Minecraft General

demby123

Texture Pack: Brown and Bloom

Mods:

Biome Terrain Mod

Mo' Creatures

Humans+ (a bit broken on my PC atm)

Useful mods not shown in picture:

Sign Tags (signs can tell time, position, light level, lots of things)

Hang glider (I believe I can fly!)

Elevator Block (a elevator vehicle)

More Worlds (15 worlds instead of 5)

Thanks for the compliments, guys. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'd be creative if I could actually play MC on my own laptop. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Not much is known about it, but it is expected to come after the final version of the game is released.

He won't be releasing it anytime soon. :( Zombie siege would be so much fun in minecraft.

Dude why is minecraft being so stupid right now? I need more than anything a time of winding down, and I can't. It's either this or cleaning the house obsessively...and the house is pretty clean right now. Bah.

Worst timing ever.

hzvjpwS.gif

Is there anything I can use that allows to me completely change my world map? I want to have a decent sized island, but not so big that it's a continent.

My idea, really, is to make an island fortress or just make some of my 2d picture designs into fortresses.

I should scan them in to show you guys! They might actually pose a challenge to build and are pretty impressive |^_^|

i want to recreate oot world once i get this.

2 big problems with that tho

1) slopes. i cant make them

2) 1 texture for each item. i would need 4+ for just ladders

wonder if notch could make a chissle or an item to cut a block at a angle (for slopes)

and made it so you could make x amount of textures for each item (say a max of 10, i doubt copying anything irl or game would need more than 10 for each item)

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

With just vanilla Minecraft, a lot of what you'd need is impossible - you could sort of create slopes (at least slightly smoother than normal blocks) using cobblestone and wood staircase blocks - I did this for my roofs, but it's still not perfect (and it only works for cobblestone and wood sloping). Using mods, though...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=164190

I didn't install it since I didn't feel the need for it, but this looks like it might help.

As for making several ladder pieces (or any other block for that matter) with different textures, you'd likely have to mod in new ladder blocks with a different crafting recipe with the new texture, since as I understand it, it's one texture for each block, and I don't know if this can be altered.

However, I do recall a paint block mod a while back that allows for a paintbrush that paints blocks, but it was fairly limited and only adjusted the color, and not the actual look of the block.

If there's any mods at all that'll help, they'd be in the Mapping and Modding section of the Minecraft Forums. I tend to pick through a lot of the topics there, so hopefully something will catch my eye that'll help and I'll post it here.

In other news, I've been working on yet another castle, this time using INVEdit to give myself the supplies I need. I also have a huge list of mods installed, although many of them small and a good majority of them fixes (Better Stairs and Glass, for instance). In addition, since ControllerBloc was finally updated by a new modder other than the original creator, I used that to create a functional gate for my castle - although, I admit, it doesn't really have much use considering I don't even have the entire surrounding wall built yet, lol :P

Pics to come once they're uploaded, and I'll edit this post with em. It's nowhere near done, though.

EDIT: Some screenies of the castle thus far:

[spoiler=Pics]castle001.png

castle002.png

castle003.png

castle004.png

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

I second that Cleveland.

*Sigh* I reformatted by computer last night and forgot to save my Minecraft files. I was meaning to start a new world since I forgot I used a "all-forest" biome setting, but now all my mods are gone.

I'll play Minecraft whenever I feel like collecting them all up again. <_<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[spoiler=Design]]scan0001ps.jpg

It didn't scan very well... <_< I just really enjoy drawing with wood, so that's why it's straight line for the most part. Have a few others, but too lazy to scan them.

Gunna start building it soon.

You could always gather lots of dirt and sand and build your own. That'd be even more impressive.

Ya, that's what I meant. Not my personal army, I know, I know.

You could probably use MCedit, or if you dont want to just generate new worlds. Other than that, sorry I can't be of more help.

On a different note, is there a Cartograph tool for current version? If so, l1nk$ pl0x?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

On a different note, is there a Cartograph tool for current version? If so, l1nk$ pl0x?

http://cartograph.room101.no/Cartograph.zip

That's a very nice design there, Adam. Reminds me of a TF2 map for some reason. :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg

Thanks for the link!

And I agree, if you pull it off, don't even bother with screens, just make a vid with commentary showing the whole thing! no joke, it looks amazing. I also agree with Giordano, kind of has the industrial feel of TF2.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I used MCedit to quickly strip mine and, well, there were tons of pots, but the most interesting thing I saw was a group of squids. Probably displaced them when I removed the water.

mceditlol.png

And thanks for the compliments. I'll do my best to build it well!

Started a new world, flattened a hill down to a good platform for a fort/tower.

Harvested a load of sandstone and cobbles and built that, then the game crashed. Got lost and after reading on a forum that clouds go north, i folowed them and found snow -.-

Downloaded cartograph and discovered i has went basicially a million miles in the wrong direction, so i found my base, mined and created a compass and made a torch path so i can find my way back.

Sad thing is cartograph cant render sandsotone so my tower looks a bit strange :/

w5day.png

w5night.png

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Needs more underground tunnel from your spawn to your tower. ;)

One thing I hate about making tunnels, is the making walls and ceiling with wall-material so it doesn't look like you're waddling through dirt.

siggy3s.jpg

I decided on what I'm building. It's not the picture I posted earlier but it's a design that I made that is more of a coastal tourist viewing area. It'll have a deep underwater viewing area as well as ontop. Hope it'll work out alright :^_^:

Should I use Planks, Iron Ingrots, Stone or something else to build my base? I have the underlying concept about how to build one of my designs, but I'm not sure what main material to use :unsure: Any suggestions?

Shovel, love the building. :thumbup: Wish we could see it with the sandstone though :(

Shovel, love the building. :thumbup: Wish we could see it with the sandstone though :(

Fix'ed it for ya.

And I think he's going to INVEdit if I remember correctly.

--

Is there going to be an update tomorrow? If its true then [bleep]ING HELL there goes my mods again.

siggy3s.jpg