Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I don't think you have to tie. I've seen a fair number of dungeons where Berserker wasn't awarded, definitely way too many to be attributed to blind luck on getting PERFECT ties. I think the system allows for a fair bit of leniency. Still though, it's tough for there not to be a Berserker.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you have to tie. I've seen a fair number of dungeons where Berserker wasn't awarded, definitely way too many to be attributed to blind luck on getting PERFECT ties. I think the system allows for a fair bit of leniency. Still though, it's tough for there not to be a Berserker.

I think there might be a set amount of damge you have to hit past to even be rewarded the zerker title. I could be wrong though.

C1Geq.png

I know it's not "exact", but it's close enough to the point that no one getting the title is very unlikely. To say the berserker in the group was only doing GDs and not opening any doors is a bit...harsh of an assumption.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I think there might be a set amount of damge you have to hit past to even be rewarded the zerker title. I could be wrong though.

Oh yes that's certainly part of it. You need to do past a certain proportion of damage based off the size and complexity of the floor (explaining how you can still get the titles in c1s).

On a 15 minute floor, getting berserker doesn't show that you are good imo. It simply means you were doing gds most of the time while all the other people were actively running and opening doors for you.

what does sharpshooter and battle-mage mean?

That's also a bit of an unfair assumption to be putting onto someone.

I mean, no matter what team you're on, or what all the team members are doing, SOMEBODY has to get berserker (unless you somehow tie in melee damage...good luck doing that though) Apparently that one guy was only doing gds, while others opened doors for them?

Gnomes'es reasoning only applies to the berserker title alone(though even that takes skill to get alone), what really distinguishes dps-ing ability is being able to get berserker+mage/sharp titles as it means you are able to be well-rounded as well as out-dps everyone. Looking at the titles and how their distribution it's quite easy to see who can and can't dps well. I open alot more doors and do more skill rooms than most other dps-ers(mostly because of total level) but still manage to get berserker more frequently- doubtful it's just luck.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Congratulations to our newest ranked keyer, Ousekeys! Well done and well deserved.

Yeah he really deserves it, pro keyer :D

Congratss :)

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Thanks guys, especially to the people who dung with me regularly, you know who you are. :D Expect to see me sweeping a lot more floors in the future! :wink:

abandonnedherokeyer15.png

Is the Urn half empty or half full?

dgsl.jpg

Add that everyone must get toolkits/runes 5 minutes into floor or else will get kicked :thumbup:

Explain to the person in the dg that they should have runes & a toolkit - don't kick people because not only is it against the rules to kick a dgser from a dgs dungeon, you're not teaching them anything.

C1Geq.png

I thought you people are the experts, so instead of making a new thread I will ask you.

currently I have 2 binds, when I find a hood I will bind it instantly. as for the other bind, what weapon should it be? i know you answer is obviously the highest grade 2h, but I don't want a 2h or maul. I dunge for fun, not for efficiency.

I know a 2h sword + str ring is fast, but I would prefer something 1 handed melee or mage.

as of now I have a longsword, but i might get a baxe or a staff.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I thought you people are the experts, so instead of making a new thread I will ask you.

currently I have 2 binds, when I find a hood I will bind it instantly. as for the other bind, what weapon should it be? i know you answer is obviously the highest grade 2h, but I don't want a 2h or maul. I dunge for fun, not for efficiency.

I know a 2h sword + str ring is fast, but I would prefer something 1 handed melee or mage.

and please give me options instead of saying "2h is best, get it."

Well clearly you should just use the weapon that you find most fun to use. There's a list of them in the KB. I don't know why you'd ask the "experts" about something that they clearly disagree with.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

For dgs, 2h is your only choice until you get 99 attack and 89 dungeoneering. Otherwise, battleaxes are the second best tier of weapons, but at lower levels, not as effective.

As for toolkits, i would say that if your total level is ~1000 levels under that of the highest skiller and you are just learning to dungeoneer(below 80 dungeoneering), it's really not worth bothering getting a tk. Also, if you are 4th or 5th lowest skiller on the team you shouldn't even try to get a tk from the start room and get it as soon as possible from other dungeon resources, just because it's essential for the keyer and the highest skiller to ALWAYS get a tk at the start. For starting dgsers with low total it's not really a big offense to not have a toolkit, and i wouldn't be too judgmental for that(i have had that with like 1.7k skill totals in dgs and it's usually a nonissue as they have loads of other things that would need improving before getting to that).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You want advice on what the most fun weapon is? Lol'd. How about an empowered earth staff?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If you bind a hood and a staff, what are you going to do to kill pickaxes? They are invincible to magic, and that would be your only combat style.

Also, as xpx mentioned, battleaxes are the second best option behind two-handers, up until level 89, when you can get a Primal battleaxe.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I'm tired of people saying smithing door gated without saying the level. There is no reason not to get a toolkit 5 minutes into a floor with all the cash piles being dropped.

I'm tired of people saying smithing door gated without saying the level. There is no reason not to get a toolkit 5 minutes into a floor with all the cash piles being dropped.

But den i cont hord as much fewd mang

No, really I agree with you.

td2sig.jpg

If we were to add that to the guidelines, we might as well turn the guidelines into a giant guide about dungeoneering. It takes 10 seconds to explain to someone that they should have a toolkit, and you wont ever have to explain it to them again. If that is too much effort for you, have your wingman explain it.

C1Geq.png

Rapier and battleaxes are more viable in solos than groups because the monsters are often very low leveled.

Personally, I would bind rapier + 2h until you find a hood. Then hood + primal rapier* until you start teaming, at which point switch to hood + 2h. If no hood found by the time you start teaming, then plate + 2h.

*Only if you have a celestial surgebox (csb), if you do not, then hood + 2h.

With a csb you can craft a fire staff out of blood spindle branches if you wish, which costs 1650gp. Beats binding a staff for sure.

If you have no experience in boss hunting or dnging then just use 2h + plate.

siggya.png