200M in all Skills

Makilio

Military service is compulsory in Finland, I haven't had the chance to talk to him about how he is dodging it but if he for some reason doesn't manage to get past it then he could be facing a little trouble, otherwise if he doesn't have to worry about money and housing I trust he will make it, his process so far is without parallel among the rest of the players.

There are a few things that could force suomi to quit

For example?

First thing I thought of was Finance and Health. Anything could happen.

What you mean health? It's perfectly healthy to play a mmorpg for 18 hours a day.

372nd to max total level

game over, suomi wins

Wins what exactly? Imo Aasiwat just won.

That honestly makes no sense. You don't win by not taking part in something.

Using that logic I am better than everyone at everything I have never tried.

His point is that Aasiwat did the sensible thing and decided to concentrate on real life instead of a computer game.

You could say that the only winning move is not to play.

Castle of Zoltar

game over, suomi wins

Wins what exactly? Imo Aasiwat just won.

That honestly makes no sense. You don't win by not taking part in something.

Using that logic I am better than everyone at everything I have never tried.

His point is that Aasiwat did the sensible thing and decided to concentrate on real life instead of a computer game.

You could say that the only winning move is not to play.

I agree, to be honest.

RuneScape most definitely is a magnificent game, but real life definitely is far more important.

I'm not saying that RuneScape is pointless, considering it is for enjoyment, but the fact that one day it literally could just vanish, all the work that you put into it, means that you really shouldn't take the game overly competitive.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

tg is 50m from entering the top 15 so he should tke 15th place from lan in 6-9 days

The next few years will make the game only easier, the most efficient thing to do would be to do buyables/dungeoneering and wait

Nah just log in twice each year for bonus xp :P

I think he meant something unexpected could happen, like him getting ill or hit by a car or something like that.

There are no cars in a basement.

Trololol.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I think he meant something unexpected could happen, like him getting ill or hit by a car or something like that.

There are no cars in a basement.

Trololol.

That'd be an unfortunate accident if there was

Climate.png

I'm going to make a small announcement now that I've held onto the most overall xp title for a year.

I haven't found Runescape so interesting for a while anymore, due to a combination of the way this game is heading, overplaying, and different things to set my mind on. There was a time some years ago (around when I was going for 200m strength without rapier, turmoil, extreme pots, effigies) when I thought I could keep playing this possibly until 200m in all skills. The downfall started for me when Jagex started pumping out the abovementioned assets, culminating in the effigy update that devalued incredible amounts of work for people who had been playing since before that. Since then, Jagex' failing efforts to gain more paying members with bonus xp weekends, free trade and such, eventually leading the way to the RS we see today, where more than half of the accounts online at any given time are bots.

My main point isn't even crying about Jagex though. Over the years I've overplayed myself, sometimes at the cost of more useful activities, but burning out in general happens eventually, and these days I certainly feel that getting out of my room is a higher priority than playing a game where I've done everything there is to do but still keep going at it. I stopped exercising for a few years because I've always been healthy with or without it, but I've started up going to the gym and running again since last summer and now that I don't feel compelled to log into RS, I'll also be sure to make the most out of the outdoor sports activities over the warm season. It may seem like a far-fetched concept if you've been sitting on your ass your entire life, but there is nothing quite like the pleasure from exercise when you are on the right track.

So I am no longer going to be focusing on RS, I've currently settled with my daily tree run and a bit of afking ivy, which is merely a way to pass some time while doing other things on the computer and I really couldn't care less about the xp anymore. With summer comes my severe inactivity as I go spend more time outside and travel, after which I'll begin with my new studies in the autumn and hopefully a new direction in my life. My previous studies turned out not to be the thing for me at all, which is partially why I ended up using RS as a scapegoat. There are always underlying reasons for people grinding this game so excessively - nobody does it purely because it's fun and exciting, not for longer than a certain period of time. Going by the general sentiment I've gotten from many people over time, many more of your 'contenders' could also eventually be expected to join the quitters.

I am thinking about still keeping members until I can reach 200m farming (roughly a year from now assuming I don't skip farm runs) although if I no longer feel like logging on even for 15 minutes I'll just stop whenever. I will certainly continue hanging out in chats to keep in touch with my amazing clan, many of whom I've met in real life anyway.

So yeah, that's it for now. I'm not quitting straight away - I just wanted to post this to clear some things up and hopefully add my two cents to get some other people reconsider their position on how seriously they want to take the game, which seems to reach quite unbelievable proportions when browsing through this topic, for example.

Well Ive been working now for about 6-9months and I dont play runescape as much as I used to its too easy and I dont have the time or the fire for 200m all as I used to, I would love to achieve it as would hate to stop at 2b and not make it

On the other hand Id rather carry on working making friends and getting out

When I got 99 in all skills took me 11months and I never used to talk to my family just lock myself in my room and just no life (was in bad place) now Im moving to my own place full time job and rs is a hobby not a life style

But like allar said everyone has their reasons for being here is just to pass time now when not working or out with friends Ill play rs but wont be more then 10hour less I decide to join skill war

That why I ask to be taken of the lists wile ago as Im not competing and might just get 200m att str def at frosts for lol get 200m pray/con/sum/farm and quit :S

Also Im going to get 20m all skills today :)

I only need 2-3 buyables+10m slay/9mil agil to 30m all so Im go for that maybe

Gl with life allar :)

Suomi for 200m all ily babe<3 come back to bed@

edit: of work cya in 4-8h :D

This might be a bit late but, Aasiwat good luck with whatever you do :thumbsup:

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

I haven't found Runescape so interesting for a while anymore, due to a combination of the way this game is heading, overplaying, and different things to set my mind on. There was a time some years ago (around when I was going for 200m strength without rapier, turmoil, extreme pots, effigies) when I thought I could keep playing this possibly until 200m in all skills. The downfall started for me when Jagex started pumping out the abovementioned assets, culminating in the effigy update that devalued incredible amounts of work for people who had been playing since before that. Since then, Jagex' failing efforts to gain more paying members with bonus xp weekends, free trade and such, eventually leading the way to the RS we see today, where more than half of the accounts online at any given time are bots.

I agree with what you've said here entirely.

This is coming from a player that once loved playing RuneScape (Classic) and then finally getting into RS2 and where I'm at now is simply; I don't feel any "urge" or anything to even log-on, generally the people I met through RS have my phone number or Facebook, etc, so there's no real need to play.

I guess the bottom line is you set your goals no matter what they are (mine being the first pure to max out) when you reach them you feel like there's not much point playing any more, with all the new additions to the game... you could easily make new goals but it's more too "easy" now to reach goals.

Especially with the way how Jagex prefers "new players" to "existing players" (eg; lower to higher updates).

"Orton" might be a contender (in the future). Has 200M Mining (like 30mish smith and 50m magic so didn't do the trio but if he merches he can do it fast with addy or rune plates and barraging crabs or something. Currently he's getting like 8m cook xp per day. :)

omg 8m cocking xp/day so impressive

hmg, 10-11 hr/day

must be no-lifer!

Pro botting no lifer all at the same time.

Just clearing my name for the sake of it.. I don't bot at all I work hard on my account, call me a no lifer all you like though. :>

@Orton - I don't think he was calling you a bot personally I think he was being sarcastic about what some people say when people play that much. "Must be a bot or a nolifer playing that many hours a day"

@Orton - I don't think he was calling you a bot personally I think he was being sarcastic about what some people say when people play that much. "Must be a bot or a nolifer playing that many hours a day"

I get called it alot so just thought i'd let people know anyways. :P

Jdelacroix took back rank 2 in xp from telmomarques, with 3,3m dung xp gained today he is only 1m away from his 8th 200m skill, 200m dungeoneering.

Doubt his rank 2 in xp will last long, since telmo will keep hunting at a very nice pace.

I saw her Thieving today, she's close to 200m Thieving too (roughly 40m xp?)

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

Military service is compulsory in Finland, I haven't had the chance to talk to him about how he is dodging it but if he for some reason doesn't manage to get past it then he could be facing a little trouble, otherwise if he doesn't have to worry about money and housing I trust he will make it, his process so far is without parallel among the rest of the players.

I am not dodging it and it won't be causing me any problems in the future. Money won't be a problem either because I used to work a lot before I started going for 200M in all skills and invested my money and I don't spend much. But I need to be careful that I don't burn myself out and take good care of my health. Of course playing as much as I do isn't healthy no matter how you look at it but I have lots of time for exercising and sleeping even though some people might think otherwise. Slept 12 hours today for example, what a huge exp waste but I love sleeping and it's more important for me and now that summer is coming I will be cycling, running and swimming more. Hopefully I will get the chance to meet you irl too, always had so much respect for you. This thread isn't ment for discussing my personal life but I decided to explain some things.

Too early to say anything yet about who will get 200M in all skills first and if it will ever happen but it doesn't even matter that much. Anything can happen like I have said many times before, you never know about life. I wouldn't say I am winning anything even if I get 200M in all skills first, this is just my own goal and was never my plan to race or pass anyone. I am glad to hear you decided to concentrate on real life instead. We only get to live once so better make the most of it and do the things you really enjoy.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

Very nice posts from both Allar and Suomi.

This should be an incentive to stop with the weekly 'nolife debate' because it just goes to show that these players (and others who have posted before such as Drumgun, Zarfot, and Skiller 703) are self-sufficient and/or care about real life a lot more than people may think.

A13d.png

Jdelacroix took back rank 2 in xp from telmomarques, with 3,3m dung xp gained today he is only 1m away from his 8th 200m skill, 200m dungeoneering.

Doubt his rank 2 in xp will last long, since telmo will keep hunting at a very nice pace.

Jdela is a guy.

Jdela is a guy.

Yes he certainly is, and he is dutch.

I doubt he will get 200m dungeoneering soon because i thought he wanted to achieve 4 200m skills at the same time, like he did previously with 3 (herb, construction and firemaking) and with 2 (fletching and prayer).

So now he might go for dung, thieving, farming and ranging. The last 2 skills in this list could be changed into some other.

backgroundsignature.png

Jd is number 1 again :D i thought that's like a fight now, everyday another at place 1 (telmo or jd)

they both have ~same xp gains(jd has 4m xp more this week) someweek telmo has more xp gains and other week has jd more.

elias should reach 2,5B xp tomorrow or the day after tomorrow xD

Edit: damnt some guys was first posting these information xD