Double Exp Weekend(s)

anScooter

*Moves this thread to the correct forum*

In regards to the topic, we will be running more bonus XP weekends, however, no times or dates have been decided on yet.

:)

Quote by Mod Emilee

QFC: 240-241-41-61096275

It's on the top of page 3.

How do you guys feel about this? Yay or nay?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I best start hoarding supplies again. :rolleyes:

That happened the minute the first weekend ended. Why do you think torstols are so much more expensive now than before the weekend was announced?

I wouldn't count on summoning being the same this time around, so I wouldn't stock up on swamp lizards.

I hope they never do another.

But it would figure another is in the pipe - I just charmed 92 to 93 & am bone dry. :oops:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I really hope they don't.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I best start hoarding supplies again. :rolleyes:

That happened the minute the first weekend ended. Why do you think torstols are so much more expensive now than before the weekend was announced?

I wouldn't count on summoning being the same this time around, so I wouldn't stock up on swamp lizards.

I meant myself personally, I know a lot of people have saved stuff in their banks since the end of the first one.

I got myself to 96 Summoning the last time around, not sure what I would do when they released the next one. Although cheaper herblore experience would be nice, I could see myself mining or hunting because I don't like those skills as much as the others. I wonder how they'll incorporate Dungeoneering into it as well?

I purposely avoided the first weekend. I'm going to purposely avoid any and further bonus exp weekend. I just don't enjoy it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I purposely avoided the first weekend. I'm going to purposely avoid any and further bonus exp weekend. I just don't enjoy it.

Not that i am trying to start an argument or anything, but how do you not enjoy getting more xp for something you would do normally?

jpegsigtest.jpg

Not that i am trying to start an argument or anything, but how do you not enjoy getting more xp for something you would do normally?

I don't enjoy it either, although I'm not going to let the opportunity pass me by. When training a skill is strictly faster, it reduces the feeling of accomplishment at the end, which is the whole point of training skills. It just doesn't help.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Too bad i wasn't around for the first weekend, would have been a nice extra 3m summoning experiance over the charms that i reacently did.

All in all, because of the way extra experiance was distributed it largely favored 2 skills in farming and summoning with training any other skill being pointless. If they are to do another weekend like the one in march it really shouldn't give xp in those 2 skills or have a linear layout.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Last I knew they were thinking of it, didn't know they were for sure now. This time I'll probably do summoning first like everyone else and their dog familiar, then perhaps try something like fishing rocktail. That or mining. I would like runecraft to be faster exp, but 10 hours isn't enough for me to want to train that instead on the bonus xp weekend.

2vuhgcn.png

i'm hoping for one mid-july so i could manage two 12 hour playing sessions. i only got 3 agility levels out of the last one.. and i actually started hoarding some smithing materials.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I thought they were going to change buyable skills, or at least summoning?

TBH next one I'd probably train herblore, or else IDK what i'd train. Maybe get 99 FM?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

TBH next one I'd probably train herblore, or else IDK what i'd train. Maybe get 99 FM?

I was just going to mention this. I believe Jagex has been soliciting ideas to modify bonus exp so that people don't just get absurd amounts of buyable exp?

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

Nooooo I want my free summoning xp :cry:

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

I don't enjoy it either, although I'm not going to let the opportunity pass me by. When training a skill is strictly faster, it reduces the feeling of accomplishment at the end, which is the whole point of training skills. It just doesn't help.

I just prefer not to participate in bonus exp for one reason or another. That's what it is, a preference. I don't have anything against anyone who participates and gains levels through this method, it's just not for me. Maybe it is the idea of getting twice the amount of experience for doing exactly the same thing any other day of the week that I don't like. Oh well, that's my preference on it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I was just going to mention this. I believe Jagex has been soliciting ideas to modify bonus exp so that people don't just get absurd amounts of buyable exp?

I went 92-99 summoning in that one day. However, almost all those charms were slayed. 4.6k crims and 1.1k blues.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I went 92-99 summoning in that one day. However, almost all those charms were slayed. 4.6k crims and 1.1k blues.

Still doesnt make it right or fair on people who either had the level or no charms as they had already used them. I'm 89 sum now and with 5k crims, not enough for 96 which is what im saveing for yet if another weekend came round id have a shot at 97-99, which isnt right. Put as an example would mean I lucked out, not lucked out as you got the arma hilt or something, but lucked out as I got given a hilt by Jagex....

Oh and last weekend I was away on holiday, got back on sunday and burnt all the herbs in my bank on sunday night about 10pm, got from 85 - 88 herby (now 91). If you were wondering.

Yes they can be a good idea but they need serious restraints on them.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)