200M in all Skills

Makilio

Btw penance horn for firemaking is not worth it.

[hide]

A horn gives 3,560k xp (90-95) or 1780k bonus. The time saved on firemaking is 1780/473= 3.8 hours

At max rate and for a 4 hour filling the horn would need to give 3784k which seems too high[/hide]

In terms of pure efficiency, i.e. for getting 200Ms, BA is not worth it for firemaking. However, speaking personally, I'd rather BA for 5 hours than firemake for 4. Firemaking's boring.

I trained 7m Firemaking xp in less than 2 days (school days) to get 99 Firemaking. Completely worth it even though I might have wasted an hour. :P

Fm at 450k xp/h is 15.5 hours without the horn to get that 7m xp thats not even 8 hours/day on school days without the horn =p

aribiterspar3.png

Just in case anyone doesn't know, here's a trick to make the queen a lot faster.

When there's an omega egg in the hopper, even just one, if everyone clicks at the same time it will shoot one egg for eah person. So, the tram just gets two eggs ready. After that, everyone but the collector spam clicks the omega egg on the cannon interface thing. When the collector puts two eggs in, it will shoot eight, killing the queen.

Sorry if there's typos, typed on my phone.

2s0cxth.png

Yeah imo you have to enjoy the minigame without the rewards if you want to do it for a longggggggg time. That doesn't only go for BA. If you don't plan to play with any enjoyment out of the game itself, it's hard to be good at. You have to want to be the best, and then you are automatically most efficient.

And Blake, I've never heard that. Then again, I haven't played in a year.

That is a myth. I was one of the persons who tested the amount of pts to fill the horn, with Vase7 and E Steep, we determined that it takes ~6750 points to fill up the horn, It would be more efficient to do all 10 (9 without queen?) waves instead of wave 1-4.

@Redorok, I played almost daily with RoteRosen and Marc o Polo, and I could fill the horn in less than 5 hours consistently, just tele out with the Lunar teleport spell to the Barbarian Agility arena if you don't have a team, empty your horn, and wait for a friend to log on. If he makes the team and you run in as a 5th place (I used to be the Defender, so the 5th spot was perfect), I would barely lose time playing BA.

How did you test it? Did you verify that the amount a wave fills it does change depending on how many points you would have gotten?

I have heard several different ways to fill it. Waves 1-4 or 1-5 or 1-6 or 1-10.

2 attackers, defenders, collectors, healers. 1 with an empty horn, 1 doing points. We would write down the points until the horn was full.

@Arib, I actually do my homework without RS. :wall:

@Blake, I have played BA for over 3 months, just for my enjoyment. And I can assure you that that is complete [carrot]. <_<

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

That is a myth. I was one of the persons who tested the amount of pts to fill the horn, with Vase7 and E Steep, we determined that it takes ~6750 points to fill up the horn, It would be more efficient to do all 10 (9 without queen?) waves instead of wave 1-4.

@Redorok, I played almost daily with RoteRosen and Marc o Polo, and I could fill the horn in less than 5 hours consistently, just tele out with the Lunar teleport spell to the Barbarian Agility arena if you don't have a team, empty your horn, and wait for a friend to log on. If he makes the team and you run in as a 5th place (I used to be the Defender, so the 5th spot was perfect), I would barely lose time playing BA.

How did you test it? Did you verify that the amount a wave fills it does change depending on how many points you would have gotten?

I have heard several different ways to fill it. Waves 1-4 or 1-5 or 1-6 or 1-10.

2 attackers, defenders, collectors, healers. 1 with an empty horn, 1 doing points. We would write down the points until the horn was full.

@Blake, I have played BA for over 3 months, just for my enjoyment. And I can assure you that that is complete [carrot]. <_<

Nope, you're wrong. Blake is very much right in what he is trying to say.

There was a system update recently that affected how the queen kills worked, you were able to kill the queen using 'invisible' omega eggs, all you had to do, was put 1 stun egg in the hopper, and everyone spammed clicked the omega egg option (you didn't even need omega eggs).

So Jagex went and patched this. Now, it's possible to kill the queen with 1-2 eggs depending how much people spam click. You make 2 omega eggs. Everyone apart from the collector starts spam clicking the fire option for omega eggs. The collector would 'use' one 1 omega egg on the hopper. Usually wiith people who understand this, it'll only take 1 egg. However, just incase the 1 egg doesn't work. You have the second as back up.

The new barb assault addicts waves 1-10 record is 16:23 (old record being 19mins ish before queen update). You can easily casually play 20 mins max for waves 1-10.

The findings between BA addicts and vase intrigue me. Where as Vase found out set points are needed, BA addicts claimed that each wave gave a set exp potential, with higher waves giving more. Either way, higher waves = more horn potential.

I think with the queen update, it's actually faster to do waves 1-10 with a competent team than to do waves 1-5, or 1-6 and then reset.

So when going for 200m exp in agility or mining, it's very time effective provided you have a decent team willing to play BA with you, or you use your time not playing BA efficiently. As mentioned before, it's probably not worth it for firemaking just because of how fast firemaking really is anyway.

Ok. The thing about that is that it seems like the horn fills depending on the difficulty of the wave, not how well you do in it. With your testing, you were all probably getting roughly the same score every wave. If you were finished each game by getting approximately the same number of points, then it could be the horn filling because you completed enough waves for all the difficulty levels. And you may have been just getting roughly the same number of points each time because your team was reliably good at BA.

@Torstol

Higher waves also take longer. So even though they might give more horn potential if BAA is correct, it still might take too long to do them. The reason I heard waves 1-5 or something like that is good is because it offers the greatest difficulty increase per wave (wave 5 is much more difficult then wave 4, but wave 9 isn't that much harder then wave 8).

You can complete waves 1-5 in less then 1 minute each, so counting 15 seconds or so between waves you could theoretically finish waves 1-5 three to four times in the time it takes another team to finish one full game.

pere_grin.png

Well, seeing as I did it on four queens yesterday, I can assure you that it is not complete... carrot? <_<

2s0cxth.png

Well, seeing as I did it on four queens yesterday, I can assure you that it is not complete... carrot? <_<

Oh, sorry for my mistake then. I thought that after the 'suicide coll' glitch, Jagex learned from their mistakes. :ugeek:

Oscar.png

Didn't know about the queen update, didn't play for over a year as I said. Ty for the information. =] About filling up the horn; I find it hard to believe that a wave gives a set amount of potential. I started from wave 1, filling up my horn several times. One time it would come up at 10.5 rounds, then at 11.5, then at 11 etc. If it were the case a wave gave set potential, this would not be erratic. Then again, I "passionately agree" with robertr1... Jagex have a habit of not telling us things or being vague when there is no reason not to tell us more precisely. I guess we will never know, seeing as you would have to have thousands of reliable samples of people keeping points and emptying the horn several times over. At the moment, I find it most likely that points do affect filling the horn, especially because the queen doesn't seem to give much potential, even though it is the highest wave, which would make sense pointswise.

@Torstol:

Round record was not 19 minutes before that update. It has been under 17 minutes for months, if not over a year. I'd have to check for the exact time and the people who set it, but I'm sure it was well under 19 minutes a long time ago.

^

Shows how hard it would be to fill the horn in four hours consistently. =]

Oh, sorry for my mistake then. I thought that after the 'suicide coll' glitch, Jagex learned from their mistakes. :ugeek:

No problem. Just posted it to help people fill horns faster, and it seems a lot of people didn't know about it so it did help.

2s0cxth.png

I really wish jagex would just tell us how things work instead of having to go through extensive research to find out.....

Thats half the fun ^^

I was about to say that! lol

OT: telmo is back and gained 1mil hunter today.

@Torstol:

Round record was not 19 minutes before that update. It has been under 17 minutes for months, if not over a year. I'd have to check for the exact time and the people who set it, but I'm sure it was well under 19 minutes a long time ago.

^

I heard someone [i believe it was Marco] say that the record was around 14 minutes.

Oscar.png

As for C2 wc. I heard it was 80k/hr. I don't think it got nerfed like fishing did.

Sorry for the late response but... c2 wcing is around 130k an hour if you only do f1-4 and re-enter(skip bosses if they would take more time) and around 100k an hour if you do the floors as c1's. And yes, i think all low complexity resources got a 0.75x nerf(figures assume primal axe bind).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

@Torstol:

^

I heard someone [i believe it was Marco] say that the record was around 14 minutes.

I play loads of ba games with ba addicts and love to do races with them, constant <18mins rounds.

@ normal games <20mins is very common even if you have to take a noob w6'er.

the 14mins record however isn't a record since it involved bugabusing where you were able to fire omega eggs as soon as queen spawns (or any other kind of egg for that matter, you just had to put 1 egg in and you could fire any other kind simply by clicking it and then clicking continue at the warning message saying: there are no egg of that kind in the cannon) this bug has been fixed. But now you can spamm eggs and eaisly 1 egg queen or spamm red eggs on runners/healers.

ps: funny thing, i am Marco ... irl ;) (which he prolly is too, god i envy his displayname, once saw him ingame also)

@Torstol:

^

I play loads of ba games with ba addicts and love to do races with them, constant <18mins rounds.

@ normal games <20mins is very common even if you have to take a noob w6'er.

the 14mins record however isn't a record since it involved bugabusing where you were able to fire omega eggs as soon as queen spawns (or any other kind of egg for that matter, you just had to put 1 egg in and you could fire any other kind simply by clicking it and then clicking continue at the warning message saying: there are no egg of that kind in the cannon) this bug has been fixed. But now you can spamm eggs and eaisly 1 egg queen or spamm red eggs on runners/healers.

ps: funny thing, i am Marco ... irl ;) (which he prolly is too, god i envy his displayname, once saw him ingame also)

Yes, when racing you can do under 20 pretty consistently, but it will be hard to always find teams which can do proper <22 minute rounds if you're going for 200m agility. In this situation it is consistency which is important, not getting a good time one or two times and then standing around talking. But let's get back on topic; this thread isn't about BA and I feel all things relevant to playing BA in this context have been discussed.

@xpx

Thank you for the information. =] I guess it's better to just c2 fish then and skip the trees, doing pines instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-hszwli6s&feature=feedu

This seems like a nice fm method, don't know the xp/hour but might be even to ge fm'ing but a little more relaxed.

That's a nice method. Looks just like teleporting to varrock centre but less tabs used and more money spent on the butler. I'd say its more loss than varrock but more relaxing. It would be faster than varrock if you could get logs without stopping fm'ing.

This seems like a nice fm method, don't know the xp/hour but might be even to ge fm'ing but a little more relaxed.

That's a nice method. Looks just like teleporting to varrock centre but less tabs used and more money spent on the butler. I'd say its more loss than varrock but more relaxing. It would be faster than varrock if you could get logs without stopping fm'ing.

Why would you un-note as opposed to fetching from bank?

Is it faster to un-note items?

capt%20kevin.png

Goes to the list of stupid fm methods. Too many breaks, so it's slower than any method where you start firemaking at bank and ending there. It's also more clicks/money than the method with varrock tele which gertjaars was doing (should be the same speed).

[404] Signature not found.

Why would you un-note as opposed to fetching from bank?

Is it faster to un-note items?

I was just saying that he relights after giving the butler logs to un note which slow him down. Paying the butler has the same effect. If he could avoid relighting then it would definately be better than varrock.

EDIT: I'm not sure that those questions are directed at me but you quoted what I said.

Could a comeback for Lan be on the cards? He/she(sorry unsure) has rebought membership and completed a dungeon 2 days ago but no exp since.

However, I'm guessing just back for easter event even though they haven't completed yet.