Should the daily assistance experience cap be put up?

onedaysoon

After doing a bit of Dungeoneering in world 117, it has become clear to me now more then ever before just how many people need the assistance for effigys, but are unable to get it due to people with the relevant skills having already used up their daily assistance exp. While obviously the cap should not be limitless, I believe it should be raised to around 50 or 60k a day.

This would mean that people could get slightly more experience per day for that skill, or even better, assist with numerous skills if able. This would also save a lot of time for people that want to get their dragonkin lamps as standing around yelling "Need 93 smith assist" can get very tedious.

Thats my opinion anyway, what do you guys think?

4sDIn.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raise it to your trade limit, including the increase for friends.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

well the problem is some people only want to assist certain skills and not waste heir time helping for others, obviously everyone wants to assist herblore the most, and maybe farming 2nd most but that leaves some people like smithing needers helpless

my idea is that the cap should be 30k er skill, this way youd have to assist a variety of skills, 1 of every type of effigy in order to max your assisting

this would bdo a few good things

1. it would raise the limit

2. it prevent someone from campling 1 skill for assisting

3. would let some have an equal shot at assisting every skill

4. it would let 1 person be able to assist 1 full effigy for a friend

a_final_name.png

Of course I'd like a increase, because I get asked a few times a day, even if I play for a few minutes on that day.

However, I don't mind the 30k xp. What I do mind is that you can't assist someone if you're capped. I'd like to be able to assist my friends even if I don't get xp, as I try to help out friends and even random strangers as much as possible. So it frustrates me that one person needs a level 97 assist on an effigy, and then I can't help anyone, whatsoever, for 24 hours, by assisting.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

The exp cap should stay BUT the option to assist should be unlimited so that more people can get a chance

at their effigies instead of relying on luck to find the right person for them.

But I what I would prefer the most is the remove the effigy system altogether.... :rolleyes:

Of course I'd like a increase, because I get asked a few times a day, even if I play for a few minutes on that day.

However, I don't mind the 30k xp. What I do mind is that you can't assist someone if you're capped. I'd like to be able to assist my friends even if I don't get xp, as I try to help out friends and even random strangers as much as possible. So it frustrates me that one person needs a level 97 assist on an effigy, and then I can't help anyone, whatsoever, for 24 hours, by assisting.

I agree with this method. It seems rather pointless that a system labelled assist can actually stop you from assisting. The only thing I can think of to keep the limit is that maybe it stops effigies from becoming too overpowered and overused? They are already rather hefty, but with limitless assists, could they become much more?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

When I type "offering 95 Smith" at 117 Dungeon, I usually get my 30k exp in a minute or less.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

NO!

Its ridiculous how fast I am already getting xp. It drastically needs lowering or atleast a cap on the effigy assistance. Its very overpowered, compare it penguin points!

However I think the assistance should be unlimited without xp gains.

Nope.

On the other hand, the ability to assist effigies should be removed.

Totally. + Other peoples various quotes.

Possibly offer other options for people to get them I.D'd or some other better reward than that 5k? or whatever it is.

Also I think they need to be drastically less common, they need to actually be rare! Instead of 1 in 500 kills it should be something like 1 in 5000 or even higher due to the huge xp it offers for personal use.

yes, we need SOME kind of boost. Even if its just getting no xp when you assist at your cap, it would cut down on the backlog of effigies by a lot.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

No, it would be nice, but the way things work now is fine.

Struggling to find assists is the price you pay for not having the relevant skills.

Along with that, the assist limit is fine as is. Even raising it to 50k would be too much, 1.4-1.5m exp per month for basically no work at all.

Are you kidding me? The experience cap for the Assist System should be tightened instead of raised...perhaps 25k, so you can no longer assist a 95 and 97 effigy in the same day.

The Assist System was meant to be a replacement for friends trading over rune bars or onyx gems and having a piece of armour/jewelry made. Ancient Effigies were meant to be incentives for people to train noncombat skills to high levels while providing last ditch methods for lower levels to still use them. The Assist System is already quite powerful for this purpose.

2496 Completionist

Are you kidding me? The experience cap for the Assist System should be tightened instead of raised...perhaps 25k, so you can no longer assist a 95 and 97 effigy in the same day.

The Assist System was meant to be a replacement for friends trading over rune bars or onyx gems and having a piece of armour/jewelry made. Ancient Effigies were meant to be incentives for people to train noncombat skills to high levels while providing last ditch methods for lower levels to still use them. The Assist System is already quite powerful for this purpose.

jagex made it quite clear when they released it that effigies were meant to be assisted.

TBH I like where it is right now, because if people could assist effigies and gain no xp for 30k xp, all the effigies would get used up.

And we'd see alot of junk trading going on so people can buy up effigy xp.

Which I think would also be a bad thing.

Ideally jagex should streamline the process of finding open assisters.

have the amount of xp you can assist be reflected in the hiscores for one thing would be nice.

Or a GE system for finding effigy assisters, where you offer and request effigy assistance.

Naaxi.png

jagex made it quite clear when they released it that effigies were meant to be assisted.

TBH I like where it is right now, because if people could assist effigies and gain no xp for 30k xp, all the effigies would get used up.

And we'd see alot of junk trading going on so people can buy up effigy xp.

Which I think would also be a bad thing.

Ideally jagex should streamline the process of finding open assisters.

have the amount of xp you can assist be reflected in the hiscores for one thing would be nice.

Or a GE system for finding effigy assisters, where you offer and request effigy assistance.

assisting over ge, just offer and you get the xp when someone wants it? now that would be absolutely awesome!!

pere_grin.png

It's fine the way it is. You know what will happen when you can give unlimited assist?

Everyone will be training combat to train other skills like rc, herblore, construction, prayer, etc. Soon, collecting effigies will be the best exp for some skills.

Staurolite.png

The people that usually want the limit to be increased are those who seek assistance, the people that usually disagree are those who do assist...go figure. No. They should absolutely not increase the limit, getting 30k rc xp in no time at all EVERY day is more than enough as it is, any more is just ridiculous. The people that whine should just go train their skills or trade the effigies in for 5k lamps, it's not as though you have to have them assisted, i'd even guess that it's more efficient to just take the 5k lamp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.