Behind The Scenes - December

Jon Arcane

I think Jagex will use this soak update to enforce the combat triangle :ohnoes:.

It would need one hell of an adjustment for f2p to make maging acceptable in solo combat, wouldn't it? o_O Considering that f2p will experience the least of these damage-soaking updates by comparison : x

Well I meant that rune would have no magic damage soak, a little melee soak and lots of ranged soak. Not balancing, just enforcing.

This will revolutionize F2P warring. Previously, the ranged unit was a clan's main KO power in PKRIs, since mages are expected to be primarily focusing on binding over blasting and rangers can attack faster too. But with rune inevitably having some degree of damage soaking, this will make it where rangers can't really do much against people in rune.

It will have literally no effect on F2P rangers. Ranged doesn't hit over 200 in F2P.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jagex will use this soak update to enforce the combat triangle :ohnoes:.

It would need one hell of an adjustment for f2p to make maging acceptable in solo combat, wouldn't it? o_O Considering that f2p will experience the least of these damage-soaking updates by comparison : x

Well I meant that rune would have no magic damage soak, a little melee soak and lots of ranged soak. Not balancing, just enforcing.

This will revolutionize F2P warring. Previously, the ranged unit was a clan's main KO power in PKRIs, since mages are expected to be primarily focusing on binding over blasting and rangers can attack faster too. But with rune inevitably having some degree of damage soaking, this will make it where rangers can't really do much against people in rune.

Which is arguably how it should've been to begin with, but you're 100% spot on with your logic behind f2p warring.

hzvjpwS.gif

It will have literally no effect on F2P rangers. Ranged doesn't hit over 200 in F2P.

:wall:

Nice one. I completely forgot about the "must be over 200" thing when I posted that. Yeah, ranged's max hit with addy arrows and Eagle Eye is around 186.

One thing I am curious about is which is applied first: prayers or damage reduction. So if you were to hit a 220 before prayer with a rune scimitar against someone who was praying, would the prayer reduce the damage to like a 132 and then the damage absorption still apply, or would it not apply the damage reduction at all since it was now below 200, or would it roll the damage reduc FIRST and THEN the prayer.

td2sig.jpg

Do we know that all armour soaking will be limited to hits over 200? If so, soaking in F2P is pretty much entirely pointless. Ranged can't be soaked at all, magic can be soaked for an absolute maximum of one point (if memory serves), and melee will only be soaked up by around 3 or 4 points unless the absorption percentage is high on rune, which seems unlikely.

I'm curious as to whether the staff of light's special takes precedence over the soaking or vice versa.

does f2p range with zelots ammy hit 200+ ?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

and most CWA clans don't allow the use of DG items in fights.

Is this mainly a f2p issue? I haven't seen any "no chaotics" in....ever....

I think 'no korasi's' would be the equivalent p2p rule, or 'no divine' etc.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think 'no korasi's' would be the equivalent p2p rule, or 'no divine' etc.

Korasi fails in Clan wars...it's multi

and I've never seen 'no divine'

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

insted of puting a soak ontop of curent efects it would be one half of the entire defence system.

defence level, insted of makeing you dodge more attack, should do that AND soak all damage (although only 30% of soaking for mage, other 70% goes to mage levels)

something like your armour soaks spesific %'s in spesific class's and the chance of this efect coimeing in to play is baased of your defence level.

no mater how it turns out, less KOing power for melee is a good thing.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Yeah, because the majority of clans concentrate on F2P and those that are dedicated to P2P pvp don't do it in CWA. But a while back when I was RSD and we would have the occasional P2P CWA fight, usually the rules featured no GWD items, no claws, no PvP armor/weps, and no spirit shields. It was meant to be more fair to both sides, so that the winner was based on the clan's actual skill and not who could afford what.

Most F2P full-out wars (i.e. no return after death), whether CWA or in the Wild, feature no corrupt and no dg items as blanket rules agreed on by both sides-- the Gravite 2H is extremely powerful in F2P, given the defense provided by armor and the amount food heals.

Run-ins are a little different in the wild and rules are more relaxed. The reason being is that since people are able to return after dying, you don't gain a decisive advantage by using said equipment since you'll eventually end up losing it.

td2sig.jpg

Can't wait for dragon defender. Although i'm thinking that getting will be stupid... For some reason I keep getting the image of the living rock patriarch in my mind whenever i think of the new cyclopse...

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Can't wait for dragon defender. Although i'm thinking that getting will be stupid... For some reason I keep getting the image of the living rock patriarch in my mind whenever i think of the new cyclopse...

Oh [bleep] no. :ohnoes:

So it also drops New masks then by the looks of things?

Actually, I think they were adding a reward for doing all the different activities in the guild. You might get the mask from doing that.

Actually, I think they were adding a reward for doing all the different activities in the guild. You might get the mask from doing that.

Or you might need a mask to do it? Just an educated guess? Surely they would have the character without the mask if you can get it without? I dunno... Seems logical though that the DD doesn't come easy.... Getting tokens is too easy, having it on the scale of droprate like the other defenders is too easy, so even if there's like 2 maybe 3 spawns per world (crowded first day anyone?) I'd say you may NEED the mask to fight it.

As I said - Educated Guess.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Maybe it won't fight anything other than cyclopes so you need to attain the mask to trick it into fighting? Mask could be attained by getting x tokens in each game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Or you might need a mask to do it? Just an educated guess? Surely they would have the character without the mask if you can get it without? I dunno... Seems logical though that the DD doesn't come easy.... Getting tokens is too easy, having it on the scale of droprate like the other defenders is too easy, so even if there's like 2 maybe 3 spawns per world (crowded first day anyone?) I'd say you may NEED the mask to fight it.

As I said - Educated Guess.

I was talking about getting the mask. It also crossed my mind that killing the cyclops might require the mask as well.