04-Jan-2011 � King of the Dwarves

Michael

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my opinion the quest and rewards were a little underwhelming, though I won't say no to some free and quick exp. I did widen my eyes a bit at that last plot twist that developed though... :blink:

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

I don't care about the rewards. I'm just dissapointed about not getting to see the battle. :(

It was too brutal to broadcast, plus save the fighting for the Mahjarrat quests!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Ha, looking at that chaos dwarf army, I think I could have easily taken it down without the help of a bunch of trolls. Just deflect range, wear max mage and let rip with ice + blood barrage. Problem solved.

For just a second, when I saw the line "The new king is .....", I was expecting that I was going to be the new king. Oh, well. It would have been great.

A human as a king of dwarves? ;)

Has anyone else noticed the numerous wooden doors that have appeared around dwarf mine/mining guild?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't care about the rewards. I'm just dissapointed about not getting to see the battle. :(

It was too brutal to broadcast, plus save the fighting for the Mahjarrat quests!

But I want EPIC BATTLE cut scenes. :(

Has anyone else noticed the numerous wooden doors that have appeared around dwarf mine/mining guild?

Been there since they updated the Dwarven Mine Graphics.

Are you KIDDING me? They specifically advertise a new grave in the BTS and then just give us a pretty costume for our old one to wear?

That's really the sort of thing you should clarify in the BTS to avoid pissing people off. I wouldn't have been disappointed with not getting a reward from this lame quest if they hadn't specifically lead me to believe it would be worth doing.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

* Adjusted the way beasts of burden hold onto items after you switch to a different familiar.

Does that mean they've finally fixed the glitch where you could put items from a BOB into a forager? Let me check...

Yep.

familiarfix.png

Congrats jagex it only took you well over a year. Used to go to Armadyl all the time with a bat holding a tortoise worth of supplies.

Edit: Actually it's been 2 years.

quit

To those who haven't started the quest/doing it atm.

Could you check the song played during the part in the cave with the trolls.

I mean in the cave with that holds the trolls, not the cave outside.

It seems that the song played during the quest is not played after the quest.

It was called Marzipan - it's played in the troll tunnel near Keldagrim.

* Adjusted the way beasts of burden hold onto items after you switch to a different familiar.

Does that mean they've finally fixed the glitch where you could put items from a BOB into a forager? Let me check...

Yep.

familiarfix.png

Congrats jagex it only took you well over a year. Used to go to Armadyl all the time with a bat holding a tortoise worth of supplies.

Edit: Actually it's been 2 years.

Typical that they don't fix the glitch itself. :shame:

It's still possible though; will post a screenshot when I'm done with rock lobs.

It was called Marzipan - it's played in the troll tunnel near Keldagrim.

Hmm, I just listened to the song, and it's not the same as the one played during the quest.

Jagex usually releases songs that doesn't have a specific name... It seems like that this is one of those songs... Dang, I liked that song ;_;

It's short, not bad other than being short, and it's pretty short. Also the xp rewards are okish (for my low mining level anyway :P), the gravestone is pretty sucky though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Some pictures of the new gravestone:

7257479.png

7257480.png

7257481.png

7257482.png

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

The gravestone looks great, but i hate its decorative only. Decorative statue, decorative this, and decorative that. Make Royal Dwarf gravestone last 1min more Jagex, your being stupid..

If Jagex is gonna go down that road (Decorative), release Wolf, Dragon, Angel, Demon and so on gravestones. If your not Jagex, then make Dwarf statue last 1min longer.

The gravestone looks great, but i hate its decorative only. Decorative statue, decorative this, and decorative that. Make Royal Dwarf gravestone last 1min more Jagex, your being stupid..

If Jagex is gonna go down that road (Decorative), release Wolf, Dragon, Angel, Demon and so on gravestones. If your not Jagex, then make Dwarf statue last 1min longer.

I wish the god gravestones lasted longer.. like they're 50k and last less time, yet they're god related graves so therefore divine and should last longer.

I wish there were skill related ones, and skill related tags for the death (read gravestone option) :\