200M in all Skills

Makilio

I don't consider 20 minutes of activity every 7 hours as "bringing back" pvp

Clearly you have no idea how long it lasts which either means you don't do warbands or you only do warbands for the exp then go back to doing whatever is considered efficient

Clearly you have no idea how long it lasts which either means you don't do warbands or you only do warbands for the exp then go back to doing whatever is considered efficient

As far as I know they don't do warbands as they feel that it devalues the xp in the associated skills. Personally I don't see a problem with warbands as a lot of the people who have used it in my fc have only done it to get 99 in the associated skills which they need for max then stop. I feel that warbands is not OP as there as everyone seems to forget the change in xp rates over the years. Take rc for example was ~30k pre zmi and is now 130k at runespan, that is a 4 times increase. Mining the most efficient skill to wb use to be 250k- 275k mining (because smith/mage would be reached as at the same time as 200m mine). Taking that into account that means that mining has only only increased by 4 times, same amount as rc. The problem with wbs was that smith/mine received a huge increase at once, rather then being spread across several years like other skills.

I saw an armadyl plateskirt in the wilderness just north of grand exchange, went in (geared), a level 200 surged down in seasinger and we fought it out.

My clanmate PKed 5m at revenants yesterday (fury, poly, ...)

With my clanmates we killed a crasher at the chaos elemental.

I pked an agility course pker not too long ago! :D

There is *some* PVP and as much as I dislike warbands myself I agree with SAPK's intentions: keep the wilderness a very dangerous place.

I don't know what's different though, I still enjoy PKing but whereas I was happy with PKing 80k (R2H/Rscim) i'm not that excited about Poly's & Gano. The economy amplified by x1000 perhaps.

Occasionally there are teams at revenants but at times there is nobody :P... Ah patience is a virtue!

Prenerf warbands please, or stackable supplies from warbands. 

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Shame chronicle fragments got nerfed -.-

Yeah :(

Still waiting for dat wb nerf...

The sad part is Jagex already thinks they did

Perhaps changing the exp to bonus exp.

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Perhaps changing the exp to bonus exp.

That has been suggested by Phytic:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=ICiUHibKEa8/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?74,75,231,65148500

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

He doesnt do warbands because he feels it devalues his xp, which is a bit amusing coming from the deputy owner of efficiency experts.

• Like 3

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

I honestly don't see a need to nerf warbands. I surely agree that the exp from them is quite high, but with it comes with a danger and you are never guaranteed to get the full amount of supplies. Even if bonus exp was instilled instead of instant exp, just as many people would take part. In the end Mining would still end up bring 240k exp/hr of guaranteed experience.

Regardless, it's free exp which ever way you decide to slice it. If you want to fix it completely, than a complete removal would be the only way. Most people who avoid WBS are players who feel their exp devalued. It should not make them think that. As the game evolves, it will become easier... this is a fact. Warbands may be taking it too far, but nonetheless new content will render old content inefficient and render it insignificant ie. what runespan did to regular altar running.

Someone mentioned that highscores for mining are forever ruined, well that is also true for many other skills where countless people have done far worse buy buying their exp (SOF). The highscores have become less legit every day since the release of SOF, whereas with warbands it hasn't had much of an overall affect. You tend to forget that most people don't do warbands, and if they do, they either stop at 99 or continue trying to achieve a larger goal, which isn't that many in the grand scheme of things. In conclusion, my post may be a little untidy with the structure but the gist of it is is that, warbands don't nessacrily change too much, sure they make the game easier, but as we progress, everything will eventually evolve, and do just that - get easier.

Swarlly.png

Warbands has a greater impact on the hiscores than SoF, but a far less negative one.

I think it's far more negative because anyone can do warbands

It's the equivalent of the US government printing and handing out $72 (3 hours of labor for the average American) to every citizen. That's a lot more devastating than the government printing $1000 for a hundred or so people.

Letting people buy xp doesn't let them buy achievements. When someone buys 200m divination, they aren't taken seriously and they get no satisfaction from it, unless they're that kind of socially awkward beta male who gets off whenever they can say "umad bro". It doesn't affect anyone else's achievements.

Warbands should not affect anyone`s achievements either, yet you imply they do. 

Warbands devalues experience in skills. It does this because the achievments (lv99, 200m) are infinitely easier for everyone to get. SoF devalues XP to an extent, but it is less impactful because only people who have enough $$ can buy that amount of XP. Warbands is a repeatable activity that anyone in game can participate in. This has essentially reduced the value of all other content that creates XP in those skills.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Warbands devalue xp in 5 skills.

What's your stance on ba'ing/sc'ing skills. Exactly the same as warbands as your gaining xp without training the skill....

I think people forget that with out these "OP"  training methods 200m all skills would be an unrealistic goal for most....

What's your stance on ba'ing/sc'ing skills. Exactly the same as warbands as your gaining xp without training the skill....

I think people forget that with out these "OP"  training methods 200m all skills would be an unrealistic goal for most....

That's not what I have a problem with. I have a problem with hyperinflation.

• Like 2

That's not what I have a problem with. I have a problem with hyperinflation.

Take rc for example was ~30k pre zmi and is now 130k at runespan, that is a 4 times increase. Mining the most efficient skill to wb use to be 250k- 275k mining (because smith/mage would be reached as at the same time as 200m mine). Taking that into account that means that mining has only only increased by 4 times, same amount as rc. The problem with wbs was that smith/mine received a huge increase at once, rather then being spread across several years like other skills.

Hours to 200m rc before runespan: 2671

Hours to 200m rc currently: 1558

Hours to 200m mining before warbands: 1700

Hours to 200m mining after warbands: 133

I get that skills get faster. That's an important part of the game. Making a skill 14 times faster and making it take essentially no time is different.

By the way, the productivity of superheating was like 160k at most (remember that magic xp/hour was basically worthless).

I get that skills get faster. That's an important part of the game. Making a skill 14 times faster and making it take essentially no time is different.

By the way, the productivity of superheating was like 160k at most (remember that magic xp/hour was basically worthless).

You've manlipulated the figures in you advantage....

I get your point but let me fix your figures:

Agreed on that one.

However I worked mining out as

Hours to 200m mining before warbands: 888

I lowered the mining rate to 225k p/hr, just so it was in your advantage. I got this rate because mining was a multi-skill before wbs. So 1hr of mining also included ~75k smith & ~75k mage. Don't discount mage because you view it as "worthless" as this is your opinion. Fact is 200m mining also ='ed 200mage/200smith at the same time so you have to take that into account.

I got an increase 6.01, not "14". Also farm/herb/con were not affected. Smith was increased by 4. But you also need to account that you need to spend 400hrs (glacors) getting 200m mage since your not superheating gold.

Warbands should not affect anyone`s achievements either, yet you imply they do. 

Warbands devalues experience in skills. It does this because the achievments (lv99, 200m) are infinitely easier for everyone to get. SoF devalues XP to an extent, but it is less impactful because only people who have enough $$ can buy that amount of XP. Warbands is a repeatable activity that anyone in game can participate in. This has essentially reduced the value of all other content that creates XP in those skills.

You are thinking close mindedly about what I stated. Warbands should not affect anyone's previous achievements or current achievements, devaluation should not change the mind set someone has on a an achievement. Does getting 200m fishing with SC or 200m agi also devalue experience? From your view, yes. But, it should not devalue anyone's achievements because either way, warbands, SC, BA, or not, you still achieved something; and efficiently at that. 

Would be like saying people with 200m RC at span didn't achieve the same thing as someone who ran runes. As I've stated, the game is evolving and everything will become faster. Do I completely agree with the amount of exp Warbands gives? Not really, but you need to accept RS will get faster and new methods will arise and as that happens, I guess some individuals will find their exps devalued. 

Swarlly.png

Agreed on that one.

I lowered the mining rate to 225k p/hr, just so it was in your advantage. I got this rate because mining was a multi-skill before wbs. So 1hr of mining also included ~75k smith & ~75k mage. Don't discount mage because you view it as "worthless" as this is your opinion. Fact is 200m mining also ='ed 200mage/200smith at the same time so you have to take that into account.

I got an increase 6.01, not "14". Also farm/herb/con were not affected. Smith was increased by 4. But you also need to account that you need to spend 400hrs (glacors) getting 200m mage since your not superheating gold.

I could spend an hour picking apart every logical flaw in your argument, but I think I'll leave it as an exercise for you to do on your own time. On a quick read-through I counted 8 incredibly concerning errors. I hope you become a better person out of this.

Much reason. 400 hours + 133 hours to achieve relatively the same thing that previous mining would produce (mining + magic). Mining 200 pre warbands (888 hours which = 200m mage/smith). Now 533. Just over 1.5% actual increase in exp/time, far less than the affect runespan had. 

Swarlly.png

Still mildly amused by the fact that people never seem to realize that "devaluation" of achievements is inevitable in RS. Yet they still choose to pursue those achievements, and then whine about it anyway. I guess they're still clinging to the hope that they can have their cake and eat it too someday. >_>

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Agreed on that one.

I could spend an hour picking apart every logical flaw in your argument, but I think I'll leave it as an exercise for you to do on your own time. On a quick read-through I counted 8 incredibly concerning errors. I hope you become a better person out of this.

I did :) My post here pretty much shows your limited knowledge of how multi-skilling works and how you don't account the time for other 200m's if you're wb'ing 200m mining.

EDIT: Had a look at your runetracker history. Smith/mine/magic was never done at the same time :/ So much for being ee's dep owner

Edited by Warband Prod
  • Like 3

Skills have value precisely because they're rare. They're rare because they're challenging. As soon as you make your type of argument, it defeats the purpose of even going for just that. The whole reason people go for 200m's in slow skills is to have something that is unique, something that very few other people have. If it ever becomes a realistic goal for most, it loses all value for those that are seeking an extra challenge and so they must look elsewhere instead. Slow 200m's are for a very particular market of players that want to distinguish themselves through hard work.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim