1st October, 2010: Behind the Scenes - October

BloodAngel

This month brings a conclusion to this year's storyline, the Void Knight quest series. After leading a band of unlikely companions through a merry dance of pest-tracking, mysterious figures and energy draining goo, were now faced with the very real threat of a full-on pest invasion, seemingly brought on by those most untrustworthy of knights, the Kinshra.

I have a sick feeling this will turn out to be a solo PC game. :angry:

Though they said it impossible, I'm still convinced we're going into a portal.

Charm Sprite: Hopefully they don't suck so I can go 72>80 Hunter on them.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't make all mean you can't make-x (99) bones @ altar

and just endlessly withdraw from familiar?

I sure hope they'll only add the option, so you can still choose. That is the case with altaring now, so it should be ok.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

my reaction

jagex: "This month there will be the 3rd void knights quest and a grandmaster quest"

me: "omfg sweet 2 quests"

me: *reads the void knight reqs*

me: "sweet a mid lvl quest! finaly! reqs from 70-80 not bad for the final void quest"

me: *begins reading on lower*

me: *finishes page and looks confused*

me: *begins re-reading and looking franticly for the grandmaster quest"

me: "where the hell is this grandmaster quest at?!!?! how can jaged just tell us theres gonna be one then not put a description on the page"

me: *realises that the void quest might actualy be what they meant by grandmaster quest*

me: *sinks into my chair and facepalms, decides not to do this novice level quest*

a_final_name.png

my reaction

jagex: "This month there will be the 3rd void knights quest and a grandmaster quest"

me: "sweet a mid lvl quest! finaly! reqs from 70-80 not bad for the final void quest"

me: "where the hell is this grandmaster quest at?!!?! how can jaged just tell us theres gonna be one then not put a description on the page"

me: *realises that the void quest might actualy be what they meant by grandmaster quest*

me: *sinks into my chair and facepalms, decides not to do this novice level quest*

Nomad's Requiem:

Level 75 Magic

Level 70 Prayer

Level 66 Mining

Level 65 Hunter

Level 60 Construction

Not exactly very high levels needed, lol what a noob grandmaster quest. Oh wait you gotta kill Nomad.

my reaction

Nomad's Requiem:

Level 75 Magic

Level 70 Prayer

Level 66 Mining

Level 65 Hunter

Level 60 Construction

Not exactly very high levels needed, lol what a noob grandmaster quest. Oh wait you gotta kill Nomad.

killing nomad is piece of cake dude, hardly what id call grandmaster, so yea it was a noob quest

1. i doubt ther will be a nomad in this quest

2. nomad's req took high combat

3. nomad was still a piece of junk, i downed him first try in a few minutes then left, im pretty confident i could kill 5-10 nomads in 1 trip right now

a_final_name.png

Doesn't make all mean you can't make-x (99) bones @ altar

and just endlessly withdraw from familiar?

I sure hope they'll only add the option, so you can still choose. That is the case with altaring now, so it should be ok.

What would really be nice is a sticky number like when withdrawing from a bank, so like if I do a "make 30" one time, the 30 comes up as an option the next time.

my reaction

Nomad's Requiem:

Level 75 Magic

Level 70 Prayer

Level 66 Mining

Level 65 Hunter

Level 60 Construction

Beat me to it. Grandmaster quests are difficult even if you have the requirements. I think I'll just get on to training to 80 magic, hopefully I'll get a heap load of commendations from The Void Stares Back (by the way, I think the title is a Neitzsche reference. If it is, kudos to Jagex) which will give me enough ranged levels for Nomad. icon_thumbsu.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think the title is a Neitzsche reference. If it is, kudos to Jagex

I believe it is. The original quote is "When you stare into the Abyss, the Abyss stares back at you". They just changed the 'Abyss' to 'Void', although Abyss and Void are much alike, if not the same thing.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Likely week 1: Quest: Yah, I had the feeling we would get a master quest, turns out a Grandmaster. I'am afraid we get more points though, like they did with Nomad's Requiem.

Probably week 2: Charm Sprites: If they have a reasonable exp-rate, top!

Today & ~22 october: Oktoberfest & Halloween: meh, just a 1-hour distraction on any of the events which give me an in-game item.

Week 3: Make-X: Usefull, except if you're 99 of course.

Probably end of the month, just like september: Postbag & Gallery: Chaos Elemental Dungeoneering-clue..?

Likely week three or spread out: Other news: meh, nothing really special for me.

That means a pretty productive month I think.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

my reaction

Nomad's Requiem:

Level 75 Magic

Level 70 Prayer

Level 66 Mining

Level 65 Hunter

Level 60 Construction

killing nomad is piece of cake dude, hardly what id call grandmaster, so yea it was a noob quest

1. i doubt ther will be a nomad in this quest

2. nomad's req took high combat

3. nomad was still a piece of junk, i downed him first try in a few minutes then left, im pretty confident i could kill 5-10 nomads in 1 trip right now

Yeah, i think you're exaggerating because I used a tort full of brews and all brews in my inventory and used overloads and didn't have many left. I beat him on the first try but it's very food intensive so 5-10 a trip..... Grandmaster generally means somewhat challenging so hopefully it will be good.

Low_C.png

yak use in bone and ovl making might be nerfed :(

i'm curious about the godswords though.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

As someone who did a LOT of pc back in the day, here's hoping this new quest will actually take us into those portals we were so fond of destroying. I always wondered what was in this "void". Seeing as it's a grandmaster, it sounds like that might be the case. :thumbup:

but I wonder what they meant by a Godsword Rework for curses. I bet the Godsword prices are going to rise in response to that update.

It probably means they're give it a more realistic animation when deflection occurs.

Swainy.png

but I wonder what they meant by a Godsword Rework for curses. I bet the Godsword prices are going to rise in response to that update.

It probably means they're give it a more realistic animation when deflection occurs.

Then all the weapons will need revamping, because they all get deflected.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Not really the greatest month for me, I was really hoping for those warped floors :P

Overall though, some good improvements with the Make-X for other players going for 99s, definitely was needed to keep consistent with other Make-X skills.

Grandmaster quest means I have to get off my butt and actually finish those Void quests lol. Not looking forward to that, but if it's anywhere near as challenging (yes, I said challenging, and I'm max all combat skills) as killing Nomad was, I may end up loving this quest (It's rare to get real challenges in quests, which is the only time I really enjoy them).

Halloween is meh for me, but might prove to be fun. Last Christmas was actually kinda fun so there lies some hope for this event for me.

I guess this month gives me my opportunity to finish those last occult floor requirements (only 85 dungeoneering atm) :D

I've said it since april, the final floors will be December, kids off school bored waiting for christmas, warped floors - slight members increase, i wouldnt be surprised if theres more than warped too.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

sounds like an epic month!

99 hunter + charms from hunting = 95 summoning maybe?

might bring about a decent method of gaining charms without lootshare

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]