Rock climbing boots affecting RuneScape

Leoo

Im personally pissed off. Everything was already inflated, but now EVERYTHING is going to inflate from such a stupid update. Im not even selling my DFS now, Im holding onto it because i know it's going to slowly shoot up.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it was for JaGex's amusement. They just wanted to see people panic, and it worked. <_<

Seriously..."Hm let's see how we can f*** over Runescape even more guys! I know we have done a ton of terrible updates already, with a few accidentally decent ones in there, but I think there is even more we can do to damage the Runescape economy!"

Jagex really put their thinking caps on for this one huh..

Big_Stingman.png

The worst part of this whole bloody situation, which everyone is not emphasising enough, is that free cash is not going to legit players, those who PK professionally (95 Prayer and 96 Herblore), but wanna-be, whiny, inexperienced. underserving garbage pures, who safes and piles with rune scimitar and climbing boots. These vermin of Runescape are getting 50m pumped into their bank for doing absolutely nothing but saying 'GFLELELEL l0l0l0l luzlzilz I PKED J00 GOOD' and 'L0L09L0L I BEAT LVL 109 L0LOLOM U SUCKS7UCKLSCU' and PK so badly you sometimes question why PVP even exists in this god forsaken game. Now every pure who has a good stock of those climbing boots will be able to afford claws, decent herblore/prayer levels and are off to spec us legit players out of our dear lives. Run, comrades, run before our asses get [bleep]scratched.

I -still- don't see why this is an issue. Who stocked thousands of these during normal use? Because before they were worthless, most players would have 1, or maybe a dozen at most, assuming they had them at all. The only people that could benefit from this are those that hoarded them before the update, but to do that they would've had to know about the update beforehand. That could've applied to anything then; anyone would benefit from an update if they knew about the contents beforehand.

The worst part of this whole bloody situation, which everyone is not emphasising enough, is that free cash is not going to legit players, those who PK professionally (95 Prayer and 96 Herblore), but wanna-be, whiny, inexperienced. underserving garbage pures, who safes and piles with rune scimitar and climbing boots. These vermin of Runescape are getting 50m pumped into their bank for doing absolutely nothing but saying 'GFLELELEL l0l0l0l luzlzilz I PKED J00 GOOD' and 'L0L09L0L I BEAT LVL 109 L0LOLOM U SUCKS7UCKLSCU' and PK so badly you sometimes question why PVP even exists in this god forsaken game. Now every pure who has a good stock of those climbing boots will be able to afford claws, decent herblore/prayer levels and are off to spec us legit players out of our dear lives. Run, comrades, run before our asses get [bleep]scratched.

rofl you implyed you can use extremes in pvp. Your obvoiously 'legit.' And you realise most high levels who welfare (rune edge fights, welfare briding) use climbing boots also.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

well, let's not understatethe problem here. lets say each person in rs had a pair of climbing boots. lets estimate that number at 3million (though many people have 100k+).

3 million at 45k alch value is 135tril into the economy. 135tril.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

rofl you implyed you can use extremes in pvp. Your obvoiously 'legit.' And you realise most high levels who welfare (rune edge fights, welfare briding) use climbing boots also.

I do admit I forgot that extremes cannot be used in PVP. And I am legit (definitely much more than stupid pures), but I don't PK. And if high levels wish to welfare, they should probably get rune boots. Those are exceedingly cheap and offer much better bonuses than a pair of silly climbing boots.

I feel bad, they're spamming my name everywhere like I am some legend of RuneScape. Chanting it at the riot worlds, every other thread in Recent Update and Rants is about me, and mentioning my name in a Mod's CC gets you kicked.

All I did was voice my opinion, I wish more people did too...

Sucks because they forum banned both my accounts when I didn't even break a rule, they did it on the grounds of the video I posted, which wasn't even refereced to once in my thread. I wasn't aware they could ban you for expressing criticism on an entirely separate website.

And now they have people raging at them hardcore.

I feel special lol

I saw the videos... What else did you do?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I saw the videos... What else did you do?

I made a post on the forum expressing my discontent with the update, broke no rules in doing such, and then uploaded a youtube video, broke no youtube rules, but apparently broke a lot of runescape rules. too bad that shouldnt matter, considering it was on youtube, and not runescape's website.

they then forum banned me without just cause, and deleted any posts i made within the last 24 hours

i also got a pm from a jmod in game (right as i was logging out, didnt catch the name) saying something along the lines of "what you said in that video is untrue, and i would advise against you not making another video, or action can be taken". so of course, i made a second video lol.

now going in mod mark or mod mmg's cc and saying my name gets you kicked, and mentioning my name on RSOF gets you forum banned (someone got a one year ban for saying my name)... my name is spammed everywhere on riot worlds, calling me savior, martyr, legend, hero, president, god (lol'd at them all), and you can usually find at least one thread about me in the recent updates forum, the rants forum, or the high level forum.

all because jagex can't be honest with us... maybe if the majority of us stopped let them stomp all over us, this wouldnt happen.

I feel bad, they're spamming my name everywhere like I am some legend of RuneScape. Chanting it at the riot worlds, every other thread in Recent Update and Rants is about me, and mentioning my name in a Mod's CC gets you kicked.

Link to the vids plz?

Link to the vids plz?

Just search for his name on YouTube.

If you spam "Logdotzip" in Mod MMG's clan chat, the mod does nothing to you. Instead, she says "It's a code of endearment." WTF

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This is an explanation on the economics. The economy has the potential to be manipulated into even more inflation. Blame peoples fear, greed, and jagex's pure stupidity

Rsof qfc:

15-16-875-61195126

zkoppl1.png

I dont understand why JaGex can't maintain a few player liaisons to help them come up with solutions to these type of rebalances. I mean seriously, there have been so many better ideas posted in this one thread alone...

Why do they fail at communication so much? They can't all have Asperger's, can they?

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

well, let's not understatethe problem here. lets say each person in rs had a pair of climbing boots. lets estimate that number at 3million (though many people have 100k+).

3 million at 45k alch value is 135tril into the economy. 135tril.

Wouldn't that be 135 billion?

Which I agree is still alot to be pumped into the economy in one day though...

Are they going to blame BTS again now?

IMO they need to hire a crisis manager to deal with these kind of situations in the future.

I dont understand why JaGex can't maintain a few player liaisons to help them come up with solutions to these type of rebalances. I mean seriously, there have been so many better ideas posted in this one thread alone...

Why do they fail at communication so much? They can't all have Asperger's, can they?

Yet they are pushing toward a more group/social based gameplay.

Failllllll,

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.