200M in all Skills

Makilio

One thing I've not seen mentioned on this thread is using penguins to train slower skills slightly. It generally takes 10-15 minutes to find all 10 penguins + the polar bear. I'll use 20 minutes as a base to account for world hopping. exchanging points and the occasional nasty penguin should you choose to find it such as ones found in the elven quarry.

At level 99, penguins give 39,600 exp per week. At 20 minutes a session, this equates to 118,800 exp per hour.

Now although these experience gains are quite low, over a period of 5 years this is over 10M experience in your chosen skill. The experience rate generally used for agility appears to be 101k PH (taken from Xen's calculator). At 20 minutes a session in 5 years you gained approximately 10,296,000 experience in agility in 86 hours and 40 minutes. Had you trained agility the standard ways, this much experience would have taken almost 102 hours.

So, penguins can save over 3 hours a year when it comes to training agility even when generous times given to find all the penguins are used. I choose agility because I get the impression people aiming to max all skills will train agility at the agility courses at some point so the experience rate is directly relevant. Also provides an alternate way of training for people who don't particularly enjoy skills which train at under 118,800 exp PH.

May seem fairly negligible but hey, everyone here seems to enjoy ultimate efficiency so thought I'd throw it out there.

Yes; penguins and the circus agility/magic performances are all worth doing :) (if you don't max magic entirely during other skills)

And before someone mentions it. 101k agil is with ba horn based on 4 hours to fill the horn and the xp gained using the horn at 95-97 agility (because I can't find any figures on the xp it gives at higher levels)

I emptied a Penance horn at 11.4M Agiility exp without interruption, and that gave me a total of 1,380,253 experience. It is possible that at level 99, it would give a total of 1.4M experience, but it is also possible that this is level independant, and thus it would give a total of 1.38M experience(the 253 experience would be the bit extra that you get from completing the course without the horning being able to provide that much experience, so it would provide part of the experience as double). It took a total of 224 minutes to fill, but that is with the best of the best on the team and no interruptions. In my years of playing BA, I have found that it is hard to play the ten to twelve rounds needed to completely fill the horn continuously. People tend to leave and come back, and it is hard to find friends who are good enough to provide this high rate if you haven't been playing for a long time and have "connections". On the other hand, the Barbarian course is right next door. So I guess you could play until someone has to leave and you can't find a replacement, then do Agility, and then go back to BA when you can assemble a decent team again.

Again, you need the rare connections to play BA at an efficient rate for Agility. It is hard to find dedicated BA players if you are just getting started at playing BA, because it is a rather elitist group who don't easily accept outsiders. A long time ago(before the horn came out), it was more common to play round after round. These days people tend to play one or just a few rounds and then go do something else. I guess the best way to do it is just play BA whenever the opportunity arises to do it efficiently, seeing as it is right next to the Agility course anyway. Even if you can't use the horn all the time, it may be helpful to at least use it for part of your experience gains, seeing as it can only win time and not lose any(as long as you only do it when you have the chance to do it at maximum efficiency). So: not realistic to use the horn rate as a continuous experience rate, but it would boost your experience a bit from not using the horn at all if you did it the way I just suggested. Hope that helps.

Could you perhaps answer my question of what the hourly experience rate of C2 Woodcutting is? Thank you in advance.

Sorry don't pay much attention to names- meant Thai's calculator as opposed to Xen's, sorry! (I think)

I personally find if you're combat level 120+ it's easy to find an alright BA team if you play during busy periods. For at least attacking and collecting it takes little practice to become a decent player so it shouldn't be too hard to hold a team for at least one round. Maybe not a perfect team, but still a decent team. I can't quite recall the exact maximum boost-less experience rate per hour for agility but I'll take it at 72,000- can't remember the last 3 digits. Shall also assume the horn holds 1.4m experience at level 99 agility.

It would take 19.4 hours to get 1.4M agility experience without the horn, or 9.7 hours to get it once the horn is full. If you can fill the horn without the other 9.7 hours, the horn is definitely worth it. This is definitely achievable using just "alright" teams considering a good team for the whole 0-100% period takes about 4 hours as said above.

Clearly it's most efficient to play only with the best teams but as you say, this would be an unrealistic assumption even if you were to train other skills during low-periods when the horn is empty and making the most of the opportunities. While I generally agree with what you are saying I would argue it's more logical to play Barbarian Assault even in times where the near-perfect teams aren't available if the only other option is training agility straight-ly because the rate needed for horn filling to become more efficient than straight training is remarkably low. Only in very very inexperienced teams should it take more than 9.7 hours to completely fill a horn from scratch.

I agree it's unrealistic to use 101k as a long-term rate however the calculator is entirely hypothetical so doesn't really matter. Not bashing the rate, just pointing out that the penance horn is nearly always more efficient than just purely training agility.

Sorry don't pay much attention to names- meant Thai's calculator as opposed to Xen's, sorry! (I think)

I personally find if you're combat level 120+ it's easy to find an alright BA team if you play during busy periods. For at least attacking and collecting it takes little practice to become a decent player so it shouldn't be too hard to hold a team for at least one round. Maybe not a perfect team, but still a decent team. I can't quite recall the exact maximum boost-less experience rate per hour for agility but I'll take it at 72,000- can't remember the last 3 digits. Shall also assume the horn holds 1.4m experience at level 99 agility.

It would take 19.4 hours to get 1.4M agility experience without the horn, or 9.7 hours to get it once the horn is full. If you can fill the horn without the other 9.7 hours, the horn is definitely worth it. This is definitely achievable using just "alright" teams considering a good team for the whole 0-100% period takes about 4 hours as said above.

Clearly it's most efficient to play only with the best teams but as you say, this would be an unrealistic assumption even if you were to train other skills during low-periods when the horn is empty and making the most of the opportunities. While I generally agree with what you are saying I would argue it's more logical to play Barbarian Assault even in times where the near-perfect teams aren't available if the only other option is training agility straight-ly because the rate needed for horn filling to become more efficient than straight training is remarkably low. Only in very very inexperienced teams should it take more than 9.7 hours to completely fill a horn from scratch.

I agree it's unrealistic to use 101k as a long-term rate however the calculator is entirely hypothetical so doesn't really matter. Not bashing the rate, just pointing out that the penance horn is nearly always more efficient than just purely training agility.

Well, I have played a hell load of BA and know a hell load of people who are very good at it. I have found it hard to fill the horn in less than four and a half hours, and almost impossible to do it consistently within four hours. You should remember that it takes a while to get a team together, and people lag out or have to leave in the middle and then you are stuck with noobs in world 6 because there are rarely ever replacements in the middle of a round. The only way to get the horn filled in under five hours(which is the point at which it would be just as efficient to do straight agility) is to play with decent teams all the time. It usually takes 11 or 12 rounds to fill it, which would come down at 26 minutes per round if you have five hours time and are dividing by 11.5 hours as an average time. Take into account that when I filled the horn in 224 minutes, we got lucky(yes that is a factor, runners and healers can run a bit) and we didn't stop for one second. This comes down to about 21 minute rounds, seeing as it was full at ten and a half rounds in. All these factors combined make the pure number-efficient side of this method highly doubtful. Theory is one thing, but practise is a whole other thing.

It would be worth considering if you could do 24 minute rounds. I challenge you to play at least ten rounds in a row(and it will usually be eleven and a half) without going above that. You will see that it is almost impossible to be more efficient using the horn than when doing straight agility. That being said, you will be playing BA half the time and doing Agility half the time. Even if you were to break even at 5 hours to fill the horn, you would be less bored seeing as you are only running around the agility course half the time of what you normally would be. That was the major factor for me to use the horn; boredom. It's why using mini-games for skills is such a nice option. =]

It would be worth considering if you could do 24 minute rounds. I challenge you to play at least ten rounds in a row(and it will usually be eleven and a half) without going above that. You will see that it is almost impossible to be more efficient using the horn than when doing straight agility. That being said, you will be playing BA half the time and doing Agility half the time. Even if you were to break even at 5 hours to fill the horn, you would be less bored seeing as you are only running around the agility course half the time of what you normally would be. That was the major factor for me to use the horn; boredom. It's why using mini-games for skills is such a nice option. =]

He said you're break even if you can fill the horn in 9.7 hours. So it would always be efficient since filling it never takes that long unless the teams are REALLY bad.

Also one large reason I'm trying to get rich again is so I can get some friends who love dg to key for me so I can sit at homebase just afking :) I would pay people good money to do that. So maybe I can actually get 120 dg! I will try this after 200m farming in a few months. I'm definitely willing to pay 1 to 2m a dungeon.

Don't really know much about dungeoneering so correct me if I'm wrong, but with a really good team it would be 2-3 dungeons per hour which would be (at 1m per dungeon) 2-3m per hour. When you said "1 to 2m per dungeon" I assume this is split between the players (i.e. 250k ea) as 1m each would just be insanely gracious". What is the xp/hr for dungoneering? 250k xp/hr? If so then thats 2-3m spent per 250k xp which means 200m would cost 1.5-2.2B. At 2m per dungeon that'd be 3-4.5B. Even at 200k (and not 250k) it would be 1.9-2.8B to 200m at 1m per dungeon. 1m per dungeon isn't too bad of a price for a 200m. I guess dungeoneering really is a skill (and no longer minigame) as it can be buyable :P And lets not forget your team mates would make 100s of m for getting 200m. I'd really like to see you do this

Guys after the first person maxes out all skills I think we should all suggest he starts a new account and tries to get 200m in all skills in the shortest amount of time

Yeah of course thought about that but I think I might prepare for new skills instead, 200M in all skills is a never ending goal unless they decide to stop making new skills and never know when runescape is going to end. Also thought about getting 200M in all skills in rsc but still long road to go.

I hope that was sarcasm because getting 200m in all skills is hard enough, but doing it twice over is just crazy. Doing it on classic is even crazier. If anyone could do it, it would be you, but the supply just isnt there. You'd have to be completely self sufficient meaning skills like prayer, herblaw and crafting would take literally ages.

I know people who paid 75m/1m Dungeoneering xp (7.5m/dungeon doing warpeds). So I think it would be very nice if someone keyed for that price, because you're better off doing frosts to be honest.

@Paperbag, Bu11seye asked me to post for him. Add Christopher in-game, they are willing to key for $.

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

Well, I have played a hell load of BA and know a hell load of people who are very good at it. I have found it hard to fill the horn in less than four and a half hours, and almost impossible to do it consistently within four hours. You should remember that it takes a while to get a team together, and people lag out or have to leave in the middle and then you are stuck with noobs in world 6 because there are rarely ever replacements in the middle of a round. The only way to get the horn filled in under five hours(which is the point at which it would be just as efficient to do straight agility) is to play with decent teams all the time. It usually takes 11 or 12 rounds to fill it, which would come down at 26 minutes per round if you have five hours time and are dividing by 11.5 hours as an average time. Take into account that when I filled the horn in 224 minutes, we got lucky(yes that is a factor, runners and healers can run a bit) and we didn't stop for one second. This comes down to about 21 minute rounds, seeing as it was full at ten and a half rounds in. All these factors combined make the pure number-efficient side of this method highly doubtful. Theory is one thing, but practise is a whole other thing.

Could you perhaps answer my question of what the hourly experience rate of C2 Woodcutting is? Thank you in advance.

Thankyou for that info. I'll use your 97-98 figure instead. Although that's only 20k higher than the 95-97 figure so the xp rate is 102k/hr now :P

1 little known fact about the penace horn is that it fills faster if you do waves 1-4 then reset. Possibly fewer waves than that is better but you spend some time resetting.

As for C2 wc. I heard it was 80k/hr. I don't think it got nerfed like fishing did.

Thankyou for that info. I'll use your 97-98 figure instead.

1 little known fact about the penace horn is that it fills faster if you do waves 1-4 then reset. Possibly fewer waves than that is better but you spend some time resetting.

As for C2 wc. I heard it was 80k/hr. I don't think it got nerfed like fishing did.

That is a myth. I was one of the persons who tested the amount of pts to fill the horn, with Vase7 and E Steep, we determined that it takes ~6750 points to fill up the horn, It would be more efficient to do all 10 (9 without queen?) waves instead of wave 1-4.

@Redorok, I played almost daily with RoteRosen and Marc o Polo, and I could fill the horn in less than 5 hours consistently, just tele out with the Lunar teleport spell to the Barbarian Agility arena if you don't have a team, empty your horn, and wait for a friend to log on. If he makes the team and you run in as a 5th place (I used to be the Defender, so the 5th spot was perfect), I would barely lose time playing BA.

Oscar.png

@Try:

Hmmm I don't know how I got it in my head that it would take only 15 hours to get 1.4M straight Agility exp, it's obviously 20 hours... I guess it is always worth it then. :-o Would take about 20 hours without horn and around 15 with it, indeed. And that's counting 5 hours for filling the horn, which is pretty realistic to use as a constant figure. 26 minute rounds are very possible with a good team. Thank you for the correction, I didn't realise I was assuming the wrong starting figures for straight agility; they were way off, too!

@Thai:

Not a problem, and thank you for the rates. I guess it is best to just do straight C2 Fishing then, and just do pines for Woodcutting and not bother with it inside Daemonheim.

It would be logical if at level 99, a full horn gave a neat 1.4M exp. It seems to save you around 25% of the time spent when using the realistic 5 hours to fill the horn(4 hours is way too fast, it is almost impossible to do that for 11 rounds+ straight, time and time again, especially without the best teams). From this I would conclude that 95k an hour is a bit more realistic than 101k, but 101k is certainly possible; even a bit more. Also, there have been some experiments with using lower waves to fill up the horn, but nothing really conclusive ever came out of that. A lot of people said things, but I have never heard any figures about this from someone I know is telling the truth. Someone once told me to do waves 1-6, but after three tries that was 15-20% slower than full rounds. Mind you, this was quite some time ago. Jagex tweaks little invisible things every now and then without telling us. I know for sure that they have made some little changes to BA a few months ago(the runners started reacting differently to the same strategies), so the way of filling the horn(which is practically invisible) might be one of them.

Hope that helps. :-)

@Mihaly:

I'm glad you seem to understand the predicaments of getting a team together. I totally agree that it would be far better to be quick to get to the agility course when you can't get someone, and then just continue playing when you get a team together, instead of just standing around getting a team together to fill the horn completely in one go. I think it would be very easily possible to fill the horn in four and a half hours consistently with a good team, the five hours are just a very wide estimate because not all people will be able to get a pro team. I also think you are right in the waves 1-10(or rather 1-9, seeing as queen doesn't give as many points for the time spent) to be the fastest way to get the horn full. Many people have said things about other strategies, but they had no proof. Your option, in my experience, is the most efficient one. I should point out, though, that I only filled the horn three times for Agility, and then once more just to get it topped up if I ever needed it in the future. The average of filling it up came in at 258 minutes, which is just within the aforementioned four and a half hours. This is a very very very small experiment though(only three samples), and this was with a team that didn't quit before our horns were full, nor did we stand around even one second. It is also very strange that one time I am able to fill it in under four hours, and other times it would take over four and a half. I don't have the log of the round times anymore, but they were about the same if I recall correctly. Of course, if filling the horn is pointbased(thank you for being vague, Jagex), then this could be due to the healers or collectors doing a better job at raking those few extra points in. This would seem logical seeing as it sometimes takes 10 rounds and a bit, but mostly 11 and a half rounds to 12 rounds to fill the horn.

Marco is actually a very good friend of mine, by the way. ;-) He was once a captain under me in our BA clan!

Btw penance horn for firemaking is not worth it.

[hide]

A horn gives 3,560k xp (90-95) or 1780k bonus. The time saved on firemaking is 1780/473= 3.8 hours

At max rate and for a 4 hour filling the horn would need to give 3784k which seems too high[/hide]

[hide]

A horn gives 3,560k xp (90-95) or 1780k bonus. The time saved on firemaking is 1780/473= 3.8 hours

At max rate and for a 4 hour filling the horn would need to give 3784k which seems too high[/hide]

In terms of pure efficiency, i.e. for getting 200Ms, BA is not worth it for firemaking. However, speaking personally, I'd rather BA for 5 hours than firemake for 4. Firemaking's boring.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

[hide]

In terms of pure efficiency, i.e. for getting 200Ms, BA is not worth it for firemaking. However, speaking personally, I'd rather BA for 5 hours than firemake for 4. Firemaking's boring.

speak for yourself

[hide]

I trained 7m Firemaking xp in less than 2 days (school days) to get 99 Firemaking. Completely worth it even though I might have wasted an hour. :P

Oscar.png

Latley i've been trying out the arctic pines, and i have a question.

If you've tried the method, did you drop or use on the log pile? I've done both and tbh i think using on the pile is faster(only when invent is full), idk if anyone has tested properly.

Also, keep up the pace Suomi, very fast, and to everyone else in the top 15 who is active, keep it up :)

The420Farmer.png

If you've tried the method, did you drop or use on the log pile? I've done both and tbh i think using on the pile is faster(only when invent is full), idk if anyone has tested properly.

You don't really need to dedicate time to split them.

You don't really need to dedicate time to split them.

I didn't think it added time, just xp seeing as you do it inbetween logs, sort of like bolts with teaks - sorry if that's not what you ment

The420Farmer.png

silly people need to know what their talking abuot before jumping to conculsions

ba horn gives roughly same agil and mine xp, however it gives about 3.5m fm xp, so yea it lasts longer on fm

And Firemaking gives more experience per hour than Mining or Agility. Doing straight Firemaking would get you more experience than filling up the horn and using it. Firemaking at peak efficiency is over 450k per hour, so it would only take about 8.5 hours to get the experience from a full horn, doing straight Firemaking. It takes around 4.5 hours to fill the horn and another 4.25 to empty it, at a total of 8.75 hours, and that is being generous to the horn(I cut the Fm experience rate a bit).

So as you can see, no-one was unknowing of what they were talking about. That it gives more exp doesn't mean it's worth it, seeing as the experience rates for Fm are far higher than that of Agility. You can basically get exp with straight Fm faster than you can get enough horn potential+Fm it up to get the same exp, as you can see from above calculation.

Should be worth noting that firemaking with horn is about 50% cheaper also. Getting that 3560k xp without horn will cost ~7.4m more. So if you save 0.25 hours not using the horn, you would have to value your time at like 30m/hr.

Should be worth noting that firemaking with horn is about 50% cheaper also. Getting that 3560k xp without horn will cost ~7.4m more. So if you save 0.25 hours not using the horn, you would have to value your time at like 30m/hr.

blah ba sucks

i used ba for mining 96-98 tho it was kewl wouldnt use it for agil/fm to 200m tho if bored an play ba yea its not a waste of time no.

kinda same with sc could just use those hammers on smith /con/craft it would save some gp but wouldnt do it to 200m...like for 99s

StarViv.png

Can someone please link me or basically explain how efficient BA master horns are for agility and mining? Are top players using this for the race to 200M all skills?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Penance_horn

Top players don't use it

With agility it saves 9.7 hours of agility training and takes 4 hours or so to fill.

With mining it saves 5.5 hours on mining and takes 4 or so hours to fill. (Mining is a bit different to agility and firemaking because urn xp is not doubled)

EDIT: The mining doesn't include extra time spent smithing if you are superheating ore.

Can someone please link me or basically explain how efficient BA master horns are for agility and mining? Are top players using this for the race to 200M all skills?

Top players don't use it

With agility it saves 9.7 hours of agility training and takes 4 hours or so to fill.

With mining it saves 5.5 hours on mining and takes 4 or so hours to fill. (Mining is a bit different to agility and firemaking because urn xp is not doubled)

Maybe if could store alot more than that it would be used or if everyone had good ba connections and was good at ba

sc u can get many many pts and then use them all at once(tho its not worth it for training only cashsaving.) with ba u have to keep alternating ba skill ba skill ba skill so harder to keep focused on goal cant play ba for a month and have double exp the next....

urns for mining is sorta useless but if mining/superheating its not that worth it and if mining/afk then it mens mining is afk so its better definately to use on the first 2.

Idk for longterm training i think the lil amount of exp stored is why its annoying to use to keep interuppting goal to play ba

StarViv.png

Top players don't use it

sc u can get many many pts and then use them all at once(tho its not worth it for training only cashsaving.) with ba u have to keep alternating ba skill ba skill ba skill so harder to keep focused on goal cant play ba for a month and have double exp the next....

urns for mining is sorta useless but if mining/superheating its not that worth it and if mining/afk then it mens mining is afk so its better definately to use on the first 2.

Personally I like switching between sc and skill because doing 1 thing for too long gets boring. I you formed a permanent BA team, perhaps all going for 99 mining, you wouldn't have to spend time finding teams and playing with noobs.

Urns add 15k/hr if you are superheating or low alching. If you are afk'ing then urns make you need to bank more and if you bring too many urns you will fill up your inv fast and will miss some mining when you come back from afk.

EDIT: Its barely worth it for mining if you superheat

[hide]The horn gives 1200k total xp at 99. If we take a sample of gaining 1200k the time saved on mining is

1200/100 - 1200/185= 5.51

The smithing xp gained per hour of mining is the same whether you use a horn or not but if you consider getting 200m mining you will clearly have to smith more addy plates after mining if you get lots of free mining xp.

Each hour you mine 85k xp worth of ore.

Without the horn you would get 1200x (85/100) x (56.2/65)= 882k smithing

With the horn 1200x (85/185) x (56.2/65)= 477k smith

The time lost on smithing is

477/285 - 882/285 = 1.42

Overall skilling time saved = 5.51- 1.42= 4.09

If you fill the horn in 4 hours then you save 0.09 hours (5 mins) in 4 +1200/185 + 477/285= 12.2 hours

Which is a 0.7% decrease[/hide]

That is a myth. I was one of the persons who tested the amount of pts to fill the horn, with Vase7 and E Steep, we determined that it takes ~6750 points to fill up the horn, It would be more efficient to do all 10 (9 without queen?) waves instead of wave 1-4.

@Redorok, I played almost daily with RoteRosen and Marc o Polo, and I could fill the horn in less than 5 hours consistently, just tele out with the Lunar teleport spell to the Barbarian Agility arena if you don't have a team, empty your horn, and wait for a friend to log on. If he makes the team and you run in as a 5th place (I used to be the Defender, so the 5th spot was perfect), I would barely lose time playing BA.

How did you test it? Did you verify that the amount a wave fills it does change depending on how many points you would have gotten?

I have heard several different ways to fill it. Waves 1-4 or 1-5 or 1-6 or 1-10.

pere_grin.png