Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should the daily assistance experience cap be put up?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

onedaysoon
[ Display Name History ]

onedaysoon

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tempest Alex
After doing a bit of Dungeoneering in world 117, it has become clear to me now more then ever before just how many people need the assistance for effigys, but are unable to get it due to people with the relevant skills having already used up their daily assistance exp. While obviously the cap should not be limitless, I believe it should be raised to around 50 or 60k a day.

This would mean that people could get slightly more experience per day for that skill, or even better, assist with numerous skills if able. This would also save a lot of time for people that want to get their dragonkin lamps as standing around yelling "Need 93 smith assist" can get very tedious.

Thats my opinion anyway, what do you guys think?

4sDIn.png

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts
It's fine the way it is, it encourages you to get the lvls yourself.

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan
raise it to your trade limit, including the increase for friends.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

It's fine the way it is, it encourages you to get the lvls yourself.

Yeah, I agree with this. It would be pretty OP if the cap was raised anymore.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Singh
[ Display Name History ]

Singh

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • RSN:LtGen Singh
  • Clan:DGS
yah, i would like to a raise

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Six Foot One
I would like this. Doing just about anything in rs i have multiple people asking for construction assistance. Although i do understand their limit, and honestly don't see jagex doing anything to change it.
Posted Image

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
well the problem is some people only want to assist certain skills and not waste heir time helping for others, obviously everyone wants to assist herblore the most, and maybe farming 2nd most but that leaves some people like smithing needers helpless

my idea is that the cap should be 30k er skill, this way youd have to assist a variety of skills, 1 of every type of effigy in order to max your assisting

this would bdo a few good things

1. it would raise the limit
2. it prevent someone from campling 1 skill for assisting
3. would let some have an equal shot at assisting every skill
4. it would let 1 person be able to assist 1 full effigy for a friend
Posted Image

Codguy
[ Display Name History ]

Codguy

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • RSN:Codguy
  • RSN2:Codgirl
  • Clan:FSC
Of course I'd like a increase, because I get asked a few times a day, even if I play for a few minutes on that day.

However, I don't mind the 30k xp. What I do mind is that you can't assist someone if you're capped. I'd like to be able to assist my friends even if I don't get xp, as I try to help out friends and even random strangers as much as possible. So it frustrates me that one person needs a level 97 assist on an effigy, and then I can't help anyone, whatsoever, for 24 hours, by assisting.
Posted Image

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
The exp cap should stay BUT the option to assist should be unlimited so that more people can get a chance
at their effigies instead of relying on luck to find the right person for them.

But I what I would prefer the most is the remove the effigy system altogether.... :rolleyes:

Jabuli
[ Display Name History ]

Jabuli

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,014 posts
Nope.

On the other hand, the ability to assist effigies should be removed.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

Of course I'd like a increase, because I get asked a few times a day, even if I play for a few minutes on that day.

However, I don't mind the 30k xp. What I do mind is that you can't assist someone if you're capped. I'd like to be able to assist my friends even if I don't get xp, as I try to help out friends and even random strangers as much as possible. So it frustrates me that one person needs a level 97 assist on an effigy, and then I can't help anyone, whatsoever, for 24 hours, by assisting.

I agree with this method. It seems rather pointless that a system labelled assist can actually stop you from assisting. The only thing I can think of to keep the limit is that maybe it stops effigies from becoming too overpowered and overused? They are already rather hefty, but with limitless assists, could they become much more?
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
Just let them assist with no xp. Like if I'm "maxed" I can assist, but I'll get no xp.

Lugia_Lvl138
[ Display Name History ]

Lugia_Lvl138

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts
When I type "offering 95 Smith" at 117 Dungeon, I usually get my 30k exp in a minute or less.

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.
Solo GWD Drops:
5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts

When I type "offering 95 Smith" at 117 Dungeon, I usually get my 30k exp in a minute or less.

97+ rc at any bank is just about instant lol

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron

Nope.

it sounds harsh, but this. effigies are just too good imo.

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
NO!

Its ridiculous how fast I am already getting xp. It drastically needs lowering or atleast a cap on the effigy assistance. Its very overpowered, compare it penguin points!

However I think the assistance should be unlimited without xp gains.

Nope.

Totally. + Other peoples various quotes.

Possibly offer other options for people to get them I.D'd or some other better reward than that 5k? or whatever it is.

Also I think they need to be drastically less common, they need to actually be rare! Instead of 1 in 500 kills it should be something like 1 in 5000 or even higher due to the huge xp it offers for personal use.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse
yes, we need SOME kind of boost. Even if its just getting no xp when you assist at your cap, it would cut down on the backlog of effigies by a lot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

crashNburn
[ Display Name History ]

crashNburn

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
No, it would be nice, but the way things work now is fine.

Struggling to find assists is the price you pay for not having the relevant skills.

Along with that, the assist limit is fine as is. Even raising it to 50k would be too much, 1.4-1.5m exp per month for basically no work at all.

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RSN:Jettrider
Are you kidding me? The experience cap for the Assist System should be tightened instead of raised...perhaps 25k, so you can no longer assist a 95 and 97 effigy in the same day.

The Assist System was meant to be a replacement for friends trading over rune bars or onyx gems and having a piece of armour/jewelry made. Ancient Effigies were meant to be incentives for people to train noncombat skills to high levels while providing last ditch methods for lower levels to still use them. The Assist System is already quite powerful for this purpose.

2496 Completionist

Grimy_Bunyip
[ Display Name History ]

Grimy_Bunyip

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • RSN:Grimy Bunyip
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers

Are you kidding me? The experience cap for the Assist System should be tightened instead of raised...perhaps 25k, so you can no longer assist a 95 and 97 effigy in the same day.

The Assist System was meant to be a replacement for friends trading over rune bars or onyx gems and having a piece of armour/jewelry made. Ancient Effigies were meant to be incentives for people to train noncombat skills to high levels while providing last ditch methods for lower levels to still use them. The Assist System is already quite powerful for this purpose.

jagex made it quite clear when they released it that effigies were meant to be assisted.
TBH I like where it is right now, because if people could assist effigies and gain no xp for 30k xp, all the effigies would get used up.
And we'd see alot of junk trading going on so people can buy up effigy xp.
Which I think would also be a bad thing.

Ideally jagex should streamline the process of finding open assisters.
have the amount of xp you can assist be reflected in the hiscores for one thing would be nice.
Or a GE system for finding effigy assisters, where you offer and request effigy assistance.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users