Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Ya I have a suggestion for the front page. It should say please read this whole guideline before entering the clan chat or you will be kicked, because I read everything but the weekly trivia because I don't care about trivia and randomly got kicked because I didn't know a answer to a random question. You guys need to be more explanatory.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I have a suggestion for the front page. It should say please read this whole guideline before entering the clan chat or you will be kicked, because I read everything but the weekly trivia because I don't care about trivia and randomly got kicked because I didn't know a answer to a random question. You guys need to be more explanatory.

Quoted from the front page:

This section is simultaneously meant to educate and provide a way for moderators in the clan chat to check if newcomers have read the guidelines. When asked by a moderator you must respond with a short summary of the weekly trivia; failure to do so will result in an immediate kick from the clan chat. You may respond with past trivia, if applicable, though it is discouraged.

It takes around 20 seconds to read the weekly trivia - not only will you learn something from it, it will help you prove you have actually read the guidelines (which is a problem in the cc like I stated in the post above you.)

C1Geq.png

Can I suggest one thing? Change the name of 'Weekly Trivia' to something that doesn't make the last part seem so... trivial, like 'Final Notes'. The word 'Trivia' does mean a piece of information which is of little value, after all. That's completely at odds with what is actually in that hide tag.

I've had my rant on the cc, I just want to clear it up now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

*Proud owner of CCS+CCB*

All your fire runes are belong to us.

A celestial catalytic staff and chaotic crossbow and fire runes? I don't get it.

You attach the fire runes to the end of the staff and fire it out of the crossbow.

Idiot....

CCB = Chaotic Crossbow

CSB = Celestial Surgebox.

:ugeek:

CSBCSSCBBCCCSBCSBSCSBSCBSCSBSBBSCSBSCB

@@@

Can I suggest one thing? Change the name of 'Weekly Trivia' to something that doesn't make the last part seem so... trivial, like 'Final Notes'. The word 'Trivia' does mean a piece of information which is of little value, after all. That's completely at odds with what is actually in that hide tag.

OR how about people read the guidelines carefully enough to see the part that says you will be quizzed? It's not necessarily in our interest to make it easier to pass the extremely simple test of reading an entire post- if an applicant's attention span is too short for that task, we have reason to be extremely dubious of their ability to learn to dungeoneer. We aren't looking to accept every idiot into the chat- we need thick skinned players who want to always be improving at dungeoneering by way of listening to what people tell them. If the first thing they're told is read the guidelines and they FAIL... that's not a good sign. This kind of filtering has become much more important since we show up near the top of the clan high scores, so if we don't want to start imposing dungeoneering level limits, we NEED a quick way to weed out the idiots, and this is it.

I'm sorry that your friend was hit by our filter, but the solution to that is to improve your friend rather than relax our filters.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This section is simultaneously meant to educate and provide a way for moderators in the clan chat to check if newcomers have read the guidelines. When asked by a moderator you must respond with a short summary of the weekly trivia; failure to do so will result in an immediate kick from the clan chat. You may respond with past trivia, if applicable, though it is discouraged.

It takes around 20 seconds to read the weekly trivia - not only will you learn something from it, it will help you prove you have actually read the guidelines (which is a problem in the cc like I stated in the post above you.)

Yes I see the post in in the Trivia section just bear with me here. From a newcomers point of view (me) I would never think to look in that subscript section before joining the clan. Perhaps "Please read all of the following before joining the chat" above all the subscripts so that new comers would see this and not get confused.

Yes I see the post in in the Trivia section just bear with me here. From a newcomers point of view (me) I would never think to look in that subscript section before joining the clan. Perhaps "Please read all of the following before joining the chat" above all the subscripts so that new comers would see this and not get confused.

Taken into account - i'll see what the other leaders think of it, but you should read the front page anyways. Even if you had simply glanced at the weekly trivia you would have not been kicked for having no proof of reading the guidelines. If we emphasize the weekly trivia as the only thing you need to read to prove you have read the thread (as will_h suggested.) people will just read the weekly trivia and not the guidelines. It's a tough situation but we need a way to filter out the rsofers/people who don't bother reading the guidelines.

C1Geq.png

@ effigy: See above. Also, you're the first person I've ever seen fail the trivia test, and I've seen several succeed. I think it's fine.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

OR how about people read the guidelines carefully enough to see the part that says you will be quizzed? It's not necessarily in our interest to make it easier to pass the extremely simple test of reading an entire post- if an applicant's attention span is too short for that task, we have reason to be extremely dubious of their ability to learn to dungeoneer. We aren't looking to accept every idiot into the chat- we need thick skinned players who want to always be improving at dungeoneering by way of listening to what people tell them. If the first thing they're told is read the guidelines and they FAIL... that's not a good sign. This kind of filtering has become much more important since we show up near the top of the clan high scores, so if we don't want to start imposing dungeoneering level limits, we NEED a quick way to weed out the idiots, and this is it.

I'm sorry that your friend was hit by our filter, but the solution to that is to improve your friend rather than relax our filters.

I appreciate that there does need to be some kind of filter to make sure people have read the guidelines, but that's not the issue. The 'Weekly Trivia' does not look like it's part of the guidelines at all, it looks like it's something put there for fun.

How about we do both, I'll ask my friend to read that 'Trivia', and we change that name. I think we've seriously lost our perspective of what newcomers experience, and that's going to damage the clan.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I appreciate that there does need to be some kind of filter to make sure people have read the guidelines, but that's not the issue. The 'Weekly Trivia' does not look like it's part of the guidelines at all, it looks like it's something put there for fun.

How about we do both, I'll ask my friend to read that 'Trivia', and we change that name. I think we've seriously lost our perspective of what newcomers experience, and that's going to damage the clan.

In the 4 weeks that the trivia has been used, effigy_man is the only person who has had a problem dealing with it. The system is fine as it is and i'm sure that any other newcomer would disagree with you.

C1Geq.png

I believe you read my post wrong. "Please read all of the following before entering the chat or you will be kicked" would be placed not above "Trivia" but before all of the subscripts as to describe to the reader you must read all of this information or "guideline".

I believe you read my post wrong. "Please read all of the following before entering the chat or you will be kicked" would be placed not above "Trivia" but before all of the subscripts as to describe to the reader you must read all of this information or "guideline".

I was responding to will_h's suggestion and yours. I'll talk to obtuarian to see what he thinks about your suggestion when he's online.

C1Geq.png

I was responding to will_h's suggestion and yours. I'll talk to obtuarian to see what he thinks about your suggestion when he's online.

OK, thanks. I think I got slightly too riled up at that, heh. To be fair, I did just do a dungeon where the keyer lost his connection and we had to regroup, followed by a difficult and annoying one.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I have actually seen lots of people fail the trivia. Not necessarily get kicked, but usually asked by a wingman or someone who's hosting a floor that isn't a keyer, etc. Many people end up reading the guidelines, at least they say, over and over (omfg 6 taims@@ except not), and cannot find it. This is probably because a lot of people don't think that trivia is that important, they'll open up the tab, without really reading it, and just think it's for a bit of fun.

I think an acceptable way to manage things is to tell them to read the guidelines, ask them afterwards, and if they can't figure it out, then just emphasize that they have to read the ENTIRE first post of guidelines. At that point tbh, I'd personally make sure to read every tab, specifically the one that I may have skimmed over previously. Anyways, just emphasizing that they have to read the entire post, rather than just saying, "Re-read or you'll get kicked." Or whatever. Just a thought.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I have actually seen lots of people fail the trivia. Not necessarily get kicked, but usually asked by a wingman or someone who's hosting a floor that isn't a keyer, etc. Many people end up reading the guidelines, at least they say, over and over (omfg 6 taims@@ except not), and cannot find it. This is probably because a lot of people don't think that trivia is that important, they'll open up the tab, without really reading it, and just think it's for a bit of fun.

I think an acceptable way to manage things is to tell them to read the guidelines, ask them afterwards, and if they can't figure it out, then just emphasize that they have to read the ENTIRE first post of guidelines. At that point tbh, I'd personally make sure to read every tab, specifically the one that I may have skimmed over previously. Anyways, just emphasizing that they have to read the entire post, rather than just saying, "Re-read or you'll get kicked." Or whatever. Just a thought.

You know you like loling at them.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I actually like it as "weekly trivia" seeing as this clan is meant to teach people how to dungeoneer well, and trivia usually contains those helpful bits of information that don't fit anywhere else in the guidelines.

You could try renaming it "weekly tip" to encourage more people to read it.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

My problem with the trivia is that most people don't seem to think knowing the trivia = reading the guidelines.

I been tested on the trivia twice. First time being asked 'prove you read it', I replied with 'do you mean the trivia' since I was new to the chat at the time and didn't want any misunderstandings. However I got the response 'anyone idiot can scroll down and read the trivia' and I wasn't added to the team.

Second time I was asked, I quoted last weeks trivia because I was unaware the weekly trivia has been updated. I got the response to read the guidelines again, afterwhich I quoted the new trivia and I got the response similiar to above - anyone can just scroll down and read the trivia etc etc. Surely me knowing that there is a 'test' involving the weekly trivia means that I read through the guidelines...

Anyway, on another topic. I been practicing keying on w148 and recently keyed a couple dunge with dgs. However I can't seem to get a sub 30min time, or even a fairly consistent time and I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.

At the start of the dunge, I grab some money (and food of course), gate home, find gd, mark it and yell gtgd and go on to opening other doors. I try to leave my gatestone at intersections and and carry ggs as much as possible so i can.

Some things I have a question about is when you enter a room with multiple doors. Which one do you open first. Do you open one and follow down that path or do you open all doors. Does it really matter at all?

Also, when I tell people to gtgd I drop the ggs in a relatively safe area either in or outside the gd. Should I wait a few seconds for everybody to gt then carry the ggs as I open doors.

P.S I don't sucide key but I don't really care if I die. If I run out of food I ask people to put spare food on ggs but I don't stop the dunge. I avg something like 3 death per floor.

Blue_Sock.png

My problem with the trivia is that most people don't seem to think knowing the trivia = reading the guidelines.

I been tested on the trivia twice. First time being asked 'prove you read it', I replied with 'do you mean the trivia' since I was new to the chat at the time and didn't want any misunderstandings. However I got the response 'anyone idiot can scroll down and read the trivia' and I wasn't added to the team.

Second time I was asked, I quoted last weeks trivia because I was unaware the weekly trivia has been updated. I got the response to read the guidelines again, afterwhich I quoted the new trivia and I got the response similiar to above - anyone can just scroll down and read the trivia etc etc. Surely me knowing that there is a 'test' involving the weekly trivia means that I read through the guidelines...

We also ask questions about the binds/ring tiers to make sure you have properly read the guidelines. The weekly trivia is just a quick way to test if you have read them or not.

At the start of the dunge, I grab some money (and food of course), gate home, find gd, mark it and yell gtgd and go on to opening other doors. I try to leave my gatestone at intersections and and carry ggs as much as possible so i can.

That's actually the opposite of what you should be doing. Basically the one simple rule I follow is that the ggs should always be near or at the team's location. If you have the ggs on you constantly, people are going to randomly teleport into the wrong section of the map. It makes far more sense for your gatestone to be at the next gd while you run keys, and when the team's path denks you should bring the ggs to the new gd - Basically, you want to keep the team constantly active.

Some things I have a question about is when you enter a room with multiple doors. Which one do you open first. Do you open one and follow down that path or do you open all doors. Does it really matter at all?

This is why having a wingman is always a good idea. With a good wingman, you can open all 3 doors and check the map for the most important path that's not a gd - you run down that path and send the wingman to lead the team down another path. If you're not dging with a wingman or someone you can rely on to lead the team while you key, just run the ggs to the first gd in those 3 paths and go run the other 2.

Also, when I tell people to gtgd I drop the ggs in a relatively safe area either in or outside the gd. Should I wait a few seconds for everybody to gt then carry the ggs as I open doors.

Same as above, you shouldn't be keeping the ggs in your inventory unless there are no gds where the ggs is currently located.

C1Geq.png

Cheesy, i think it's quite confusing for you to teach keying when there actually isn't 100% general and accepted knowledge on something. Such is the case on carrying ggs. I have seen very different methods of how to do it, and atleast to me, it seems carrying the ggs most of the time is best in achieving lowest times(and, to the extreme, you should only drop ggs when there are 3 active gds). Ofcource, keyers are different and it all, too, depends on the quality of the team, thus why not carrying the ggs can be considered good in some cases.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I carry the ggs when my gate isn't free. People shouldn't randomly tele to theg ggs unless there is something to do. Of course the problem is that you are in 148 so they will.