The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I just hope they don't fix it, because having 2 or more people throwing the grapple makes the bridge automatically appear :thumbsup:

As a side note, I went rev hunting today, soloing. Keep getting killed because the revs keep outhealing my damage output, and their long-range attacks own me on the way out. <_<

I may consider that as a new way of moneymaking if I'm more careful. Has anyone here ever gotten the Ancient Statuette as a drop before?

Also, revenant hellhound is OP... in fact I don't know how the heck it's possible to solo anything stronger than that :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hellhound both heals a ton, and has a strong magic attack, I would avoid him with anything fewer than 4 people.

I like hunting with 3 or more people, 2 is too many for the southies, but too few for the north west crowd.

Also with more than one person to make sure everyone swings at the same time, designate someone as the base swinger(not the person who is the rev magnet) and have everyone else match to that person's hits.

Best stat i have gotten i think was the zammy one from darkbeast 500k.

how do you guys deal with being attacked by some of the much stronger revs while attacking your targets? how long does a trip typically last? does a rev focus entirely on one person who tanks, or does it alternate between team members? what gear do you guys use...what pray do you use?

sorry for so many questions, but I'm particularly curious :rolleyes: ... I havent done revs since the week the dungeon came out.

Also curious as to what the theory is in regard to whether stronger revenants have the good statue and corrupt drops more frequently, though there prob isn't data on that yet.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

how do you guys deal with being attacked by some of the much stronger revs while attacking your targets?

Depends on the rev, sometimes you can run behind a wall, and if the rev can not get to you it may tele to the other side. This works great with the warewolf(I think) and definitely with the south golbin. You can also use the sling to lure a rev, a good target is the vampire to get her away from the hellhound. And if a high level does attack I simply run away.

how long does a trip typically last?

30-45mins

does a rev focus entirely on one person who tanks, or does it alternate between team members?

They mainly attack one person, you can use this to the teams advantage; try to stick a rev on a wall to let your teamies get in free hits.

what gear do you guys use...what pray do you use?

G2h and dragon hide. I would like to see if pray flashing promage and in full rune would be 'better' but requires too much clicking.

Also curious as to what the theory is in regard to whether stronger revenants have the good statue and corrupt drops more frequently, though there prob isn't data on that yet.

I think that higher levels have a greater chance of dropping things, no idea on the quality of the drops.

how do you guys deal with being attacked by some of the much stronger revs while attacking your targets? how long does a trip typically last? does a rev focus entirely on one person who tanks, or does it alternate between team members? what gear do you guys use...what pray do you use?

sorry for so many questions, but I'm particularly curious :rolleyes: ... I havent done revs since the week the dungeon came out.

Bring a str pot and a full inventory of anchovy pizza to stay for the longest time. A trip at my levels last around 20-30 minutes, but that's because I solo and only stay at the northwest part of the dungeon. Revs do focus on one person usually, with some exceptions (like the knight). Use green dhide + g2h, and have your quick prayers set to +15% attack and strength. I always use quick prayer to pray flash my hits so they hit higher and more accurate.

If needed, bring a maple longbow sight with some addy arrows to lure a few revenants away from high levels (hobgoblin and vampyre for instance).

If fighting in the northwest corner, fight the imp and level 15 goblin whenever they spawn. Only fight the other goblin, the icefiend, and the werewolf regularly. Target the hobgoblin only when the werewolf is dead and the vampyre only if you bring a sighted longbow. STAY AWAY FROM THE KNIGHT AND HELLHOUND AT ALL COSTS.

If fighting in the southeast, again fight the imp and the goblins as soon as they spawn. You should really only focus on the pyrefiend and the cyclops. Demons and orks are probably a bit strong for soloing, but maybe it's just my levels. Again, STAY AWAY FROM THE DARK BEAST. I died so many freaking times in the southeast corner because of it interfering into fights.

All revs drop all items and have the same drop chance iirc. Or maybe it's just me getting all my good drops from imps and goblins :3

Best drop I've got so far is a Bandos statuette (valued at 300k) and the only corrupt I got are platelegs (75k sadly). Have fun getting an ancient statuette (5m) and corrupt weapons. In particular, the battleaxe (2.8m), the scimitar (2.9m) and the longsword (1m).

Have fun :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Gonna take my dg clan to the next level.

This is the url for the new forums. Please help support it in any way possible!

My dream is to really advocate dg to the f2p community and share the advanced knowledge to the general rs population. But right now it's a niche community, so we could really do with the help.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You setup an entire forum? Nice! :thumbsup:

I'm registering right now.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm going to be brutally honest; Sonikku; the two times I entered your chat; no one really responded. The majority of people there are people who sell fast larges, and they are generally not interested in dungeoneering with people other than their team.

Some of the people only come here to floor sell, which I do understand. However others are legitimately interested in taking people to dg - the other day we taught a dg level 55 how to properly use binds and dps and gave him the appropriate setups for his levels.

The problem is the severe lack of interest in actually teaching the others, which is obviously something I'm trying hard to fix.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Some of the people only come here to floor sell, which I do understand. However others are legitimately interested in taking people to dg - the other day we taught a dg level 55 how to properly use binds and dps and gave him the appropriate setups for his levels.

The problem is the severe lack of interest in actually teaching the others, which is obviously something I'm trying hard to fix.

If I message you ingame can you help me out with the set-up and whatnot? My RSN is Dartfield (60 dunge).

Dart.jpg

It's too late to earn any serious cash imo. I managed to fish 40M out of the rares market earlier today.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

After reading over various RSOF threads about how f2p isn't getting the same treatment for this 'bot nuke', do you guys actually think it's fair that f2p doesn't get anything? Like, even double FOG tokens would have been cool.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

After reading over various RSOF threads about how f2p isn't getting the same treatment for this 'bot nuke', do you guys actually think it's fair that f2p doesn't get anything? Like, even double FOG tokens would have been cool.

Quite honestly, freeing up F2P from bots is all I need. As of now, it's near imposable to do any sort of meaningful resource gathering skilling. I was working on a F2P skill money-making guide at the end of 2010 but as soon as FT/W returned, I essentially gave up on it because there's no way anyone could use the info I found in any sort of meaningful way unless they used foreign language servers. Maybe now I'll get back to that.

Fair or not, honestly I wasn't surprised. The only time we get the same treatment as members is during the holiday events...and even that has changed.

I agree with OrTradeMe, getting rid of the bots will be reward enough for me.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Fair or not, honestly I wasn't surprised. The only time we get the same treatment as members is during the holiday events...and even that has changed.

I agree with OrTradeMe, getting rid of the bots will be reward enough for me.

I just find it irritating, even if I am a member, that they state F2P is a full game. If it were, it should receive SOME updates, doesn't have to be many, but at least something to keep f2p from dieing from boredom. And the fact that this event wasn't F2P is sad in my eyes.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I only think it's unfair that they don't think we are part of 'all'.

[404] Signature not found.

I only think it's unfair that they don't think we are part of 'all'.

Agree, I also pointed that one out at the clan leader forums. It's not the first time that Jagex abuses the words "all players"...

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Agree, I also pointed that one out at the clan leader forums. It's not the first time that Jagex abuses the words "all players"...

Veteran's Cape anyone? <_<

Hopefully the results of Operation: ClusterFlutterer will make up for it.

Getting rid of 98% of bots is amazing. It's reward enough.

Now, if only they'd remove the 50% xp penalty in F2P dungeoneering...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

fnrexg.jpg

First time I ever do revs :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.