Leoo

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errrrrr............

Everyone should watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/logdotzip?blend=1&ob=4

Nobody on the internet lies. Nobody. Ever.

It's also really hard to fake a picture. Impossible almost.

the sarcasm, its dripping.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Well, I did used to use climbing boots in places where a chance of death was high...

Now, once I'm out of them, I'm out. :rolleyes:

Lottery time for some noobs , no reason to cry about it though.

Your cashpile got ~5% smaller. Congratz. Glad you like being robbed.

I'm robbed everytime I buy something and then resell it on the GE.

I gave up caring about it after being forced onto the GE with coinshare inflation years ago.

I didn't say this update wasn't stupid bare in mind, just not worth crying about like the big-hits-4-noobs update.

I think Mod Mark's responses for this update are rediculous.

I loved the one where he said that they wanted to make rock climbing boots more buyable on the GE. Rofl.

Half the commodities on the GE are fricken untradeable thanks to their precious "merchant clans".

And nobody is going to use them anymore anyway...

They need to have CEO MMG come on here and blow some smoke up our asses.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

While I'm not really affected, it is just a game. I don't see why we should be so panicked - it's not the end of the world. Do you the reader, have over 1000 pairs of climbing boots? Do you know anyone with a substantial amount of them?

Sure, a small minority will - but thats the point, a small minority will benefit but certainly not enough to change it. Where you need to start paying 15,000GP each time you want a pile of Dragon bones to train your prayer level? If it does end up being the case, so-be-it.

I can't see the average player having more then 3 pairs of boots. But nor do I agree with it being a smart idea, far from it.

Put bluntly: Dry your eyes and learn to cope with it.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason every pker used climbing boots were because they were an inexpensive strength bonus. Now they're almost equivalent in price to rune boots, and if i'm right, surpassed addy boots by a bunch. Why even use it anymore? Why not get cheaper addy boots that carry a small str bonus and have a defence bonus? I don't think climbers will be popular at all anymore because only the die-hard "pay-everything-for-a-strength-bonus" pkers will use them.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

While I'm not really affected, it is just a game. I don't see why we should be so panicked - it's not the end of the world. Do you the reader, have over 1000 pairs of climbing boots? Do you know anyone with a substantial amount of them? Sure, a small minority will - but thats the point, a small minority will benefit but certainly not enough to change it. Where you need to start paying 15,000GP each time you want a pile of Dragon bones to train your prayer level? If it does end up being the case, so-be-it.

We pay Jagex money to play the game, the least they could do is take us into consideration.

Nobody on the internet lies. Nobody. Ever.

It's also really hard to fake a picture. Impossible almost.

True, it was apparently a fake.

I, just as every corporation in the world, am not afraid to learn from my mistakes and make things right.

the sarcasm, its dripping.

I hope I did a great job in this too? :wink:

While I'm not really affected, it is just a game. I don't see why we should be so panicked - it's not the end of the world. Do you the reader, have over 1000 pairs of climbing boots? Do you know anyone with a substantial amount of them?

Sure, a small minority will - but thats the point, a small minority will benefit but certainly not enough to change it. Where you need to start paying 15,000GP each time you want a pile of Dragon bones to train your prayer level? If it does end up being the case, so-be-it.

I can't see the average player having more then 3 pairs of boots. But nor do I agree with it being a smart idea, far from it.

Oh, but you are affected.

Essentially, your cash pile will be devaluing in the next few months. E.g. 20M will not be worth 20M in a few months. It could be worth several million GP less.

Sure, you may say people are overreacting, but it was a foolish update and it is irritating to deal with further increases in prices.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

so is jagex just stupid?

No, they are really, really stupid and think we must be aswell...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

@Delt: I am well aware of that. But as I said, if I missed the memo and its common for every single player to have an unlimited stash of these laying around, I don't see it happening that bad. But - if I did indeed miss the memo. I'll deal with it.

And of course the update was silly. I don't mind if the prices increased - as I said I'll deal with it. But I don't understand why there was any need to preform this update. But I don't care enough to investigate or indeed debate about it.

After thinking about it, the only inflation this will cause is from players panicing and buying out supplies such as dragon bones and potions. So if things do rise, it's probably because of people worrying too much about a tiny molehill in the runescape economy and turning it into a mountain themselves.

C1Geq.png

I read a really sensible alternative change on the RSOF. The poster suggested that all of the existing boots be introduced as the new boots with no stats or low stats (only 1 str bonus?) and new boots would be available for the new price.

I like everyone else here have to say that 75k is just ridiculous by any standard. I think 10 or even 20k would have been much more sensible. They were remarkably cheap and should have probably gone up at least by a little bit, but this jump is pants on head insane.

Granted, I'm not too too concerned about my money. I already had a lot of it locked up in dragon bones and herbs, which look like they're going to be rising up anyway. So I'm pretty much inflation safe.

Hold onto your rares boys. :rolleyes: I'll be withdrawing my santa that's been trying to sell for 126m for 2 months. :rolleyes:

I like how there are complaints every single day on the RSOF about street prices on rares... and Jagex decides "fix" climbing boots.

I don't understand this update. It was completely unnecessary and how they didn't foresee the implications is beyond me. Last year it was statuetts, and this year climbing boots. I wonder what Jagex has in store for the super-inflation of the summer of 2011.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

You have missed the entire point of why the majority is upset. The entire point.

The points on this topic as to why this topic was so terribly reasoned have been spelled out, plain as day, by many rational people. Using the point "Oh well it won't affect me, stop being crybabies" is insulting and ignorant, since that's not what people are upset over.

We all know nothing will change at this point. But by logically expressing arguments, which again have been done repeatedly damn near everywhere, we can hope that something like this won't happen again. We have shown Jagex how we feel on our terms, in the right way. Not with stupid riots, or spamming the RSOF. Here, in threads like this.

Don't devalue it because you can't understand it.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's not the inflation that's the problem with this situation. As people have mentioned, it will most likely only have a short term effect on the economy before the extra money gets redistributed and eventually leaves the game; the effects will likely echo for a bit longer because of the panic and overreaction that's been caused by it. The problem is that the situation was absolutely avoidable and unnecessary. If Jagex had taken the time to be a little more creative with the solution to something they perceived as a problem and imbalance in the game, there wouldn't be this upset at all. Anyone who knows anything about Runescape can tell that the economy and inflation are hotly debated issues; these are things that everyone has some kind of opinion on. I know that there are people who think Jagex is largely disconnected from their consumer base and the player experience of the game; most of the time I don't agree with those people. In this case though, I absolutely think Jagex should have anticipated that this would cause a certain amount of panic and uproar in the community (given how the community sees inflation) and come up with a different way to bring about the changes they wanted.

Honestly, Jagex dropped the ball on this one, and they most likely don't view the way they handled this as a problem because they've continued to be insensitive to the community's fears and reactions since. I don't think they should roll back (and it's much too late for them to do it now without causing more harm than good), but they might want to take a look at how they're valuing and approaching their customers fears in relation to how they value what they want to get done. The customer service aspect of this update leaves a lot to be desired.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

@Kim, I know why people are upset and understand it. My point is that I don't see the need since its not something we play to hate at but enjoy. Although I can see why people would dislike this. But I still stand that I don't see it effecting majorly, but as you said it is beside the point. It was still a stupid move by Jagex and some research should have been done and a more less dramatic solution instead of making so much uproar. Perhaps my quoted statement was a little too blunt and the TIF style is a much better then what you see all around in-game, I suppose we can only hope that Jagex will actually listen.

EDIT: Based on the other thread, leaking the update however is where I go angry myself.

Imo they could have just removed the old price roof of climbing boots so they could rise freely. No need to overkill something while making its primary use unpractical.