Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spears don't work with new rings?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep
Assuming none of the rings work for spears, does this make Flame Defender and Hailstorm Dagger best combo? Accuracy put with zerker ring sounds good doesn't it... Apparently Mod Emilee and Mod Mark said different things on rsof, so what's the deal? If spears really work like this then they are garbage and I'd think flame defender and hailstorm dagger really might be best...

Berserk ring info ONLY mentioned on forums, [bleep] you JaGeX?

"If you upgrade the 'Tactician' part of the ring, can you only make use of this class by fighting in an 'accurate style'?"

Yes, you have to be in accurate. You have to be in aggressive stance to utilise the berserker class.

Hameigh
[ Display Name History ]

Hameigh

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 159 posts
Yeah now I'm wondering what wep is now best. I'd prefer the accuracy boost to the strength boost so what prom wep would be best?
Posted Image

Da_Latios
[ Display Name History ]

Da_Latios

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hiroki
Wow. Fail. I just spend 60k tokens - got tier 8 berserker amongst other things - and now I can't even use it? I really wish you could 'unspend' tokens.
Posted Image
IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat
Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RSN:Lep

Wow. Fail. I just spend 60k tokens - got tier 8 berserker amongst other things - and now I can't even use it? I really wish you could 'unspend' tokens.

Damn, and I'm angry for wasting 1k tokens. :shock:

AlexRose
[ Display Name History ]

AlexRose

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • RSN:Many Cookies
A 15-20% increase in strength or attack does not alone jusify losing the ability to hit weak points on all the monsters.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

A 15-20% increase in strength or attack does not alone jusify losing the ability to hit weak points on all the monsters.

I been using a 2h since 94 =p and got a hood at 96so...:)

Shelby_Polo
[ Display Name History ]

Shelby_Polo

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • RSN:Shelby Polo

My thoughts exactly, so I'm little upset as well.

Posted Image
Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
Apparently two of the magic rings don't work at all either

77yLQy8.png

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
I was already disappointed that the first two classes were anti spear. I will be very disappointed if I wasted tokens to get berserker tier 5 and then can't even use it with my spear. Why can't Jagex not be difficult.... Just let us have a general accuracy bonus, a general defensive bonus, and a general strength bonus.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:The Ancient
2H is prob the best now. Tbh 10-15% strength > (Spear>2H advantage)
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

I was already disappointed that the first two classes were anti spear. I will be very disappointed if I wasted tokens to get berserker tier 5 and then can't even use it with my spear. Why can't Jagex not be difficult.... Just let us have a general accuracy bonus, a general defensive bonus, and a general strength bonus.

Now you actually have to choose between a weapon.. Not simply follow the crowd..

I'm all for a great range of equally strong weapons so we finally get to see some DIFFERENCES in set ups :).

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts
Yeah, I havn't seen any difference in my damage after upgrading my ring to berserker tier 5. Right now I'm rushing through the ice floors trying to get a hailstorm dagger.... Whats the best floors to do to get a flameburst defender? Also, which is going to be the best ring to use with that combo? Berserker or the Accuracy one?
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Now you actually have to choose between a weapon.. Not simply follow the crowd..

I'm all for a great range of equally strong weapons so we finally get to see some DIFFERENCES in set ups :).

You can poison a spear and it can hit most monsters weaknesses. Why limit yourself to specific attack styles when you can have a broad range? The poison damage also helps you out a lot. What other weapons, besides daggers, can be poisoned? There's a good reason why spears were the most popular.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

AlexRose
[ Display Name History ]

AlexRose

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • RSN:Many Cookies

Yeah, I havn't seen any difference in my damage after upgrading my ring to berserker tier 5. Right now I'm rushing through the ice floors trying to get a hailstorm dagger.... Whats the best floors to do to get a flameburst defender? Also, which is going to be the best ring to use with that combo? Berserker or the Accuracy one?

That would be the Furnished floors, I believe. But really? You'd rather give up your defensive for whatever power the Flameburst and Hailstorm provide together? It's an average of an extra 20 damage per combat round...

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

That would be the Furnished floors, I believe. But really? You'd rather give up your defensive for whatever power the Flameburst and Hailstorm provide together?

Indeed I would. I've always played games in the role of offensive rather than defensive.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

Apparently two of the magic rings don't work at all either

What!? Magic doesn't work? Sheesh, and I was gonna try to get 77 RC to mage there...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev
As far as I can see the dagger has little to no accuracy ..

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
What??? Berserker only works on aggressive?? Maybe the damn manual should have said that... Ffs Jagex.

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai

What??? Berserker only works on aggressive?? Maybe the damn manual should have said that... Ffs Jagex.

That's what I said! Even a J Mod stated you don't have to be on aggressive to use it! J Mod's and their wrong info -.-

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

You can poison a spear and it can hit most monsters weaknesses. Why limit yourself to specific attack styles when you can have a broad range? The poison damage also helps you out a lot. What other weapons, besides daggers, can be poisoned? There's a good reason why spears were the most popular.

Because often if you choose a "role" you get more variety in a game.

Ie someone plays a tank and takes the stufff for that.. Another person plays as DPS, another as nuke, and someone as support..

Would give much more tactic to dungeoneering and runescape as a whole

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users