200M in all Skills

Makilio

Paperbag reached 200m experience in herblore

And deleted his entire friendslist

Really? What the... :thumbdown:

yea, he did. And he said me some weeks ago that the next skill would be ranged.

Through slayer or is he going the Gertjaars way?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Paperbag reached 200m experience in herblore

And deleted his entire friendslist

Really? What the... :thumbdown:

yea, he did. And he said me some weeks ago that the next skill would be ranged.

Through slayer or is he going the Gertjaars way?

Chins

Concerning ranging in f2p, you're automatically assuming a rune scimmy will be faster than a maple bow at 99 Str/Range. Just because melee is overpowered in p2p, doesn't mean it's the same in f2p. It may very well be possible that ranging is faster Xp/hr in f2p.

This might be very well possible actually. Maple shortbows have a speed tick of 7, and have a max hit of about 180 or so. Rune scims have a max of about 250, with a speed tick of 6.

Maple shortbow: 33.3 hits in a minute, resulting in 6k dmg/min

Rune scimitar: 25 hits in a minute, resulting in 6.25k dmg/min

This assumes all monsters have 0 def in f2p, hitting max each time. However this is unrealistic, especially with scimitar's max.

So it may be extremely possible ranged has more dps than melee with monsters.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think it's possible. S_U__O__M_I, Drumgun, Gertjaars and the rest of the nolifers could easily do it, if they just keep playing and playing, and playing.

Gertjaars no longer plays fyi.

yeh lol most people that play intend to quit or stop exp grinding after awhile...

StarViv.png

Concerning ranging in f2p, you're automatically assuming a rune scimmy will be faster than a maple bow at 99 Str/Range. Just because melee is overpowered in p2p, doesn't mean it's the same in f2p. It may very well be possible that ranging is faster Xp/hr in f2p.

This might be very well possible actually. Maple shortbows have a speed tick of 7, and have a max hit of about 180 or so. Rune scims have a max of about 250, with a speed tick of 6.

Maple shortbow: 33.3 hits in a minute, resulting in 6k dmg/min

Rune scimitar: 25 hits in a minute, resulting in 6.25k dmg/min

This assumes all monsters have 0 def in f2p, hitting max each time. However this is unrealistic, especially with scimitar's max.

So it may be extremely possible ranged has more dps than melee with monsters.

The "speed ticks" that you are referring to is the diagram on the knowledgebase. Their real tick times in-game are in fact the empty spaces after all the bars. Scimitars hit every 4 ticks and shortbows hit every 3 ticks. There are about 99 ticks/minute(not 100), resulting in 33 shortbow hits and 24.75 hits. Obviously you seem to have taken into account the info from the KB, but apparently didn't mention it in your calculations(some people may be misled by the info provided). Regardless, the rates are still roughly the same and place the 2 very close.

One thing to take into account is that you can start hitting something with Ranged before you arrive at the target to hit with melee. With Ranged, you can expect to always be in combat in every possible tick. With melee, and limited training spots in F2p, that is not usually the case. If you're max combat, you would likely kill everything near you quickly in F2p, thus having to run further out from your spot to find more to kill. Furthermore, anything with a higher max hit in general will have a slightly lower rate than calculated due to occasionally "overkilling" the target, dealing less damage on that killing blow due to the creature lacking the life points. When calculating Damage/Time(DPS is a WoW term and should not be applied to the 600ms+ tick system of RS), you should take the average damage/hit, which would be half the max hit minus any losses from both running(ignoring the first 4 ticks you'd normally have to wait after an attack anyways) and losses from overkilling.

Seeing as your calculations were just estimates of the Max hit, and with the Damage/Time(perhaps we should use DPT - Damage per tick) ratio as close as it is between the two from just those calcs, I think more accurate information on the max hit would be needed.

Perhaps ranged is also best in F2p to help get kills when dealing with competition. Ranged is faster to get an Ice Giant with a noob running around trying to take their kills compared to having to compete against them with a melee weapon as well.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

But with melee, you could be in combat every single tick afking giant spiders as well. There's also a giant mass of them so that might work too.

Ranged also has a limited supply of arrows. You would probably need to restock every few million xp or so. With melee you can just tank all day long.

This melee vs range thing would require extensive testing, and unfortunately I do not have the stats to do so. Perhaps a top f2per can fill us in?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I just spend time editting the previous post I made, reread it. :P

I know, I already read the post.

Thing is, for giant spiders since there are so many of them it is entirely possible for both melee and range to be attacking every single tick. This also means competition is never a problem.

However, because range requires restocking whenever the arrows are all used up, it's more of a hassle. Like I said in the above post, melee enables you the option to stay as long as you like.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I just spend time editting the previous post I made, reread it. :P

I know, I already read the post.

Thing is, for giant spiders since there are so many of them it is entirely possible for both melee and range to be attacking every single tick. This also means competition is never a problem.

However, because range requires restocking whenever the arrows are all used up, it's more of a hassle. Like I said in the above post, melee enables you the option to stay as long as you like.

You can have up to, and over, 2 billion arrows (i don't know the exact number, what's the max number in runescape?).

Good luck running out.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

You can have up to, and over, 2 billion arrows (i don't know the exact number, what's the max number in runescape?).

Good luck running out.

Good luck buying them all >.>

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Good luck running out.

Good luck buying them all >.>

That wasn't part of your original argument. "buying them" is petty and irrelevant when you can put an offer in and train other skills in the mean time.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

But then there's the whole f2p money making thing and lack of avas, so you either have to power range with addy or pick them up constantly. afaik they generally power range with steel but I don't take interest in it, just what I'd heard.

Depends what you mean by best, rune platebodies are (albeit barely) faster xp/hr, despite costing more.

Or dragon platebodies, dragonfire shields, spirit shields and... Yeah, lets be smart about this, not stupid(money doesn't grow on trees, particularly in f2p).

Those are ridiculous comparisons, they are not only P2P but extremely hard to buy in bulk. Money isn't an issue with most of them as well, as they tend to make profit at various times.

Rune platebodies, on the other hand, are just as easy to make in bulk as rune 2h swords or platelegs, and rarely cost much more per bar to make.

10xy5fk.png

Don't forget about the dung scroll which saves quite a lot of bars if you train smithing through the traditional way rather than combining it with mining/magic in lrc. Interesting thread, keep up the good work Langer.

Depends what you mean by best, rune platebodies are (albeit barely) faster xp/hr, despite costing more.

Or dragon platebodies, dragonfire shields, spirit shields and... Yeah, lets be smart about this, not stupid(money doesn't grow on trees, particularly in f2p).

Those are ridiculous comparisons, they are not only P2P but extremely hard to buy in bulk. Money isn't an issue with most of them as well, as they tend to make profit at various times.

Rune platebodies, on the other hand, are just as easy to make in bulk as rune 2h swords or platelegs, and rarely cost much more per bar to make.

Rune 2h swords and platelegs are twice as efficient as rune platebodys at 3m an hour(which is ridiculously high for f2p). 'Nuff said.

Also, i've got more than 2.5m smithing xp smithing dragon platebodies...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Rune 2h swords and platelegs are twice as efficient as rune platebodys at 3m an hour(which is ridiculously high for f2p). 'Nuff said.

Also, i've got more than 2.5m smithing xp smithing dragon platebodies...

If you merchant (and yes, F2Pers can merchant) while training other skills, it is incredibly easy to make money in both F2P and P2P. The point is, making Rune platebodies is the fastest Smithing XP in F2P, and you can't deny that, regardless of what the cost is. Just because you might not have the money to train Smithing with rune platebodies, it doesn't mean no one else does.

10xy5fk.png

If you merchant (and yes, F2Pers can merchant) while training other skills, it is incredibly easy to make money in both F2P and P2P. The point is, making Rune platebodies is the fastest Smithing XP in F2P, and you can't deny that, regardless of what the cost is. Just because you might not have the money to train Smithing with rune platebodies, it doesn't mean no one else does.

This post just proves that you know nothing about efficiency. Sure, smithing rune platebodies is fast xp, just as making demonic thrones is fast construction xp. Somehow, neither method is very popular. Why? because people aren't stupid enough to call others cheap(and for reference, if there were a handful of people on these boards who would go for such ridiculously expensive methods, i'd be one of them). Overall, because you still LOSE TIME making money(and having only two ge slots in f2p is a killer), meaning that even though the smithing xp is higher, the overall xp is lower.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Update of the top 15

1. Skiller (previously Aasiwat) : 2,38B xp. A slower week for the top player who mainly trained skills under 40M xp which are much slower like fishing and agility. He also trained some mining/smith/magic. Coming milestones: 100M ranged and 2,4B xp

2. Zarfot 2,34B xp. While mostly training dungeon, Zarfot has also kept up with slayer once again last week. He's resumed gaining on Skiller and finds himself less than 50M xp away from rank 1. Coming milestones : 100M WC

3. Jdelacroix : 2,22Bxp. Having reached 100M farming last week for his 9th skill over 100M, Jd has also been training Dungeoneering and slayer. Can he reach 104M dungeon before Zarfot? Coming milestones : 100M xp ranged and 100M HP

4. Drumgun : 2,13B xp. Once again training WC, Fletch and Dungeon, Drumgun is on a path to join Skiller for most skills over 100M, he is currently at 8 skills over 100M (which are all at 200M). Coming milestones : 100M fletching and 100M WC

5. Gertjaars : 2,02B xp. Still inactive.

6. Elvis : 1,96B xp. Still keeping a fast training pace, the new rank 1 overall is keeping up with dungeoneering as well as crafting, WC and herblore lately. How long can he keep Telmomarques at bay? Coming milestones : 100M WC and 100M attack.

7. telmomarques : 1,95B xp. Still gaining on Elvis by solely training dungeon, he could claim back his rank 1 as soon as next week-en, especially if he has tokkens banked. Coming milestones : 200M dungeon

8. Lan : 1,87B xp. Another slow week for Lan with some dungeon. Coming milestones: 100M def

9 Erw J : 1,85 xp. Inactive. milestones : nothing in sight!

10. Elias : 1,83B xp. A major milestone for Elias last week by maxing out and getting to rank 3 overall. He's still training dungeon as well as crafting and farming. He's still keeping Paperbag at bay and should gain a rank from Erw J next week. Coming milestones : rank 9

11. Paperbag : 1,83B xp. Paperbag became the 3rd player to achieve 7 skills at 200M (drumgun and Jdelacroix being the other 2) when he reached 200M herblore. Rumor has it he's gonna train ranged via chins next but so far, he hasn't gained any XP since maxing out herblore . Coming milestones : nothing in sight

12. Kingduffy : 1,78B xp. Mister balance is once again training multiple skills and keeping an healthy pace that will help him keep his rank 12 for a couple weeks before suomi catches up. Coming milestones : 100M WC and 1,8B xp

13. S U O M I : 1,71B xp. Still training dungeon, he's also finishing up smithing lately and reached 1,7B. He's also trained WC and firemaking last week with a bit of magic. Coming milestones : 200M magic and 200M smithing (6th and 7th skills at 200M)

14. Green098 : 1,65B xp. Like I've been writing these past weeks, she's still training dungeon but with a bit of WC and fishing on the side. Coming milestones : 200M dungeon

15. Tezz : 1,63B xp. Gaining on Green098, he's still training slayer and could claim rank 14 before the year ends. Coming milestones : nothing in sight

No player outside the top 15 looks to get a position in this chart anytime soon.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Been reading this for quite a long time, loving your updates langer :thumbsup:

Personally I believe that it is a long shot that anyone in that top 15 will achieve it before something in real life beckons. If i had to choose it would probably be S U O M I as he seems to have an unbreakable mindset to do it(maybe Green098 a long long way down the line). The others i feel just like to play the game but wouldn't put it before their real life ambitions. Even with all the hype about Zarfot he just does not seem like the kind of person that would play rs hardcore over say a steady job or a serious relationship.

It's pretty interesting that this thread was based on a previous 200m thread made a couple of years ago ( see first post), in that thread the only 2 names that were thrown around seriously were Zezima and N0valyfe. Both of them have now quit and it just shows how you can't predict what a player will end up being in 3 or 4 years. At the time N0valyfe looked to be unstoppable and now his total experience wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

These are just my opinions as a casual player btw.

One more thing - Is Elias Back2pray and Elvis NintendoSwe or the other way around? cheers