01-Sep-10 - Behind The Scenes - September

Toad

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we'll be required to kill Jad for the Karamja Elite Diary? Or will this bring back the whole Fire Cape for Ice Wyrms argument again? Either way I'm really looking forward to these even though I probably wont meet any of the requirements. Gives me some nice high level content to aim for :thumbup:

Oh, please no. Getting one fire cape was bad enough. I dont want to do it again. ;_;

"Do X while wearing a fire cape."

"Kill Jad while wearing a Fire Cape."

:P

I lol'd :thumbsup:

I wonder if we'll be required to kill Jad for the Karamja Elite Diary? Or will this bring back the whole Fire Cape for Ice Wyrms argument again? Either way I'm really looking forward to these even though I probably wont meet any of the requirements. Gives me some nice high level content to aim for :thumbup:

Oh, please no. Getting one fire cape was bad enough. I dont want to do it again. ;_;

"Do X while wearing a fire cape."

"Kill Jad while wearing a Fire Cape."

I lol'd :thumbsup:

tbh thats something worthy of elite task (also restrict to melee combat plz)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Z-buffering - I really don't care about graphical glitches and I think less resources should be devoted to the engine unless they have game-changing content in mind already. Gameplay always comes before tweaks like this in my book and it shouldn't be included in a content-based outline.

Don't you think they wouldn't make an update if they didn't plan to utilize it to the fullest? Just because they didn't say that "Z-Buffering will be used for <random>!" doesn't mean that it isn't going to be used for future big game updates. All of these seemingly innocuous updates, like this and RuneTek 5 and others, build up to allow them to do bigger and better things over time.

Or would you rather they just not tell you about it and leave the week blank anyway?

They already had to redo Elite Treasure Trails because it wasn't going to be done in time for certain items' graphics to work. Engine updates are essential but should NOT be tied to pieces of content like this. I agree, it's always worth setting aside time now to allow for awesome things to happen later. I just don't think that it should be touted as a content update. I WOULD prefer the week be left blank - nothing wrong with honesty.

2496 Completionist

The new elite diaries are gonna rock. I needed some motivation to get 93 slay and train some other skills and it looks like I'm getting it. Although if the Karamaja diaries include something like buy an onyx gem from the Tz-Haar place and make an Onyx bracelet I might be crying for a bit. Would also hate to see a 85+ hunter req because I know I'll never do it. But aside from that I can't wait for them :)

4sDIn.png

The new elite diaries are gonna rock. I needed some motivation to get 93 slay and train some other skills and it looks like I'm getting it. Although if the Karamaja diaries include something like buy an onyx gem from the Tz-Haar place and make an Onyx bracelet I might be crying for a bit.

A bit?

I almost, almost, get hard requirements that you can train however you want, but forcing you to grind tzhaar for freakin ages would make me ragequit.

O.O

The new elite diaries are gonna rock. I needed some motivation to get 93 slay and train some other skills and it looks like I'm getting it. Although if the Karamaja diaries include something like buy an onyx gem from the Tz-Haar place and make an Onyx bracelet I might be crying for a bit.

A bit?

I almost, almost, get hard requirements that you can train however you want, but forcing you to grind tzhaar for freakin ages would make me ragequit.

It's elite, nothing should be off limits. If they go by the crybabies on this thread they would also need to do extra-elite and super-elite down the line.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

A bit?

It's elite, nothing should be off limits. If they go by the crybabies on this thread they would also need to to extra-elite and super-elite down the line.

I don't see it happening but I guess after 2 week court cases nothings off the cards ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

To all those who are probably right to speculate about grabbing the fire cape..... Could it perhaps count if you already have got one? :pray:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

To all those who are probably right to speculate about grabbing the fire cape..... Could it perhaps count if you already have got one? :pray:

Remember Ket-Zeks in the Hard Diary?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ahhh but didn't they say once that they dont like doing stuff that's already an achievement? Something to do with checks and databases etc. The firecape is reward for jad so he wouldn't be a task in a diary. I could be wrong though.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Remember Ket-Zeks in the Hard Diary?

I don't think I was around when it first ever came out...... I just went into the fight caves on my first try, welfare gear to kill a ketzek and ended up with this animated cape thingy :shock: :blink:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'm just hoping that Jagex won't refrain from putting in tasks that actually take some effort because they're afraid of getting too many complaints. As has been said before, elite diaries are supposed to be elite, nothing should be off-limits.

*Logs in to find "Perform the True Skill Mastery Dungeoneering emote in Varrock center while wearing a blue partyhat and a Divine spirit shield."*

10xy5fk.png

I would like for one task to be: "While wearing an Expert Dragon Archer hat, ..."

Or the best cw armor, but those would be just terribly stupid(and highly unlikely). But again, as said earlier, nothing should be off limits.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Of course some things should be off limits.....

Elite doesn't meen : "Kill Corp with a rubber chicken, expert archer hat and CW armor while dancing inbetween attacks"

Elite meens : "While wearing a quest cape, do the jig"

The difficulty you guys want is "Insanely stupidly elite" ;-)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I would like for one task to be: "While wearing an Expert Dragon Archer hat, ..."

Or the best cw armor, but those would be just terribly stupid(and highly unlikely). But again, as said earlier, nothing should be off limits.

I think that should be off limits...

yea... the third cw armour at most.

hmm i wonder the the hard lumbrige diary thingies will be, equip a mask of the undead necromancer guy? from blood pact (was that quest mems or f2p?)

wow there really is not a lot to do in lumbrige...

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!