[DevBlog] Bonus XP Weekend: Second Helping

Mil

Makes sense that you don't get double tokens. You don't get double runes from runecrafting, or double logs from woodcutting.

Personally, I am going to train skills that I hate, starting with agility. I can always just make more money and level con/herb later.

It doesn't make make sense, actually. You're supposed to get tokens based on 10% of your exp, in this case, you'll be getting 1/27, 1/25.5, 1/24, etc etc. I realize it's double 'EXP' weekend, but you get your tokens based on a percentage of you're exp regardless.

If you are mad about them not doubling tokens in dungeoneering, then train a different skill. You can complain all you want, it's not going to change it. And don't give me that "I'm not complaining..." crap. Yes you are. Just pick some other skills and train them. No big deal.

Dungeoneering gets rediculous XP/tokens to begin with. And now with the new floors, you can rack up XP/tokens very quickly without any XP modifiers.

Big_Stingman.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, this will just cancel out the effects of the MtK glitch. Two wrongs make a normal.

Meanwhile, everybody will be way too greedy to make a substantial resistance to the idea, and considering that they weren't really stopped the first time around, it's not likely that they'll stop now until they've reached some threshold level which will give them leeway to making high level content.

That is, if they manage to finish it in the first place.

8f14270694.jpg

I wonder how high water tallies will rise in price... I've got about 2k of them in my bank.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Do you think it'd work this time to log out just before the minute passes to refresh it for more xp? That's what some people did for summoning last time to use up all their charms on the maximun xp. I don't think it'd be against the rules as people use that for herblore (if it still works :P).

Wait, are you talking about the thing people do for stewing? Will that work here? :ohnoes:

Why is this members-only?

Future bonus XP events may well be opened up to free players as well, but we're waiting to see how this one works before making that decision.

Noooooooooo! Please Jagex stop!

Isn't this going to ruin the economy?

As was the case with the last Bonus XP Weekend, we found that ten hours of increased XP had no more or less influence on the economy than any other new way of training skills. We do expect prices for certain items to rise in the run-up to this weekend, but to then naturally level out afterward.

I haven't checked every herb, but didn't most herbs spike at the last bonus xp weekend and not return to their original price or even close to it? Therefore it had an influence on the economy...

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Makes sense that you don't get double tokens. You don't get double runes from runecrafting, or double logs from woodcutting.

Personally, I am going to train skills that I hate, starting with agility. I can always just make more money and level con/herb later.

It doesn't make make sense, actually. You're supposed to get tokens based on 10% of your exp, in this case, you'll be getting 1/27, 1/25.5, 1/24, etc etc. I realize it's double 'EXP' weekend, but you get your tokens based on a percentage of you're exp regardless.

If you are mad about them not doubling tokens in dungeoneering, then train a different skill. You can complain all you want, it's not going to change it. And don't give me that "I'm not complaining..." crap. Yes you are. Just pick some other skills and train them. No big deal.

Dungeoneering gets rediculous XP/tokens to begin with. And now with the new floors, you can rack up XP/tokens very quickly without any XP modifiers.

He's not mad, he's just saying that it doesn't make sense although you are claiming it does. Your explanation isn't logical at all.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Op is a fa..

Nice. just making money off this anyway.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Do you think it'd work this time to log out just before the minute passes to refresh it for more xp? That's what some people did for summoning last time to use up all their charms on the maximun xp. I don't think it'd be against the rules as people use that for herblore (if it still works :P).

Wait a second, this worked the first time?

Really?

Isn't this going to ruin the economy?

As was the case with the last Bonus XP Weekend, we found that ten hours of increased XP had no more or less influence on the economy than any other new way of training skills. We do expect prices for certain items to rise in the run-up to this weekend, but to then naturally level out afterward. This is one of the reasons we are giving plenty of advance warning.

I loled.

Screwing over the economy for 2 weeks+ totally beats screwing it for a day or two.

O.O

Why is this members-only?

Future bonus XP events may well be opened up to free players as well, but we're waiting to see how this one works before making that decision.

Don't copy-paste what you wrote last time. You already know how they work.

Simply say because they pay or don't say something at all.

Cooking - cooking food on range/fire/spit

Does that mean adding ingredients doesn't give extra experience? For example adding Chocolate Dust to a regular Cake.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Lol @ doesnt mess up economy that bad or for very long and some bull about items doing the same on updates...

Its pretty obvious it has a substantial effect and many items remained at a much higher value.

With an update to a skill thats expected but this is just a random one off'ish weekend but it still effects it long term.

They don't believe that XP weekends affect the economy? I'm convinced -- Jagex employees do not play Runescape.

Doesn't permanently affect the economy more or less than other new skill updates. And that is clearly accurate.

Screwing over the economy for 2 weeks+ totally beats screwing it for a day or two.

Are you in sarcasm mode here? Because yes. It does. It absolutely does.

Except tokens are tied 100% directly to the amount of Xp you get off a floor. Nothing else is that restrictive.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

No...

- 2 weeks of many raw materials being unbuyable and at inflated prices, then a week or two for the GE graphs to stabilize before its back to normal.

- 1-2 days of raw materials being unbuyable and then it returns back to normal.

But hey, im not complaining. Its giving my 2k water talismans two extra weeks to rise in price, more money for me :shades:

O.O

I don't really care about the inflated prices due to the weekend. I got all the supplies I needed within a few days off the ge. The only thing that makes me mad about the weekend is the 10% cap on summoning. With the charms I had I could have easily gotten 96+, but I'll settle for 93. So my plan for the weekend, Herb first, then rc till 110%, then hit summoning. Should be fun.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

No...

- 2 weeks of many raw materials being unbuyable and at inflated prices, then a week or two for the GE graphs to stabilize before its back to normal.

- 1-2 days of raw materials being unbuyable and then it returns back to normal.

But hey, im not complaining. Its giving my 2k water talismans two extra weeks to rise in price, more money for me :shades:

Except that 2 weeks' notice allows you to actually train your skills during the bonus xp weekend. So there's that.

People seem to forget this is a game.. So what if the market is screwed up for 3 weeks? There's some action going on. Not always tat same routine. Speculation. Expectation.

As for it cheapening skills.... Not really, except perhaps herblore, but it's so difficult to get your hands on herby stuff that there's some merit to it. All in all, everyone gets the same chance. 4 days definitely should be enough to check-health some trees, at the very least.

WarBlastoise.png

Except that 2 weeks' notice allows you to actually train your skills during the bonus xp weekend. So there's that.

Allows you to train buyables that you prepared for in advance. Otherwise itil be unbuyable on the GE for two weeks leading up to it. Also, you could always, i donno... Train normal skills?

And if you prepared in advance, then 2 weeks notice or 3 days notice, won't make any difference (except a less screwed economy, which coincidentally, benefits me).

As i said, i personally don't mind. But saying 2 weeks notice has a lesser effect on the economy is pretty bad justification.

O.O

Allows you to train buyables that you prepared for in advance. Otherwise itil be unbuyable on the GE for two weeks leading up to it. Also, you could always, i donno... Train normal skills?

And if you prepared in advance, then 2 weeks notice or 3 days notice, won't make any difference (except a less screwed economy, which coincidentally, benefits me).

As i said, i personally don't mind. But saying 2 weeks notice has a lesser effect on the economy is pretty bad justification.

What about getting herb through MTK/aberrant spectres/druids/etc? Mine pure ess, chop logs, slay for charms, mine granite, all that stuff.

Like it or not, those 2 weeks really help with preparation. With 2 weeks, it's not a contest of who had the most herbs in bank at the time it's announced/can be first to buy. (Well, still kind of, but much less worse).

WarBlastoise.png

Just wanted to say if your really dedicated, you can farm 500 - 600 herbs a day. Emphasis on really, and dedicated.

I know my friend farmed 650 lants in 36 hours.

Why? it's much easier to go on the forums and cry that the economy is broken.(as in, we all know there really aren't any serious issues here, people just whine when they are put at a disadvantage due to their own intelligence)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just wanted to say if your really dedicated, you can farm 500 - 600 herbs a day. Emphasis on really, and dedicated.

I know my friend farmed 650 lants in 36 hours.

Why? it's much easier to go on the forums and cry that the economy is broken.(as in, we all know there really aren't any serious issues here, people just whine when they are put at a disadvantage due to their own intelligence)

Lol reminds me of a post I just saw, maybe you saw it too.

I missed a update by 5 minutes, and I bought 1500 avantoe, 800 potato cactus, 1200 papaya, 700 dscale, 600 cadantine, 400 whiteberry overnight. So you don't even have to buy fast to get yourself a decent herb stockpile, people are just lazy or don't know how to find out when the GE updates.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada