Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take this rule out then?

A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level (yes i know hes 99 att)

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Pkgezza has 99 att/str - he should have a prom 2h bound (or a primal baxe). A maul is perfectly acceptable bind when your attack level is 20 levels lower than your str level - game's mixes up his own preferences with that of the cc guidelines. He himself won't take anyone with a maul (which is up to his own judgement), but we do allow maul binds when people have certain levels.

C1Geq.png

You need 89 dung to get a primal baxe, just get a 2h

it's generally considered to be the better weapon anyway

This isn't really true anymore- recent research on the defense level of a lot of monsters is making the baxe look better a lot of the time, especially with binds like blood neck or primal gaunts. Still good to have both on a team, though- the 2hs just have to be careful about attacking tank monsters first while the baxes clean up zombies, skeletons, shades, ankou, pickaxes, etc.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This isn't really true anymore- recent research on the defense level of a lot of monsters is making the baxe look better a lot of the time, especially with binds like blood neck or primal gaunts. Still good to have both on a team, though- the 2hs just have to be careful about attacking tank monsters first while the baxes clean up zombies, skeletons, shades, ankou, pickaxes, etc.

Until we say other wise, its 2H > Baxe.

Until we say other wise, its 2H > Baxe.

Hiding dem facts. You should apply for TIF mod. :thumbup:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

take this rule out then?

A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level (yes i know hes 99 att)

That still applies, wade looked at his stats (or knew his combat stats), and was responding to that person in specific.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

A lot of you have probably had a prom 2h suggested to you as a weapon bind over the last couple months. What you may not know is that this entire time we've had information suggesting that a primal battleaxe is pretty much always better in all ways. 2h is, as it turns out, a pretty bad weapon. However, Grimy has been demanding that the ranks hush this up and keep on telling people to use a prom 2h.

His reasoning is that the members of DGS need more apm (actions per minute) training. Rather than simply asking people to practice their apm, he devised the idea that members can practice their apm by being required to equip the surgebox as well as quickswitch the ring AND autocast the spell AND put on a staff, every time they want to mage something. To say nothing of how much that discourages the use of magic among 2h users, it also wastes a lot of time between the poor performance in melee combat and the long switch time for magic.

Now, I'm the last person to discourage high apm. Definitely practice flashing turmoil, getting ring and style switches down, doing lossless skilling like fletching traps or making armor during combat, or growing herbs during GDs, and whatever else you can to maximize effectiveness. I'm just not sure that having misleading weapon guidelines is the best way to go about getting the most out of every dungeoneer.

I don't like lying to people, so I'm likely giving up my DGS rank to make this public. Battleaxe IS a better bind. If you want to practice your actions per minute, use a prom 2h. If you want to perform better in dungeons, bind a primal battleaxe. If you're 113 DG, obviously bind a primal 2h.

Any offense boosting gear like neck or gaunts favors the faster weapon, which means baxe gets even better in comparison.

I'm tired of Losing games saying that i never get berserker, here you are.

2cqd91x.png

29ll24l.png

Oh and i also got this :D

9vckeo.png

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

But is it enough to make it better than p2h?

Oh sorry, forgot about the primal part.

With a CCS, you definitely want to pair with a battleaxe. There are very few monsters not weak to either magic or low enough defense to make a battleaxe better, and a blood necklace makes a battleaxe even higher raw DPS than usual. You spend most of the time with CCS maging anyway, and just switch to melee to clean up the leftover zombies/skeles.

blazer is only useful when you are trying to conserve runes, i.e you have a ccs bound. without a ccs you will never run out of runes and blitzer reduces overkill loss. I don't see how blazer would be better on dreadnaught either

kiting/running away makes blazer better, because it's still dealing damage when you aren't casting.

It's honestly the only place I use it over blitzer, and it's barely better...if not the same, depending on how often he comes after you.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

A lot of you have probably had a prom 2h suggested to you as a weapon bind over the last couple months. What you may not know is that this entire time we've had information suggesting that a primal battleaxe is pretty much always better in all ways. 2h is, as it turns out, a pretty bad weapon. However, Grimy has been demanding that the ranks hush this up and keep on telling people to use a prom 2h.

His reasoning is that the members of DGS need more apm (actions per minute) training. Rather than simply asking people to practice their apm, he devised the idea that members can practice their apm by being required to equip the surgebox as well as quickswitch the ring AND autocast the spell AND put on a staff, every time they want to mage something. To say nothing of how much that discourages the use of magic among 2h users, it also wastes a lot of time between the poor performance in melee combat and the long switch time for magic.

Now, I'm the last person to discourage high apm. Definitely practice flashing turmoil, getting ring and style switches down, doing lossless skilling like fletching traps or making armor during combat, or growing herbs during GDs, and whatever else you can to maximize effectiveness. I'm just not sure that having misleading weapon guidelines is the best way to go about getting the most out of every dungeoneer.

I don't like lying to people, so I'm likely giving up my DGS rank to make this public. Battleaxe IS a better bind. If you want to practice your actions per minute, use a prom 2h. If you want to perform better in dungeons, bind a primal battleaxe. If you're 113 DG, obviously bind a primal 2h.

ya this here is why im 63 rc

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

May I join you guys please? 68 dg, prom 2h and gorg plate bound with tier 5 brezerker and gatherer ring. The rest of my stats are in my sig.

Of course. Just pop into the chat anytime.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.