3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Actually, it seems all high end items are crashing since about yesterday or the day before. Bandos, godswords, claws, dfs, all down down. Any explanations? Summer "end" crash coming sooner and sooner? Will they rebound with all the excess cash around?

More specifically, with all the freed up cash, will people pick on the low-end rares again? Santa's already picked up again, will h'weens follow soon? I'm not sure wether to sell my red h'ween, which just updated, for min or not? Any advice?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it seems all high end items are crashing since about yesterday or the day before. Bandos, godswords, claws, dfs, all down down. Any explanations? Summer "end" crash coming sooner and sooner? Will they rebound with all the excess cash around?

More specifically, with all the freed up cash, will people pick on the low-end rares again? Santa's already picked up again, will h'weens follow soon? I'm not sure wether to sell my red h'ween, which just updated, for min or not? Any advice?

Everything's bought out again. Crash was originally due to the expectation from lvl 4 clues I believe. However the panic selling lowered the price way too fast so it was natural they'd get bought out. Claws selling at max now, although I'm not investing in them because it just seems unstable with the crash unstabalizing everything. Would be a pretty easy flip opportunity if you know what you're doing though.

120dgl.jpg

People have a ridiculous amount of wealth these days.

(@ person above buying 10 AGS...)

4.5m gp/hr. 200 hours for 900m, and thats not counting money from MTK, bstaffs, herb runs, merching/flipping. It isn't hard to make billions anymore. That is why Phats are so hard, mostly impossible, to buy on the GE. They are worth several, to many times over their GE price.

Stop using this 4.5m gp/hr rate. The majority of players either can't or don't want to camp dk's for hours on end like you. While I agree it's extremely easy to make money today, for a majority of players an average like that isn't accurate.

Crusading.png

4.5m gp/hr. 200 hours for 900m, and thats not counting money from MTK, bstaffs, herb runs, merching/flipping. It isn't hard to make billions anymore. That is why Phats are so hard, mostly impossible, to buy on the GE. They are worth several, to many times over their GE price.

Stop using this 4.5m gp/hr rate. The majority of players either can't or don't want to camp dk's for hours on end like you. While I agree it's extremely easy to make money today, for a majority of players an average like that isn't accurate.

Why not? We aren't talking about the average 'scaper in this thread. This thread is for those who are, or want to, invest in things mentioned in the title, or just want to know how the market works.

I hate it when people like you come into a thread talking about, for example, the most efficient way to do something, or fastest, or best, and saying things like 'that costs too much" or "most people can't do that" we aren't talking about "most" people. We are talking about those who are higher level, or have more cash.

Not to mention someone who isn't willing to camp DKS, or make money some other way, won't be buying a divine/ely/party hat/ etc anytime soon either.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This is a little OT, but how are d axes still 2m each, and dag bones still like 17k each? It doesn't seem like you need more than 2 d axes to train woodcutting, and it's not like it's a dangerous activity. Furthermore, I don't know about any of you, but I certainly don't know anyone who trains prayer using dagannoth bones. I can understand the rings prices though, since people use them for bosses/pvp etc.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Why not? We aren't talking about the average 'scaper in this thread. This thread is for those who are, or want to, invest in things mentioned in the title, or just want to know how the market works.

I hate it when people like you come into a thread talking about, for example, the most efficient way to do something, or fastest, or best, and saying things like 'that costs too much" or "most people can't do that" we aren't talking about "most" people. We are talking about those who are higher level, or have more cash.

Not to mention someone who isn't willing to camp DKS, or make money some other way, won't be buying a divine/ely/party hat/ etc anytime soon either.

While I agree it's easier to make money today than it was, I think you missed what I was getting at. 4.5m gp/hr is fine and dandy but the real average is around 1m, and your average player today usually has enough worth to at least invest in some type of rare. It just annoys me that because some of us can make 4.5m gp/hr you assume it's that simple for everyone else. No more discussion needed.

Crusading.png

While I agree it's easier to make money today than it was, I think you missed what I was getting at. 4.5m gp/hr is fine and dandy but the real average is around 1m, and your average player today usually has enough worth to at least invest in some type of rare. It just annoys me that because some of us can make 4.5m gp/hr you assume it's that simple for everyone else. No more discussion needed.

As I said, we aren't talking about average people. Go start another topic if you want to talk about the "average" scaper.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Most people that frequent this thread are high leveled/rich, because that's generally the type of people that are into rares.

I wish I were lower-leveled. A 136 with a white p hat isn't nearly as cool as a level 80/90-something.

Back OT: What is the current "cash" value of disks and pumpkins?

lalalasig2.png

Considering that you need 400m+ cash just to afford a partyhat at mid price, and that most players have less than 50m, I'd guess that most players here are above average. Just sayin'.

And I don't think anyone ever said that 4.5m/h is what every scaper makes.

Most people that frequent this thread are high leveled/rich, because that's generally the type of people that are into rares.

I wish I were lower-leveled. A 136 with a white p hat isn't nearly as cool as a level 80/90-something.

Back OT: What is the current "cash" value of disks and pumpkins?

But then you'd be getting comments like "nice borrowed hat" or "lmfao rwt trader". Seriously.

Even I can't wear anything thats not bandos without getting stupid comments from

jealous [puncture]s.

Pumps are closing towards disks atm....roughly 320-350m for one

while disks are 250m.

Considering that you need 400m+ cash just to afford a partyhat at mid price, and that most players have less than 50m, I'd guess that most players here are above average. Just sayin'.

And I don't think anyone ever said that 4.5m/h is what every scaper makes.

Idk what you're thinking but you'd be very surprised to see how much people have these days.

Its not uncommon to see lvl 80s and 90s wearing full bandos or even lower lvl 50s and 60s owning

d claws and/or ags.

I just bought 100 torstol seeds instantly for min. Was a bit surprised and did some research and it seems all herbs (and seeds logically following them) are kind of crashing. Is this due to panicking after the new chaos druid spawns?

Yessir, I don't imagine the prices being the way they are for an extended period of time.

Rkolegendkil.png

But then you'd be getting comments like "nice borrowed hat" or "lmfao rwt trader". Seriously.

I used to... until I got a herblore(t) cape. Nobody questions it anymore. :)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Frost bones crashed from the looks of it, made 32m off them , but cbf doing them anymore now tbh. So boring and full of annoying rangers that waste my spawns when I cannon. If they stable at over 18k I might start doing them again.

Masks must be about to rise again right? I sold my mask set and santa at it's peak for 530m, now it's about 400m i think. If i buy a mask set and santa now, they will eventually rise over what i paid for them even if it takes a month right?

Arzian.png

Frost bones crashed from the looks of it, made 32m off them , but cbf doing them anymore now tbh. So boring and full of annoying rangers that waste my spawns when I cannon. If they stable at over 18k I might start doing them again.

lol sucks. I just got on today and now can't sell :'(

Probably not, they'll probably reach 50-60-70m and get bought out again.

I have a feeling this will happen too. The rare market is building so much confidence that not enough players just don't

want to sell their rares too cheap anymore. its kind of sad, really. Since rares were scorned among players for being a waste of

money. Now i hardly don't see that kind of attitude. Its all about trying to avoid our "inflation" propaganda.

Ok so I figured it was time to clear out my bank a bit- and so I gathered up 2.2m+ in seeds, arrows, and fire runes. I have a Bob shirt (black) that I was hoping to sell off with the junk- is this plausible?

iximi.png