05-Nov-2010 - Free Player Forum Access Expanded

Nurse_Renard

Back in June, we lowered the total level required to post on our forums to 500, and we were delighted with the response and all the new input and discussion which followed, which really added to our already great forum community.

Since then, we've added some additional forums including the Account Help forum, where people can get advice and support about most account related issues. We've also added a Community Home forum, which is a 'one stop shop' for you to find out everything that is going on in your community, including newsletters, competitions and even an official 'forum clock' (so you will never be late for that massive in-game event ever again).

With so much on offer in our forums, we want to further increase the number of free-players who can get involved and participate in the forum community, so we've reduced the requirement once more to allow anyone with a total level of at least 350 to post in all shared forums, as well as in the 'Everyone' community group!

The forums are, in our experience, one of the best places to get your RuneScape questions answered and have great discussions and debates with your fellow players. They're also a great starting point if you are thinking of joining a Clan, or maybe just join in some social fun with a player run or Jagex organised event. Of course, the forums are also the first place we look to find out what you think about the game, and you never know – a suggestion you make on our forums could even end up in RuneScape and be played and enjoyed by millions of people!

You can get to the official RuneScape forums by clicking the link from the front page or by selecting the 'Community' tab across the top of our main site and choosing the first drop down option 'Forums'. If you are a first-time forum user, it's a good idea to have a read of the 'Code of Conduct' – the link is right at the top of the forums. More details on how to use the forums can be found on the Knowledge Base here

We look forward to welcoming you to the community - see you on the forums!

Mod SteveW

Community Management

----------------

Again?

Also;

"and have great discussions and debates with your fellow players."

PFFT.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, now they've lowered the requirement from "very new F2P account" to "bot and/or trash account." What a fantastic decision, surely this will help the forums greatly by providing the viewpoint of accounts that potentially haven't even left Lumbridge yet.

Also, it's never been easier to get back in the spamming/trolling action after getting your main muted.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Lol. It should've stayed where it originally was. As an F2P even I say 350 is too low. I think they're just trying to get more numbers onto a dwindling forum.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I very rarely use RSOF, but I can't see this doing anything positive for the forums. You could get 350 overall in a few days, they may as well just open the forums to everyone and then create P2P only forums.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

what the heck is this trash?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

From what I've seen, letting F2P'ers on the forums did nothing but good things, but a total level of 350 is FAR too low. I'm not concerned about the newbie F2P'ers who typically come asking for help etc, I'm more concerned about the high leveled F2P's and P2P's who will use this as a method to spam up the forums even more. I see it all the time in game and in cc's. Players make a few accs where they can act like fools and not have to worry because "I have a P2P account that you can't do anything to". For the most part, the forums were immune to this because getting high exp was pretty hard, but 350 total levels is like what? level 15 in all skills? For someone who is determined to run the forums into the ground with spam, that's nothing.

Ehh. Really.

I understand how this makes the forums more active, but 350 can be obtained in a day. 30+ all stats really doesn't take that long.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Should have just made it open to all tbh.

Yeah im with ya!

Lets get it over with, so everyone (literally) can complaign massivly all at once about how too many people can post their complaigns and whines :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Great now f2pers who have played for a couple of days can add their insight and knowledge of the game into discussions (/sarcasm)

We deserve more updates! We are the majority! High levels get too much.

*Wonders as far as draynor for first time* OMG this game too hard!!! *Spams forum*

-

They might aswell make it all access and everyone from lummy can join in too.

Considering the original RS forums had a combat req installed at the mid point of it's life, I doubt Jagex will go back to 0 req. in order to post on the forums.

Just saying 350 seems rather low, but if they see that the main purpose is to answer questions sure I guess, maybe there are enough forum mods now to cut down on the useless posts?

The RSOF just needs an overhaul of their moderation systems. It isn't who can access them but who cleans them up.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Make Dragon Slayer a requirement for posting to forums. That would stop noobs for sure.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

They made a good decision to make f2p players with 12.5 millon exp, because that was good f2pers but now they are basically letting tutorial island people post...The forums will just be spammed with please unmute me etc

Can't post on forums if muted.

But yeah, people will probably just create a new account solely for that purpose. :thumbdown:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

"The forums are, in our experience, one of the best places to get your RuneScape questions answered and have great discussions and debates with your fellow players."

Really? REALLY?!?

I once got a Jmod to go on a small cleaning rampage in the RSOF Rants forum by posting a topic ranting about all the moronic spam in there. It... was glorious. I bet that right now, Rants is even worse than it was then. I do not consider that "one of the best," I consider it "one of the worst" when it takes an entire topic to get a mod's attention.

And I'm sorry, but the majority of the people on the RSOF are either:

• Trolls
  • People whining about Update X, or the lack of Update Y, or....
  • Roleplayers
  • Low-level bosshunters who need a team
  • Buyers/sellers of rares

or the occasional normal person who's looking for discussion and ends up getting spammed and trolled. Once again, not "one of the best."

a70c7.png

so... guide to quickest 350 total on F2P? anyone?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!