What Mosters To Block For Slayer?

killordie18

Hey,

If anyone is a serious slayer out there, I would like a little advice. ^_^

What are the best monsters to block for Slayer? I use Duradel/Lapalok AKA 'Shilo' (Hardest Master).

Duradel/Lapalok can assign the following:

[hide]Aberrant spectres

Abyssal demon

Aquanite

Black demon

Black dragon

Bloodveld

Dagannoth

Dark beast

Dust devil

Fire giant

Gargoyle

Gorak

Greater demon

Hellhound

Iron dragon

Kalphite

Mithril Dragon

Nechryael

Scabarites

Skeletal Wyvern

Spiritual Mage

Steel dragon

Suqah

Warped terrorbird

Waterfiend[/hide]

Axe Man Jack in his 'Master Slayer Guide' says he blocks:

Steel Dragons, Iron Dragons, Black demons, and Warped Terrorbirds

Another Guide I've found suggests blocking some of the following:

Steel Dragons, Greater Demons, Iron Dragons, Black Dragons, Warped Terrorbirds, Goraks, or Mithril Dragons

A guy I know with 30M Slayer Exp has the following blocked:

Kalphites, Steel Dragons, Scabarites, and Warped Terrorbirds

Anyone wanna provide me with some extra insight?

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

Iron/steel dragons, hellhounds and kalphites for me.

First two because the task takes quite a while to finish and doesn't give good xp, even though it might be a lot better now with extreme antifires + zs + yak. I haven't tried that yet.

Hellhounds because they're just plain boring, and kalphites annoy me for some reason. Maybe it's the crowds and the poison.

Anyway, I'd recommend blocking those, but just swap hellhounds/kalphites with whatever tasks you dislike.

For advice on how to do tasks the fastest way possible, check this guide.

2dvjurb.png

Two guys in game who were at Lapalok blocked:

Steel Dragons, Waterfiends, Hellhounds, Aquanites

and

Steel Dragons, Waterfiends, Warped Terrorbird, Bloodveld

Maybe I'll start a tally... hmmm...

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

I block Steel and iron drags warped terrorbirds and aquanites.

Definitely dont block bloodvelds they are the best xp you can get if you cannon mutated ones even meleeing the normal ones is good, a bonus with mutated ones is that they drop gold charms commonly rather than green but they are expensive with cannonballs and you have to pray also. Similarly Kalphites shouldnt be blocked because they are so easy if you cannon them.

Steel Dragons

Aquanites - bad xp, bad drops, bad charms, strong monster. Not really any reason to kill them.

Hellhounds - bad xp, no drops, only gold charms.

Iron Dragons unless you like them and have 85 herblore, really.

Warped Terrorbirids if you have 85 herblore.

Steel dragons, aquanites, kalphites, and hellhounds for me

Steel drags because they are slow, the rest for their bad drops.

Iron's aren't that bad, and terrorbirds just don't drop charms.

I've got hellhounds, steel and iron dragons.

The 4th is saved for either aquanites or black demons.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I personally have the following blocked:

- Iron dragons: Slow xp, hard to reach, bad drops

- Steel dragons: Same thing

- Hellhounds: No drops at all; also hard to reach when you don't have 80 Agility

- Warped terrorbirds: Too annoying for me to be worthwhile. A lot of people will agree on this one.

Tasks I often skip:

- Kalphite: Awful drops and really crowded. Good to cannon though.

- Greater demons: Decent xp and charms but there is only one good spot and therefore too crowded.

- Black dragons: Baby dragons are too spread out in the locations they recide and regular black dragons are even worse than steel dragons. Soloing the KBD is fun though.

- Scarabites: They're decent xp and good crimson charms but they're really hectic and a come in small tasks only.

Don't block waterfiends! They are the best crimson charm droppers ingame and with high combat stats you can get up to 100 crimsons an hour if you piety. Even without it's still really fast. Nothing like finishing a big task and see those 150 crimsons in your inventory.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I do -not- block steel or irons. If you want mage exp, use your slayer points to buy slayer dart runes, and mage them with stealing creation hats. I get legitimately 200k exp / task. I also have gotten several dragon legs and skirts, as well as a visage.

I block goraks, Black Demons, waterfiends, and warped terrorbirds.

Goraks - These guys are -terrible-. High defense, awful drops, and they stat drain. Terrible!

Black Demons - need to pray to kill them quickly, and they don't drop anything worthwhile. Over time, they're a money drain.

Waterfiends - They're just a nuisance. They hit way harder than they should, and hit in multiple attack styels. They're hard to damage effectively. They have pretty good drops, but I hate them.

Warped Terrorbirds - Very similar to waterfiends. The best I hear people say about them is they're not that bad. I disagree with those people.

And greaters are absolutely awesome. You're high if you block greater demons.

stormveritas.png

I say do soem of the tasks and block the ones you don't like to do, or can't do. Some people don't block Steels as they are rarely assigned and are better left to another monster that gets assigned often enough.

For me i have Steel Dragons, Kalphites, Hellhounds, and Aquanites blocked for now.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

1. Steel Dragons are number 1, definetly. Not enough of them, frustrating to kill.

2. I hate Wyverns also, so I blocked them. However some ppl like the safe spot, and keep them for the visage drop chance.

3. Aquatines are my 3rd, although I hear they're ok if you want ranging ammy drops. Otherwise, block them.

4. Iron dragons are my last, although I'm willing to change it if I find something else I hate more.

Worthy mentions are:

Warped terrorbirds. Though I hear they're ok with a cannon.

Waterfiends. Slow task, need crush wep and pots. Although you should keep them for the amazing crimson and other drops

Hellhounds. Bad task, but I find there are more worthy tasks to block than these.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I've got Warped Terrorbirds and Aquanites blocked now

I'd probably block steels too, but I haven't had a task of them in a long time

I'd consider blocking hellhounds, but they're actually a fast task, so that kinda makes up for the lack of drops.

Lagatag.png

I have all the dragons and wyerns blocked. Since I cannot use a defender, it really impacts my experience rate at dragons. I might swap out Black Dragons in case I find a more annoying task.

I have not done the quests for warped terrorbirds and scarabs though, and from what people say about them I will likely avoid doing them for a while.

I've blocked:

Steel Dragons - I find the irons pretty quick (except getting there, ugh) and doable in one trip so why not get a few chances at a visage?

Kalphites - I try not to use cannon much and these take forever without it, not to mention world hopping.

Greater Demons - Mostly because the wild dogs are still aggro to me, might unlock in a few levels.

Warped Terrorbirds - Annoying, as most people agree with I think.

I always do baby black dragons in the chaos tunnels. It's fast and most of the time there are others there fighting the greens so would rather not waste points skipping.

I also do dagganoths in the chaos tunnels. It's usually empty and the task is extremely fast without the expense of the cannon. Just a few pray pots and the herbs, circular hides and alchables more than cover them.

Goraks are a task I do splurge and use cannon on, makes the task go crazy fast and usually only get assigned 70 or so. Plus the gems are nice for a little crafting xp.

Skeletal Wyverns aren't a favorite of mine but once you have the right setup and don't have to bank 50 times they're bearable. Plus there's always that chance for visage.

Waterfiends - Even with just a bunyip they're doable and if you're still leveling summoning you'll want the crimsons anyway.

Bloodvelds - Hate these. I just spent 500k on one task (cannonballs) and granted, my range is really low but that's a bit excessive for 15 pts. Not worth it but that's because I'm cheap =)

I think I only skip:

Aquanites - Too much hassle.

Black Demons - Bleh. Just don't like them personally.

Miss_Evedia.png

I have Steel Dragon, Hell Hounds and Kalphites blocked. I havent got 200 QP so i cant have a 4th blocked but if i did i would probably block Aquanites.

Iron Dragons are worth while if you Melee them. Also Black Demons are good if you're willing to Cannon.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Warped Terrorbirids if you have 85 herblore.

How is 85 herblore related to Warped Terrorbirids? Am I missing something?

It allows you to have full dragonfire protection (from the new potion) meaning iron dragon and black dragons are a lot faster therefore not worth blocking.

So you have the extra spots left.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I blocked kalphites, hellhounds, steel dragons & the guys at bandos room. Not sure what they're called, but I hate the long walk + the fact they jump you all the time if you forgot to wield holy items :s

Anyway, I think iron dragons are quite easy since u can cbow them with antipots and hope for the visage drop.

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Anything slowish xp I will ban/skip.

Gargs (tedious)

Hellhounds (crowded and boring)

Dark beast ( meh, I'll lose money cannoning them)

Greater (crowded and abit spaced out)

Then I skip the rest of the task I cannot cannon except Abby demon and Spiritual mage. :thumbsup:

And I do aquanite task because they are easy to click on. :lol:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/