Save the Date! 26-Feb-2010

Askthedude

I wrote up the following to help people determine the average hourly xp rate if they will be spending a certain amount of time doing a certain activity-

Note: Ignore the negatives. Mathematically, integrals find area, which is always positive.

xpweekend.png

Calculus nerds can check me if they want :)

lalalasig2.png

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

common2.jpg

Chart taken from Runewiki. It's their version of the stock exchange index. It started at an arbitrary 100 when the GE came out (at least I think it was that soon). I'll post the chart again in 3 weeks and we'll see where we're at. The chart takes things like logs, ores, bars, fish etc. into account. It doesn't do herbs or planks or others like that.

Mod MMG: Congrats guys, we finally slowed hyperinflation with our 76king nerf!

Mod Fnord: Hey, why don't we do something else to mess around with the economy?

When the GE came out, things like tuna, iron ore, and yew logs were at 100, and I think that's the type of things it uses.

I bought a ton of Wine of Zamorak and more than enough Dwarf Weed Seeds to hopefully farm and make over 2500 ranging potions when this update arrives. I'll also make some higher level potions with whatever herbs I already have in my bank. I'll also be sure to plant a Spirit Tree a week in advance (should reach 80 farming soon). I will also save my best seeds from misc over the next two weeks and plant those as well. So my plan is...

1) Farming, Target: 300k+ experience

2) Herblore, Target: 1M+ experience

3) Crafting, Target: 300k+ experience

So I'll be working hard for 3 hours. After that the multiplier drops under 2 and I'll probably just go to sleep (since it starts 5AM my time).

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I bought a ton of Wine of Zamorak and more than enough Dwarf Weed Seeds to hopefully farm and make over 2500 ranging potions when this update arrives. I'll also make some higher level potions with whatever herbs I already have in my bank. I'll also be sure to plant a Spirit Tree a week in advance (should reach 80 farming soon). I will also save my best seeds from misc over the next two weeks and plant those as well. So my plan is...

1) Farming, Target: 300k+ experience

2) Herblore, Target: 1M+ experience

3) Crafting, Target: 300k+ experience

So I'll be working hard for 3 hours. After that the multiplier drops under 2 and I'll probably just go to sleep (since it starts 5AM my time).

Your bonus starts when you login.

You could start 5 minutes before the end, you'd get 2,7x xp for those 5 minutes.

It'd be far too hard to balance otherwise.

Which means that there's no need to wake up at 5AM.

WarBlastoise.png

I wrote up the following to help people determine the average hourly xp rate if they will be spending a certain amount of time doing a certain activity-

Note: Ignore the negatives. Mathematically, integrals find area, which is always positive.

xpweekend.png

Your integration is incorrect. The required expression is

integ.png

where f is end time (in hours) and f is less than or equal to 10.

Hegel.png

xpweekend.png

Your integration is incorrect. The required expression is

integ.png

where f is end time (in hours) and f is less than or equal to 10.

Ooops yeah, I forgot that (n-10) needed to be integrated differently. That's what I get for taking linear algebra this semester.

lalalasig2.png

Got 4k Kwuarms bought up so far. Want to get about 8k of them banked up along with whatever other herbs I get from MTK. Doubt I'll hit my goal of 85 Herblore but atleast it should give me a good head start towards it.

Gonna bust my gut to get 93 Slayer and pray I get a few staff's of light to pay for the secondaries :lol:

And if it isn't going too great for me I should still be able to sell them and just use this extra experience weekend to roll in some cash and treat myself to some items.

Going to try having a bash at collecting the secondaries by myself over the next couple weeks, just to further drop down the costs, whilst also taking time to raise slayer and make some nats too! Ooo I quite like this experience weekend coming up, it's given me more focus and drive to work hard, build up cash and reap some benefits (hopefully!)

Sucky part about this update is that no one is making any potions, lol. NOTHING buys since everyone is waiting for the bonus exp weekend to train.

Exactly why they should have just done this unannounced. Sure I wouldn't be able to get an insane amount of summoning exp because I wouldn't be prepared (I'm camping at wfiends in CT 24/7 atm LOL), but at least then the prices would only be crazy for two days and settle back down afterward.

Well march 11 I'm parking my dude at summoning obelisk with crimsons, 500k shards, and an inventory full of nail beast charms. Fastest 70k summoning exp ever... :twss:

I'm totally doing that too. I just need to start gathering charms for 99 summoning. Hopefully with double xp for roughly 6 hours, I'll be able to actually get it.

Slightly offtopic; How fast can you obtain nail beast charms?

Using spirit kyatt pouches and rings of dueling how many pouches can someone make in an hour? Assuming your making something that doesn't require a fourth ingrdient like wolpertingers.

Edit: Apparently people can do 1800-2200+ pouches an hour. For the sake of any errors I'll use 1500 pouches an hour as my base.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Using spirit kyatt pouches and rings of dueling how many pouches can someone make in an hour? Assuming your making something that doesn't require a fourth ingrdient like wolpertingers.

Edit: Apparently people can do 1800-2200+ pouches an hour. For the sake of any errors I'll use 1500 pouches an hour as my base.

Actually, near 2000 is pretty close.

Sweet, I'm ready to roll out some overloads to work on 99 herb :thumbup:

Overloads will be crazy. If you get 1.6x xp for the first 10 hours on average, overloads will be only 18 gp/xp, and will get you 1m xp/h.

Overloads are already 1.3m exp an hour -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_6fmKExeo

I really hope they don't do this again, it's ruining the economy. Every single skill is stupidly hard to buy. It's 2 weeks of a messed up economy.

Not to mention that a lot of merch clans are setting their items in the next 0-4 hours.

I'm sure this has been elaborated on. Seriously wtf dragon bones aren't even buying and you can't use a POH Altar for extra experience

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!