Behind The Scenes - December

Jon Arcane

+7 str? +8 str?

+30 slash,stab,crush (attack and defence)?

Can anyone confirm my guesses are pretty much in logical range of what the dragon defender stats will be?

I think 7 str, 30/29/28 stab/slash/crush is most likely, or something very close to that.

In either way, both of these updates will further favor chaotic rapier over longsword, first one mostly for pvm(cr>cls for bandos, likely) and training, second one for pvp(smaller max hit, less damage reduction).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it follows the pattern it'll have 6 strength with attack bonuses in the 30s or high 20s

A random jump of 2-3 strength would be weird since it's been going up by 1 since steel

It requires an extra jump of 20 levels, unlike the 10 from black -> rune

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

FINALLY Dragon Defender! Can't Wait! Also, the damage soaking thing looks cool as well. December looks like a great month! Too bad I have finals... -.-

It's almost like they planned the release time of this content, so they can coast on the buffer of most of their players being preoccupied so they can go back to producing some lower-key content (but equally important, like UI updates.)

hzvjpwS.gif

+7 str? +8 str?

+30 slash,stab,crush (attack and defence)?

Can anyone confirm my guesses are pretty much in logical range of what the dragon defender stats will be?

I posted my regression model in the earlier thread for the ddef. I'll edit it in in a sec.

Edit:

Stats would be:

+29 (30) stab

+28 (29) Slash

+27 (28) Crush

-3 Mage

-2 Range

+9 Summoning

+6 Strength

.007% margin of error, give or take. Numbers in parenthesis are if Jagex chooses to round up, although they round down in most cases.

Edit: This was calculated with dragon as Tier 8, which would place it at 50 defense, however it could possibly be Tier 9, so I'll calculate that in a bit.

Now this is a month im really looking forward to

Waiting for that defender since they confirmed it in June

:S

Lets see how accurate my hits with dds/whip are now.

Oh and moar korasi sword prodding :)

Laski.png

I can get the dragon defender over xmas break :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and the damage soaking thing looks interesting, if they dont screw it up for the first 3 weeks or so.

:thumbdown: to the hitsplat spamming, I hope you can turn them off.

pere_grin.png

Er, what do you MEAN a magical ranged attack? Magic hits from a distance like mage o.O

Like waterfiends have a magic attack, and a magical ranged attack.

If you pray range, you won't take damage from the magical ranged attack.

But it's magical, so its accuracy on you depends on your magic defense, instead of your ranged defense.

Even though pray range defends against it.

Naaxi.png

Hedgehog, good work.

I hope it's +6 otherwise DFS would probably crash more.

The attack values seem reasonable. They'll probably increase DPS against 50% accuracy by like... 5%ish

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Hopefully I'm able to get the dragon defender...we'll see when it comes out. I'm rather excited.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

There goes the 2h and shield market and great opputunity as well... It might most likely keep going rollercoster until January I suspect.

But do want to know does the pvp damage soaking affect other member shields.

This is either going to be the best month or the worst month of this year. I can see the defense updates failing miserably. I really hope they don't screw it up.

Well, they did say they listened to players opinions about the hitsplat thing so the chances of that one failing went from 50% to 49% :rolleyes:. Regardless, the defence update has been needed for a while and it's nice to see Jagex is doing something about the state of rushing PKing.

Bottom line is I question how good this update will be for pking. If it's bad then jagex better listen for the improvements cause I have the feeling its gonna be bad. I have the feeling its going to be especially bad for f2p if they get the update too.

Considering that the chaotic level shields only give 14% dmge reduction, it can't be that bad.

Also, it only soaks hits above 200. Rune probably won't get more than a 5% rate.

So, let's say you would 2h a 280. That's 80 over 200. 5% of that is 4. You 2h a 276. Not really a big deal.

And it won't affect f2p range or mage at all.

EDIT: I'm most concerned by the suggestion that there will be more such updates.

This is either going to be the best month or the worst month of this year. I can see the defense updates failing miserably. I really hope they don't screw it up.

Eh, what's the worst that can happen, right? :geek:

Am I the only one who thinks that the dragon defender is going to look like a red carrot?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

purple-carrots.jpg

OWNAGE@@@@@@@@@@

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Am I the only one who thinks that the dragon defender is going to look like a red carrot?

flameburst defender turned out pretty well dontcha think?

Flameburst_defender.png

I have my doubts about Jagex quite often, but not so much anymore when it comes to item models

animations on the other hand...

Naaxi.png