14-Dec-2010 - Damage Soaking and New Hitsplats

Michael

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specs/arcs can be bought with 3-5m junk, ely like 100-200m junk, and div buyable slightly above GE price by the looks of it.

SWEEEEET

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

500% soak :blink:. You heal four times the damage over 200 :lol:. That'd make Jad so easy.

Negative soak would be fun I guess, but pretty contrary to the intention Jagex has regarding this update.

What would happen if they added negative soak to WEAPONRY? - this would suddenly strengthen the combat triangle a lot again I think?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

500% soak :blink:. You heal four times the damage over 200 :lol:. That'd make Jad so easy.

Negative soak would be fun I guess, but pretty contrary to the intention Jagex has regarding this update.

What would happen if they added negative soak to WEAPONRY? - this would suddenly strengthen the combat triangle a lot again I think?

That's more or less what the strength bonus already is :P

77yLQy8.png

i cant be botherd to look if any of this has been posted allredy so here.

this is all infomation i got by equiping the armour my self.

dragon:

defender: melee 0%. mage 0%. range 0%.

skirt: 3. 0. 6.

boots: 0. 0. 0.

veracs top: 5. 0. 10.

neitz helm: 0. 0. 0. (dam...)

rune:

plate: 3. 0. 6.

kite: 3. 0. 7. (better then the body? hmm)

leggs: 2. 0. 4.

helm: 1. 0. 3.

FoG battle robes: (fully chagred)

top : 8. 4. 0.

legs: 5. 2. 0.

helm: 4. 2. 0.

dagon'hi robes:

top: 3. 1. 0.

legs: 2. 1. 0.

hat: (i dont got it so i dont know)

fremnik helms:

farseer: 3. 1. 0.

archer: 0. 3. 1.

warrior: 1. 0. 3.

zerker: (dont have, tryed to buy but it dident sell)

split bark:

top: 6. 3. 0. (not bad!)

legs: 4. 2. 0.

helm: (i apear to be missing a lot of helms...)

F2P leather coif: 0. 1. 0.

sacred clay mage robes (why do i still have thouse.... and no, thay dont have enough charge to change form)

top: 6. 3. 0.

legs: 4. 2. 0.

red d hide:

top: 0. 6. 3.

chaps: 0. 6. 3.

green d hide:

top: 0. 6. 3.

chaps: 2. 1. 0.

coif: (have a guess...)

all steel and bronze items i tested had 0. 0. 0.

black plate: 1. 0. 2.

thats basicly the exstent of my bank armour-wise.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Just got to thinking, as the only real monster that suffers from this update is corp and his attack is ridiculously high, wouldn't wearing a mixture of soaking equipment or mage armor be the best now? The most significant damage corp does is melee and mage, while using only karils will not soak melee and only using bandos will not soak magic, where as using bcp+karil skirt would fix some of that, or even better, wearing ahrims skirt+top would help tremendously, aswell. Any idea on how to estimate this impact?

idk, i'm kind of skeptical because of how low the soaks are

Ancient, I know its minimal. But free damage reduction is nice, even minor. I never expected it to be great. But still, it looks cool on paper :P

That's not what I meant :P

barrows items have better soak values in addition to better defense values (than bandos), so idk why people think bandos would go up

expecting a bandos crash, since tassets were already in a bubble for whatever reason

People are dumb. Bandos IS in a bubble right now, and that's why I went ahead and sold for max today. I made around 7 or 8m profit, and Bandos is guaranteed to crash in a few days.

What I'd really like to know is why Jagex made the Dragon Defender such a minimal upgrade over rune (at the time, it was presumably to keep the DFS relevant), and then they went and totally shafted the DFS with this update.

Whatever. The damage soak only really applies to Corp and PVP. Kree Ara has a max hit of 210 with magic, so range soak won't do crap... And Bandos has a max hit of 350 with ranged, so you'll save like 40 damage. Meh.

td2sig.jpg

With this latest update' date=' the damage soaking ability has been added to much of RuneScapes armour, which means they will also now absorb a percentage of any damage you receive [b']over 200 life points.[/b]

So, who else expected Jagex to do something crappy like this? All this does is mess PvP up some more, and maybe save a brew dose or two on boss trips. WHOOP DE FRICKIN' DO.

Yes, I am madbro. I was actually hoping they wouldn't do the "herpderp over 200" thing again... but I expected them to anyways.

Um...everyone? Seeing as, y'know, that's what they explicitly stated they were doing and all.

Do Note that (e) charged items, such as Neitiznot Helm (e) charged for summoning scrolls do NOT have any soak properties of their normal version. I would assume this bug to be fixed in next weeks update.

I hope so, does anyone know what the damage soak for a slayer helm is?

Do Note that (e) charged items, such as Neitiznot Helm (e) charged for summoning scrolls do NOT have any soak properties of their normal version. I would assume this bug to be fixed in next weeks update.

I don't know for the regular slay helm, but while I was sifting through my bank to see soak values of my equipment, my FSH didn't show absorption.

A shame though, could have been even more useful for a Jad task.

Secrets of the wyvern revealed.

That jumping magic glowing ball trick is a ranged attack.

The other attacks are all non-combat triangle hit splats which mean they are unblockable.

secretofwyverns.png

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

the splash icon is for each attack the same!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I can confirm that nomad's max-1 attack IS affected by the soak. 930 hp 900 damage about 4% and my magic soak was 4% so his attack is magic.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Secrets of the wyvern revealed.

That jumping magic glowing ball trick is a ranged attack.

The other attacks are all non-combat triangle hit splats which mean they are unblockable.

secretofwyverns.png

I don't doubt you....just know your screen shot didn't show anything.

Have the wyvern actually hit you with it, so the hitsplat shows up with an icon next to it

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I can confirm that nomad's max-1 attack IS affected by the soak. 930 hp 900 damage about 4% and my magic soak was 4% so his attack is magic.

Wow. Who would've thought? ;_;

Although I don't think it makes too much of a different for Nomad. Save a little food, but not too much would change.

I don't know for the regular slay helm, but while I was sifting through my bank to see soak values of my equipment, my FSH didn't show absorption.

A shame though, could have been even more useful for a Jad task.

i tested slayer helm (full) and it has no soak. i think.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I don't doubt you....just know your screen shot didn't show anything.

Have the wyvern actually hit you with it, so the hitsplat shows up with an icon next to it

Stand where I am and always pray range.

You will never be hit.

Thats the proof in the picture.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Did anybody else take note that you can LEFT CLICK your [cabbage] in a pile now? This is even bigger than the damage absorption, imo. Regardless the size of a pile, you no longer have to use the scroll>highlight> scroll across>action, you can just left-click on something.

td2sig.jpg

Did anybody else take note that you can LEFT CLICK your [cabbage] in a pile now? This is even bigger than the damage absorption, imo. Regardless the size of a pile, you no longer have to use the scroll>highlight> scroll across>action, you can just left-click on something.

I think it was mentioned a while back from a forum post, apparently the 'editor' forgot to add it to the news notes!