Cheerful
Mod Pips
chat.png?cachebust=1381841822773
Jagex Mod
14-Oct-2013 21:16:49
J O N N N Y said
Mod Pips said

- Needs a two-thirds majority to pass

so basically... even if over half the people don't want it (but less than 2 thirds), you will still give us it. Hilarious.

No - two thirds or more need to vote yes for the feature to be released.

Note what it says at the bottom. So I guess only 33% or more have to vote no for prestige in order for it not to pass :D and sorry this image is messed up, idk how to fix it lol.

Quick find code: 16-17-697-65181137

I think a main point of contention is that the classic highscores will take a back seat to the new prestige highscores - if this wasn't the case (and the highscores were simply side-by-side) I'm sure the response wouldn't have been so negative.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think a main point of contention is that the classic highscores will take a back seat to the new prestige highscores - if this wasn't the case (and the highscores were simply side-by-side) I'm sure the response wouldn't have been so negative.

Making the current hiscores the default only hides the update. If hiding an update improves it, then it shouldn't be released in the first place.
  • Like 3

Interesting. And I agree, seasonal highscores makes a lot more sense..

The main downside being that it doesn't resolve the other issue (re-invigorate lower level areas and resources)

The second downside is that seasonal highscores aren't "permanent" meaning that the ranks disappear afterwards. That's not so bad though.

Your rank is permanent on the seasonal high score(s) that you competed on.

Yes, but this has the same issue as prestige highscores not being the "default" in that it is not easy to find. Most of the point of ranks is to have other people see your "achievements". In addition, while your rank for a particular season is permanent, that season is still not the same as a lifetime highscores.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Here’s what the top exp gains of the top 15 look like from the last week. First time doing this so I’m not sure exactly what to do, but it’ll give a nice idea of what they are up to, regardless. Using current top 15:

1.       Jake 4,571m +6.8m

Jake continues with divination with 4.1m gained as well as warbands which chip in 2.1m mine and 450k smith.

Recent: 30m divination, 110m mining

2.       Jdelacroix  4.374m +8.8m

Jdela has similar gains to Jake, including 4.3m div and 900k from chronciles. Warbands pitch in with 2.5m mine. 500k fishing another notable gain.

Recent: 140m mining

3.       Drumgun 4,371m +14m

Drumgun is going strong with divination at 12m exp bringing him to just under 90m. Also pitching in are warbands with 750k herb and 1.6m farm.

We can see 100m divination, 100m farm, and 100m herb in the near future to put him with 24 skills over 100m exp. We will see a pass of Jdela soon to retake the                     number 2 spot.

4.       Dragonseance 3,912m +21m

Strong week from the dragon with 16m thieving exp. Book of char adds 530k exp, and minebands producing 2.6m exp.

Dragonseance has once again stopped short of 200m thieve, now with 5 skills at 198m+ exp.

5.       Almostlost 3,635m +10m

He’s sticking to mostly divination (3,6m) and the complimentary hunter of 1.2m. Also notable are 1m firemaking, 500k agility, and 2.6m from minebanding.

Upcoming: 100m mining (19)

6.       Goud 3,686m +21m

Goud is going strong keeping pace with Drumgun putting in a strong 12m divination and 7.1m hunt to chip in. Warbands and farm runs contribute 2.3m mine and                       900k farm.

Upcoming: 75m divination

7.       Paperbag 3,636m +14m

Big smith gains (11m) put in by Paperbag, also 3m challengscape chipping in for dungeoneering.

Upcoming: 200m dg (1m exp), 200m smith (7m exp). Expect to see both next week for 200m number 16, and 17.

8.       Alkan 3,371m +7.8m

Alkan has been afking rocktails for a nice 4.7m fishing gain. Minebands contribute 2.3m exp. No clear goal in sight.

Upcoming: afk

9.       My Kingz 3,320 +9.2m

Steady gains for Kingz this week with warbands tossing in 1.8m mine and 500k smith. Biggest gains was in runecrafting – 6m exp.

Recent: 60m mining, 115m runecrafting

10.   Kingduffy 3,301m + 7.8m

As per usual, exp scattered all across the board with the most notable gains 2.6m range, 1.7m constitution, 2.6m defence. No warbanding for the King, though.  

11.   Crystalfarm 3,243m +10m

Largest gain this week is divination (5.8m) with a complimentary 1.2m in hunt. Warbands provide 2m mine and other notable gains include 500k agility and 600k                        farm.

Upcoming: 50m divination

12.   Makaveli 3,172m +8.7m

Seems Makaveli has stopped divination and is working on fish currently with a 4.3m gain, and almost 69m exp. Bands throw in 1.9m mine exp, 1.5m divination also           this week for Maka.

Upcoming: 70m fishing

13.   Killerjv 3,029m +13m

Divination seems to be the daily routine here (8.8m this week), almost keeping pace with Drumgun and Goud, just more afk. Also gained was 1m hunt from                                chronicles and 4m mining from warbands and then some.

Recent: 65m divination

14.   Carcass 2,930m +10m

Strong smith gains (8m) from Carcass. Also gained this week was 750k mine and 1.5m farm.

Recent: 50m farming

Upcoming: 150m smithing

15.   Simon 2,909m +19m

Strong exp week for Simon who has been slaying as of late with 2.8m exp, along with that 1.3m defence, 4.5m strength, 2.1 constitution. In addition we see 6m                          firemaking and 1.5m mining.

Upcoming: 80m slayer 

• Like 3

Swarlly.png

Jesus Christ kid, take what you get as a [bleep]ing gift. He did it by HS rank, as I used to. He tried stepping for me, but thanks to the no doubt further wave of negative, he may not do it again.

• Like 7

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Jesus Christ kid, take what you get as a [bleep]ing gift. He did it by HS rank, as I used to. He tried stepping for me, but thanks to the no doubt further wave of negative, he may not do it again.

If he did it like you, he would include most of those people, just like you did if I recall correctly. Lol

If he did it like you, he would include most of those people, just like you did if I recall correctly. Lol

You would note, I said USED TO, not DO. My updates have become less frequent (shockingly enough). Please, try again.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

First time doing this so I’m not sure exactly what to do

No one is going to perfect on their first try

• Like 2

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Time Calc Update

4SDup.png

What about Suomi???? He doesn't have 200m div????  OMG!!!!  YOU FAIL SO MUCH!!!!!  YOU ARE VERY BAD!!!! 

You get zero thanks this week for taking your time to do this, try harder next time.

(Gemeos, you look like a complete buffoon criticizing others that make the same mistake you make yourself.  In fact, Ben clarified he was using the CURRENT HS TOP 15, you did not.  You are the one that failed, not Ben.)

--------------------------------

And to BenDover -- I liked your summaries, simple and to the point.

• Like 1

Time Calc Update

4SDup.png

What about Suomi???? He doesn't have 200m div????  OMG!!!!  YOU FAIL SO MUCH!!!!!  YOU ARE VERY BAD!!!! 

You get zero thanks this week for taking your time to do this, try harder next time.

(Gemeos, you look like a complete buffoon criticizing others that make the same mistake you make yourself.  In fact, Ben clarified he was using the CURRENT HS TOP 15, you did not.  You are the one that failed, not Ben.)

--------------------------------

And to BenDover -- I liked your summaries, simple and to the point.

Hello,

I can see you are new here so I'll take my time to explain you how it works around here.

My time calculator updates applied to the top 15 Overall XP until back in the day we decided that it's useless to track players on my time calculator that hours doesn't decrease at all. 

Thanks for the input even though you had no idea what you were talking about.

About my previous post, you guys should take 10 deep breaths atleast. I was simply asking if the way people do top 15 update changed or not. 

Kind regards,

Gemeos2.

prestige poll now on homepage, get on it lads and vote yes!

voted no on 3 accounts :lol:

~

I have 2 accounts but I deliberately only voted on 1 because I consider myself a fair and democratic person.

I'm also mildly passive-aggressive

• Like 8