Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Actually haven't posted here in a while...

Is there a list of most useful/recommended skill levels?

I don't know, maybe it's not necessary and it just comes down to whatever level is needed for T10 for that particular skill...

Whenever I DG with people with max or near max stats I simply find myself lacking when it comes to things like level 90 chests or GC logs/bows.

There are also things like Hunter and Crafting. I'm not sure if people usually even touch those skills, even if they do have a HHB.

Here's a list I've created, going [mostly] in order of skills listed in game:

99 Attack (Primal Battleaxe/2h/Rapier)

99 Strength

99 Defense (Primal Platebody/Gaunlets)

99 Hitpoints

90 Ranged (Gravecreeper -bow)

95 Prayer (Turmoil)

95 Magic (Fire Surge, Vengeance Group)

91 Summoning (Sachem Bloodrager)

_ _ _

70 Runecraft (Surgebox)

75 Construction (Base Altar)

99 Herblore (Strong Survivalist)*

90 Thieving (Highest chest)

99 Crafting (Tyrannoleather Body)*

96 Fletching (Gravecreeper Longbow)*

41 Slayer (Night spider)

90 Hunter (Tyrannomastyx)*

90 Mining (Promethium Ore)

50 Smithing (Zephyrium Bar)

90 Fishing (Raw Cave Moray)

90 Cooking (Cave Moray)

90 Firemaking (Gravecreeper Branches)

90 Woodcutting (Gravecreeper Branches)

95 Farming (Buckthorn)*

Some distinctions are hard to make. 99 combats would almost assuredly be recommended, but other 99 skills seem more arbitrary, even if they do provide a small bonus each level over the required.

The ones marked with * are ones I'm not sure about, although I'm pretty confident with the others. Please advise.

Also, how does one skip Necrolord floors? I believe I chose F42 and still got him...

And... What length of bow is recommended for him?

It's actually better & quicker to mage necrolord. Iirc, fire surge with t10 blitzer is better than a gravecreeper longbow/shortbow with sag arrows - not to mention making runes is quicker + most people have a csb bound. You can remove the cooking/firemaking requirement as cooking/fishing is never done in good floors. 99 craft + 90 hunting are good, but not needed. A more realistic level would be 89 /80 assuming you have a hex bound. The farming requirement is way too high, nobody ever makes rejuvs - 84 for lycos makes much more sense. Woodcutting is alright but not really needed unless you have the rc level for emp fires. Fletching should be 78 for gravecreeper staves. Rc 80 for emp fires.

C1Geq.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how i see it:

90 or 99 Attack

As high as possible Strength

90 Defense (to wear armour drops)

As high as possible Hitpoints

n/a for ranged, except to wear leather armour

95 Prayer (Turmoil)

95 Magic (Fire Surge, Vengeance Group)

91 Summoning (Sachem Bloodrager)

_ _ _

80 Runecrafting for surgebox+firestaff

75 Construction (Base Altar)

96/99 Herblore

90 Thieving (Highest chest)

89/79 Crafting (because most people r in that level range, any lower and goodluck finding dinos)

About 85+fletching (84 for entgallow trap)

As high as possible slayer

80+ hunter

90 Mining (Promethium Ore)

50 Smithing (Zephyrium Bar)

1 Fishing (Raw Cave Moray)

1 Cooking (Cave Moray)

1 Firemaking

80+ Woodcutting (entgallow appears commonly because most people have the level to make it appear)

84 Farming

edit: lol out of those skills i just need herblore or theiving

Uh, entgallow trap? Tipsi, you use t1 traps for dinos. (or whatever log you get dropped from a monster if you havent bought a tangle gum at the start.)

C1Geq.png

Necro floors are 38-42, so that would explain your problem there.

Necro is 39-41, Flesh 42-44 (though obviously you can get necro on any floor 39-47, just less chance after 42)

dukky.png

dukky.png

Yeah, I think I got sidetracked halfway through and tried to make it a hybrid list between DGS teams and teams 'above W148' but 'below 3BO'... Sorry lol.

I feel more comfortable with an If [skill] is required, then level [number] is recommended. The teams I'm on definitely have to fish more often than you guys, for example, but rarely have HHBs, so Hunter/Crafting wouldn't be issues.

I was going to make a revised list but things really get too conditional!

Out of curiousity, do any of the regulars in DGS have/use Vengeance Group?

2dgucz6.png

You should still learn to make dino armour losslessly, it's good for the keyer to have some form of armour (assuming they're not a platebeard.)

C1Geq.png

Contrary to popular belief, lowest hp level is beneficial for dungeoneering, thus the ideal level would be 10(9), not 99. The reasoning being that monster levels are calculated based on hp levels within the party, thus pures(primarily characters with high hp/combat ratio) will be alot less useful than main characters within dungeoneering.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You should still learn to make dino armour losslessly, it's good for the keyer to have some form of armour (assuming they're not a platebeard.)

Hey I used to think blood necklace was better then platebody.

Then after a friend told me that plate was considered better by most 120+ dg'ers I thought about it.

A few dungeons later whilst dieing twice in an attempt to do a rc puzzle (this is having a few salve eelse the first time) because of magers and rangers

as well as taking very very very harsh damage doing other various rooms and simply running through others...

I thought that platebody is actually better then bloodnecklace, if your skills are high at least.

imo if you're likely to do alot of skill rooms or puzzle rooms,plate is better then nearly anything else.

imo if you're likely to do alot of skill rooms or puzzle rooms,plate is better then nearly anything else.

Lol agreed, I do a lot of skill rooms and get raped often. Binding a plate is tempting, but I just can't bear to break my blood neck for a plate. :P

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Then after a friend told me that plate was considered better by most 120+ dg'ers I thought about it.

A few dungeons later whilst dieing twice in an attempt to do a rc puzzle (this is having a few salve eelse the first time) because of magers and rangers

as well as taking very very very harsh damage doing other various rooms and simply running through others...

I thought that platebody is actually better then bloodnecklace, if your skills are high at least.

Get 90 fishing and 99 cooking and fish as many cave morays as you can

Stop fighting any monsters as soon as you see a fishing spot

Stop keying also, the dungeon can wait. After all , YOU'RE KEYING so other people can wait and respect your wishes.

Fishing spots take priorty, as they help you kill more monsters for a longer period of time.

Make sure to run around aimlessly until you can find a grave creeper tree

If you don't have 90 wc, take the ggs there. Forgt about others that may be doing gd's

They clearly dont' know how to dungeon right.

Once ggs is there, tell everyone to "GTSOULGAZER" then ask them to cut for you.

After you've got a full inventory of morays, snipe a blue charm and go make a worldbearer and continue to store all food possible in this.

This is what a keyer did in 117 today.

I allowed him to key, wanted a bit of nostaligia from the old days

NEVER AGAIN.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Lol, that is the worst way to decide on your binds. Actual evidence and facts on which speeds up dungeons more? Nah, let me just ask what most people use. Just because most people who grind to 120 bind something, does not make it good.

The only person I'll accept binding a plate is a keyer. For non keyers, plates are not worth binding and are really just a waste of a bind. Yes plate has it's benefits to keyers, but non keyers (even those with high total) should still keep an offensive bind as they spend most of their time doing gds and aren't usually tanking an entire room of things.

Anyways, what does that have to do with learning to make dino armour lossless-ly?

C1Geq.png

While I do think some of dgs unappreciate the value of armour, it is pretty rare that you will come across an absolutely horrible room.

A lot of the time you can safespot things or range pray to live, etc.

I only think the keyer should have armour bound if on a bad team and has to do everything themselves.

siggya.png

In the really bad rape rooms, having a plate is only going to delay your death - i'd much rather speed up the dungeon than waste time having a plate.

C1Geq.png

Lol, that is the worst way to decide on your binds. Actual evidence and facts on which speeds up dungeons more? Nah, let me just ask what most people use. Just because most people who grind to 120 bind something, does not make it good.

The only person I'll accept binding a plate is a keyer. For non keyers, plates are not worth binding and are really just a waste of a bind. Yes plate has it's benefits to keyers, but non keyers (even those with high total) should still keep an offensive bind as they spend most of their time doing gds and aren't usually tanking an entire room of things.

Anyways, what does that have to do with learning to make dino armour lossless-ly?

I automatically assumed dgs was right when i first heard that... So dont think I didnt think it through. And idk how high your skills are to sympathise with me but i'm often made to solo the odd room... and i can definitely see the benefits of a platebody.

See, i think that the multiple seconds or minutes you save in not taking so much damage/dieing having to gs tele back etc, not to mention the higher exp you get per floor due to less deaths is better then the 20seconds max total dungeon time u save for hitting slightly better or whatever the bloodnecklace is best for.. ofcourse if you suicide on purpose like smellysocks thats different, but he has full primal, i think he's just lazy with praying magic

dgs got me interested in efficiency, and to be honest whether you're looking at average dungeon speed efficiency or total dungeoneering exp per hour efficiency, platebody is better if you're going to be running through horrible rooms.

Now thats factual evidence, and hence why i said if you're expected to do more skill rooms that platebody is better.

now I feel like a nerd lol, getting technical about a game... lol ttyl.

A platebody is only good in situations in which you absolutely have to tank ranged damage, but for running trough rooms, it really doesn't matter much. A platebody also severely limits your ability to pray, as those without one will use prayers as intended, praying range and melee as needed, while platebeards just use mage pray and still take considerable damage. For most situations where a plate is considered useful, it would actually be more beneficial to use advanced combat tactics to ignore damage completely, while platebeards never bother to learn these techniques and suffer for it. Rooms that are really rape enough would more than likely still need multiple people to finish, with or without a plate.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I automatically assumed dgs was right when i first heard that... So dont think I didnt think it through. And idk how high your skills are to sympathise with me but i'm often made to solo the odd room... and i can definitely see the benefits of a platebody.

Being a keyer without a platebody who had used one for a good while, I can say having a plate did not stop me from dying in rape rooms. Like I said, it delays your death. Being able to kite/lure/safespot monsters is far more useful than a platebody - and hey, that only takes some knowledge of the game and not a bind spot!

See, i think that the multiple seconds or minutes you save in not taking so much damage/dieing having to gs tele back etc, not to mention the higher exp you get per floor due to less deaths is better then the 20seconds max total dungeon time u save for hitting slightly better or whatever the bloodnecklace is best for..

It really doesn't take that much effort to not die in a dungeon unless you encounter a rape room where platebody or no platebody, you're going to die unless you get the team there. The time saved by binding a plate is subjective, too - If you're in a dg that has almost 0 rooms where a platebody is useful you're wasting your bind, whereas if you do that same dg with a bneck/hex/gaunts/rapier/ccstaff, you're going to be saving time no matter what. A platebody in my eyes is a waste of a bind (with the exception of keyers).

dgs got me interested in efficiency, and to be honest whether you're looking at average dungeon speed efficiency or total dungeoneering exp per hour efficiency, platebody is better if you're going to be running through horrible rooms.

This is the problem like I just said - a plate's usefulness is subjective on the team, dungeon, and luck. An offensive bind will always benefit you no matter what.

Now thats factual evidence, and hence why i said if you're expected to do more skill rooms that platebody is better.

It's still completely subjective on the dungeon layout and team quality.

C1Geq.png

Hey, My RSN is k-mart and i would like to join and i have skype but normally don't have my mic but i will listen to everything i am told to do and do it. i am hooded and have Primal maul and always give my full attention to dungeoneering while i am and will be glad to learn how to key from watching the pro's :)