Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I thought you people are the experts, so instead of making a new thread I will ask you.

currently I have 2 binds, when I find a hood I will bind it instantly. as for the other bind, what weapon should it be? i know you answer is obviously the highest grade 2h, but I don't want a 2h or maul. I dunge for fun, not for efficiency.

I know a 2h sword + str ring is fast, but I would prefer something 1 handed melee or mage.

and please give me options instead of saying "2h is best, get it."

Well clearly you should just use the weapon that you find most fun to use. There's a list of them in the KB. I don't know why you'd ask the "experts" about something that they clearly disagree with.

Exactly.

Why are you even posting here?

Also, it happens to be that, for most dgers, fun equals quick dungeons, which means the best bind set up. Dunno about you, but I find it fun to be able to kill monsters the fastest possible, which means using prome 2h or primal b axe.

Your only options are

2h

primal battle axe (if you know how to use it)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement for Dgs ranks

Important if you are a wingman/keyer/moderator.

The tip.it admins have recently granted us a private forum for the dgs ranks to discuss any issues, suggestions or really anything you want to talk about that you feel the admins should be looking at. You can scroll down the front page of the forums to get there, or just go to: http://forum.tip.it/forum/270-dungeonsweepers/

Wingmen recommendations are also done on the private forums now rather than through runescape pms or other channels, so if you know anyone you feel is worthy of being a wingman - post your reasons why at http://forum.tip.it/topic/293776-wingmen-recommendation-thread/

Weekly trivia suggestions can be posted at http://forum.tip.it/topic/293778-weekly-trivia-archive/ as well as on this thread if you are not a ranked keyer/wingman/moderator. We're currently missing our weekly trivia for this week, so if you have any suggestions, post 'em!

C1Geq.png

Yet another new keyer - El Pita. :)

So we've had tons of people come forward recently to be ranked keyers, which is awesome, but we have a distinct lack of wingpeople! Remember that in dungeoneering there are only two possible roles - keying and wingmanning. If you don't feel like you fall under either category, now would be a great time to start evaluating what you want to really focus on (though all wingmen should at least TRY to key). So I really want every DGSer to focus on being a great wingman, regardless of whether or not you also key. The values and skills we look for in wingmen are very important to the type of dungeoneering group we are.

It was always the intention to have more wingmen than keyers, but we don't feel that we've really promoted the wingman position enough, and in all honesty, it has fairly steep requirements. So this is me promoting the wingman position; if I don't see five potential wingmen put forward by ranked keyers within the next week, I'm banning everyone. ;)

Beware the fleshy tentacles,

Jimi / Obt

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yet another new keyer - El Pita. :)

So we've had tons of people come forward recently to be ranked keyers, which is awesome, but we have a distinct lack of wingpeople! Remember that in dungeoneering there are only two possible roles - keying and wingmanning. If you don't feel like you fall under either category, now would be a great time to start evaluating what you want to really focus on (though all wingmen should at least TRY to key). So I really want every DGSer to focus on being a great wingman, regardless of whether or not you also key. The values and skills we look for in wingmen are very important to the type of dungeoneering group we are.

It was always the intention to have more wingmen than keyers, but we don't feel that we've really promoted the wingman position enough, and in all honesty, it has fairly steep requirements. So this is me promoting the wingman position; if I don't see five potential wingmen put forward by ranked keyers within the next week, I'm banning everyone. ;)

Beware the fleshy tentacles,

Jimi / Obt

You say you want wingmen, but you're never going to get any.

Because this clan does not give anyone the vital ingredient to gain wings and become a wingman.

And that ingredient is...

[hide]redbullcan11.jpg[/hide]

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

hello, Can I come to your DGS cc, and at the same time I would like some advice on how to keyataan:) pm: Xaleech 72 dg would be coming today, so it would be nice to get your submission to:).

hello, Can I come to your DGS cc, and at the same time I would like some advice on how to keyataan:) pm: Xaleech 72 dg would be coming today, so it would be nice to get your submission to:).

wat

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You can join if you meet the requirements.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I got my rapier yesterday! Huge thanks to DGS! Lots of people to thank. All the pro keyers who drag me around. All the people who put up with my mediocre keying. I used to hate dungeoneering until I joined and now it's my favorite skill. I haven't farmed in ages! To 100!

EDIT- With a little break to mess around my rapier and get 70 rcing. :thumbsup:

vettro.png

Dear Gromy Bonyip,

It has come to my attention that one Andrew/Accept Death/Dying Silent/Get Under Me/Missed A Key has been exhibiting a distinct lack of talent in his humor. Firstly, twas in a dungeoneering floor when he made the quip that a monolith room was, and I quote... "shady," to which my response was to slam my head into the keyboard. Secondly, he asked me to inquire about whatever ambiguous thought or action he was thinking/performing at that moment, and upon inquiring (using the response, "what?"), I was greeted with "chicken butt." I need not explain why such a grievous insult should go unchecked.

I expect this to be dealt with promptly.

Regards,

Jimi / Jumu / Obt / Obty / Obs / Hex

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

DRAGGING

When someone says to "drag" the ggs, this does not mean to take it to your gate, or to teleport anywhere with it. "Drag" implies carrying the GGS without teleporting, usually along a path the keyer is not following. For example, as a keyer, if we are in a GD with two doors in opposite directions, I can instruct a team member to drag the ggs north, while I go south. Someone should pick up the ggs, carry it with them north, hopefully to another GD, and drop it when they stop. Someone dragging the ggs is allowed to carry the ggs on them, but to be on the lookout for the keyer teleporting and asking them to drop it.

If you are keying and want someone to move the ggs more specifically, ask them to "move" or "take" ggs.

lalalasig2.png

I just got to lvl 95 dung but i can't access f48.

I had finished all floors and was 900exp short so i spent 900 tokens on the remanining exp and then did f47 c1 to unlock f48 but it didn't unlock.

Is there something i did wrong here, or should i just try doing f47 c1 again?

DRAGGING

When someone says to "drag" the ggs, this does not mean to take it to your gate, or to teleport anywhere with it. "Drag" implies carrying the GGS without teleporting, usually along a path the keyer is not following. For example, as a keyer, if we are in a GD with two doors in opposite directions, I can instruct a team member to drag the ggs north, while I go south. Someone should pick up the ggs, carry it with them north, hopefully to another GD, and drop it when they stop. Someone dragging the ggs is allowed to carry the ggs on them, but to be on the lookout for the keyer teleporting and asking them to drop it.

If you are keying and want someone to move the ggs more specifically, ask them to "move" or "take" ggs.

+1. I've noticed this is one of the hardest things to get a DGS team to do for some reason. It is not very hard- just be aware of the GGS and make sure it doesn't get 5 rooms behind the team.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I had finished all floors and was 900exp short so i spent 900 tokens on the remanining exp and then did f47 c1 to unlock f48 but it didn't unlock.

Do f47, then when it says about how you need to reset for prestige xp, click "please click here to continue" and it will unlock the next floor

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Yes you should. I filled my occult and reran f47 c1 to unlock warped like half an hour ago and it worked.

Blue_Sock.png

DRAGGING

+1. I've noticed this is one of the hardest things to get a DGS team to do for some reason. It is not very hard- just be aware of the GGS and make sure it doesn't get 5 rooms behind the team.

+1.

I always have to bite my tongue when people say "k dragging ggs" and they go to the other side of the map

THAT'S NOT DRAGGING THE GGS

Seriously, i feel like cutting people when they say it.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

... twas in a dungeoneering floor when he made the quip that a monolith room was, and I quote... "shady," to which my response was to slam my head into the keyboard.

You know that room where those concealed spikes pop up under your feet while the mobs shoot into your screaming flesh?

That room is groovy.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You know that room where you have to get the crystal to the lodestone in the middle and the orb tries to stop you?

I always feel a little jumpy in that room.