3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Oh nice I have some brews time to sell.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're trying to get them to 22k. Ranks are dumping at 14k. I would sell around then. DOUBLE CHECK FOR YOURSELF, this is just a pal of mine who's friends with one of the generals telling me this.

Personally I'll just keep my brews... I have a few thousand but I can't be bothered with selling them.

They're trying to get them to 22k. Ranks are dumping at 14k. I would sell around then. DOUBLE CHECK FOR YOURSELF, this is just a pal of mine who's friends with one of the generals telling me this.

Personally I'll just keep my brews... I have a few thousand but I can't be bothered with selling them.

[bleep]ing manipulator scumbag mother[bleep]ing [bleep]s. Why can't Jagex ban these [bleep]ing [wagon]? This doesn't personally affect me because I don't consume brews at a regular rate, but the premise of raising something that is very commonly used from around 6k each to 14k each (over DOUBLE its price) is [bleep]ing ludicrous. EVERYBODY suffers just so some greedy [bleep]ing back-stabbing nerds can make bank. [bleep] Jagex for making a system as fatally flawed as the GE and [bleep] these scumbags for taking advantage of it.

td2sig.jpg

[bleep]ing manipulator scumbag mother[bleep]ing [bleep]s. Why can't Jagex ban these [bleep]ing [wagon]? This doesn't personally affect me because I don't consume brews at a regular rate, but the premise of raising something that is very commonly used from around 6k each to 14k each (over DOUBLE its price) is [bleep]ing ludicrous. EVERYBODY suffers just so some greedy [bleep]ing back-stabbing nerds can make bank. [bleep] Jagex for making a system as fatally flawed as the GE and [bleep] these scumbags for taking advantage of it.

It would be difficult for Jagex to ban them, they would have to do it at exactly the right moment. If they were to do it now, good bye entire brew market, now all the brews are sitting on locked accounts. At other times, it could be getting rid of the majority of a certain armor or wepon in the game.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

You mad bro?

mr__gandalf.png

Buy them from people. Pay a little extra along with a couple of junk and you'll get some brews in no time. How many people have so much money these

days that paying 6k more each is going to do anything?

Its not against the rules, and I personally don't have any problem with it, from a moral/right or wrong standpoint. Sure it may annoy me if I can't get something I'm trying, but its the system that is flawed that is the problem.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Surprised they don't remember the time jagex screwed merch clans when they tried to merch p pots. Be funny if jagex decided to release tons of brews in the ge like they did with p pots.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

clansig7.gif

heard ely is at min ge

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

heard ely is at min ge

About time.

Buyable divine?

No I think it still has some street, not sure

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Divine is still at about 2 pumpkins or slightly less, or Purple+ junk to balance the divine. Elysians got bought out again, as I've heard. Although I doubt that it will last too long and they're probably obtainable for max GE.

Divine is still at about 2 pumpkins or slightly less, or Purple+ junk to balance the divine. Elysians got bought out again, as I've heard. Although I doubt that it will last too long and they're probably obtainable for max GE.

that buyout is pretty predictable, but after one crash like that there's bound to be another because people have lost their confidence in ely's. the buyout would have worked if the crash were a fluke (like the crash after dg shields were released), but this one's not a fluke.

sigcopyaf.png

So what will buyable Elysians do to the Divine?

I'd imagine that a lot of people, given the choice between buying a good shield on the GE or dealing with street trading crap to get a great shield, will settle for the Ely while they wait for Divine to inevitably follow in the Ely's footsteps. I doubt the effect will be huge or instantaneous, but I could certainly see it hastening the Divine's decline compared to if Elysians had maintained street.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So do you think that the Elysian Shield will stay above 500M for a a few more months or another year? I mean it is a great shield even tho it does not have a 100% Damage Reduction rate.

Kind of ironic that I get one and then a few days later I hear all this crash talk. I don't think I'll ever sell it.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Oh my god, this [cabbage] is so confusing. lol. (Been reading the last few pages)

Is what I trollz u said accurate? I find it very hard to believe Jagex would EVER just release p pots into the ge.

And to all those people who say manipulators ruin the system, they've been around before the GE for a long time before. Just not as big of numbers, which means the system has always been flawed - or maybe manipulation is just a normal part of any economy? Not saying it's good, but hell, it happens IRL quite often too. (And in more than one economic system)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You mad bro?

No, he's right imo.

Price manipulation hurts everyone except the ranks of that particular cc.

(and maybe some taking advantage of temporary higher prices)

99% unhappy, 1% happy (among them some RWT'ers who bought ranks in that cc) -> wrong imo.

You mad bro?

No, he's right imo.

99% unhappy, 1% happy (among them some RWT'ers who bought ranks in that cc) -> wrong imo.

Also, judging by the amount of rares Mr. Gandalf has (if his sig is accurate), he's probably one of them. :rolleyes:

td2sig.jpg

You mad bro?

No, he's right imo.

Also, judging by the amount of rares Mr. Gandalf has (if his sig is accurate), he's probably one of them. :rolleyes:

Been playing since 2001, obtained all my discontinueds in my sig, not counting multiples prior to '07. If you want someone to blame, look no further than Jagex. It's their flawed GE system that allows manipulators to take advantage of these flaws and Jagex is too lazy to do anything about it. I don't like manipulators any more than the next guy but I've been around long enough to see Jagex's ineptitude in trying to create a far market system.

mr__gandalf.png

You mad bro?

No, he's right imo.

Been playing since 2001, obtained all my discontinueds in my sig, not counting multiples prior to '07. If you want someone to blame, look no further than Jagex. It's their flawed GE system that allows manipulators to take advantage of these flaws and Jagex is too lazy to do anything about it. I don't like manipulators any more than the next guy but I've been around long enough to see Jagex's ineptitude in trying to create a far market system.

Ah, well I apologize for assuming, then. And yes, I'd actually be very afraid if Jagex did say they were working on trying to fix the loopholes in the GE that allow price manipulation-- Jagex has repeatedly shown they know very little about simple economics, and would therefore be likely to [bleep] things up worse than they already are if they tried to implement a "fix."

Kudos to a fellow '01 player, though :thumbsup: I was around for the tradable discontinued drops (including crackers) but traded all mine away before the end of RSC.

td2sig.jpg