource calls it, everyone normally tries to grab a Class 2/3 clay right off the bat and first person to get Class 5 usually spreads it around.

I give clay to people because it makes for a quicker game if we all have good tools, but after that I cut it off, if i get clay first I share with everyone allow for pickpocketing the rest I keep :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I earn my clay the same way you do, start with level 1 and work my way up. Normally, if someone is at a high level area begging,I get half a load of clay and see if their still there. If they are, I give them the clay and continue on.

My first load of clay is nothing but equipment that I deposit, so that's how I feel I help out my team.

~M

Why wouldn't you give a teammate clay? There really is no reason not to. If you look at the skilling games you are basically aiming for 24 points in the fastest time possible. To get those points you use upwards of at least 5 inventories and summons full of clay, how much will it hurt to give one teammate one clay? It speeds up the game and a nice gesture is always a good thing.

Y_Z.png

Well even still, if you let someone fast-track into using up the level 3 and 4 resources, and the level 1 and 2 resources are still there (not mentioning what happens with the level 5 items) then there's a chance that once they're done with what they can for resources, they might use up a portion just wasting them in combat.

If there's only one person asking to a group, then it's fine, but on the other way around, not fine.

It's a team game, so if I'm the first to grab a c4 with my bare hands and a dozen other people are asking for some, I'll give it to each of them. If your whole team has optimal gear for their stats, then chances are your team will win and you'll get the 10% bonus. Thus, you're helping yourself in the long run by helping your teammates.

Also, I gave up on the "fast sc" worlds - mostly because I only get like 24 points per game max with them and they're boring. I find normal games a much better source of points since you can PK piles and piles of runes and c5 gear off of noobs :D I remember one time the game was almost over and I killed some guy and he dropped all of his c5 gear, including thousands of c4 and c5 arrows... it totaled about 80k in loot just from killing him haha

77yLQy8.png

well seeing as the games are meant to be fast, i help people with clay to get the higher level tools so that they can aid in using all the resources faster, so we get faster games.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

It's natural for me to randomly get nice people who give me level 3+ clays, else then that I earn every single clay I have and tend to help out others.

It's a minigame, you're supposed to work together in games like these really.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."